It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Dreams! Am I The Only One?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have always thought the dreams-for lack of any other explanation-were just a persons bored mind/imagination at play as the body rest,

Now I don't know if that is just a rational explanation-or just a bunch of bunk.

I had a dream 2 nights ago that must have lasted 45 minutes or so it seemed, however I only remember about 10 seconds. I was looking out the ballroom window of an old Elk's lodge that was turned into a kind of tennis club. I remember being there one time about 30 years ago and I saw out the window the patio area, an outdoor pool and at the far end I could see some lawn courts-just like I remembered-sort of. I was in the ballroom to complain about how bad the lawn(grass) courts suck(almost forgot I was holding a ski pole over my right shoulder-I have never skied or even picked up one of those poles in my entire life) although that part ended and suddenly I could feel many people around as if it a meeting or something-all kind of foggy. Then at a kind of wavy or misty lecturn or podium someone introduced " Andy Fastow"(if you don't remember he is, or was the Enron CFO still in the joint) he comes out of the fog and I go to shake hands with him he is wearing one of those suits from the 20's or 30's I think they called them double flannel breasted or something- think of a picture of Neville Chamberlain-that kind of suit- he comes up and ask me for a dime for the toilet because he is broke-and I wake up.

It's all so stupid however how could my 'bored' imagination remember something so long ago that I had forgotten completely-so miniscule and unimportant. I was ask, or I ask someone several weeks ago about Bethany Mclean book about Enron and chapter 19 called "Ask why Asshole" in which Jeff Skilling calls a short seller an asshole in front of a thousand people-but that has got nothing to do with anything!!! Pay toilets were out of existence before I was even born!

The Ski pole???

I know everyone else has bizarre, silly dreams but until 2 days ago I had never had one with this amount of serendipitous stupidity.

What does it all mean????

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

If you believe in reincarnation, it could be memories of that time period coming through. People do tend to reincarnate to the same Earthly locations quite often.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by sled735

Well I have had some real doozies, Once I dreamed I was a black Reptillian man/thing and I was watching some drug dealer's making a deal in a multi story car part some were, they were just exchanging the money and I ran out of the shadow's and attacked them, I jumped in the air too fast for the men to draw there gun's and my legs bent the wrong way with taloned feet so I fell on the bigger and took his stomach out with a downward kick of my foot while holding him with my clawed hands, weird and disturbing as I am a pacifist but I remember feeling powerful almost invincible and very fast and intelligent.

Earlier tonight at about 3.40 pm English time I fell asleep as I am off work and felt like a doze, I dreamed I was in some medieval tavern and was a young inexperienced knight under the wing of an older knight whom was grey bearded and aging, an disreputable knight came in and shouted to me before throwing a bouquet of flowers at me (like an insult) but the older guy stood and caught them in mid flight, he was wounded as the blade of a dagger was concealed in the stems of the flowers and it went through his hand, the cat woke me up by trying to get me to get off the bed and steal it for himself.

The human imagination is a wonderful but sometimes terrifying thing.

Well, believe it, or not. I've had members on my paranormal thread who swear they are part Reptilian, or some other alien. People have even seen this part of them, according to them.
I hope you aren't one of those people, allowing your evil possessor free reign during your nightly travels.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I was actually looking at a Remote viewing site yesterday as I became interested in unrelated mcmoneagle and his mars observation's, and got kind of angry with the reptilian's when I read that yesterday but they sound more humanlike (I was that annoyed I tried to send to them do they taste like chicken),
No blue is my colour not orange but if we are all connected can we truly damn an entire race as all the same if they are real then surely there must be good amongst them and if I was one I would want to be rich and happy, (not necessarily financial wealth).
Peace.

I once tried to protect a white bird in my dream's and kept calling it lord, it was not pigeon but had a size about half as big with almond black eyes that seemed to radiate love and light, it had a straight beak not a curved one that was long and black, I kissed it in my dream and sent it away from me to keep it safe against whatever was besieging me this was 20 years ago.
edit on 11-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

It's just my personal opinion about the reptilians, that's all.
If aliens do exist, I just get a very bad "vibe" when I hear about them (the reptilians). Long story, different thread material.

edit on 6/11/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hi Sled,

I have lots of weird, wild and wacky dreams:

Had a dream that when I walked out of my condo all my neighbors were outside waiting for me. I greeted them and they all started barking at me. Like 'woof woof woof woof' Now, I am a cat person so I have no idea what that means, lol.

I always have dreams where I am being pulled to the ceiling. I am totally frightened and fight it all the way.

I am single and do I have dreams of longing for other men? NO....I have dreams where I will walk into a banquet hall and see the most beautiful array of desserts. It's a LONG table filled with every cookie, cake, sundae, pie and other dessert you can possibly imagine . I always wake up before I get to take a bite, too. And, no, I am not fat and I don't starve myself. LOL.

Just thought I'd share those.

edit on 11-6-2013 by texasgirl because: deleted a wrong word.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Thanks for the laugh!

The one where you are floating to the ceiling is you having an OBE. This (more than likely) isn't a dream. Next time, don't fight it. Your spirit guide may need to take you on a journey for your spiritual growth.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I dream some weird dreams that make no sense, much less trying to explain them.

I always tell my husband that they're like a real bad Quentin Tarantino/Oliver Stone movie on a low budget, or worse.
Some times 2 or 3 a night thru morning.

Leaves me with a 'WTF was that all about' feeling.....
Crazy and bizarre is all I can say about mine.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by DreamerOracle

You must be a "true warrior" at heart.

Very interesting dreams. Are you fighting some kind of battle in your waking life?

Not really.... although we do have heated debates about DIY

Just to add to my weird dreams last night I dream of the Weasleys(Harry Potter) living inside a Toadstool underground....This is my usual creative time of year where as dreams are concerned....I call them book dreams, always mixed in with the prophetic kind.

edit on 12-6-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Had a dream that when I walked out of my condo all my neighbors were outside waiting for me. I greeted them and they all started barking at me. Like 'woof woof woof woof' Now, I am a cat person so I have no idea what that means, lol.

Now that is odd and somewhat funny.

As bizarre as it seems I don't think fear plays much of a roll at all-I'll explain.

In the survival section I published some of my writings from a 9 month survival excursion I took alone about 20 years ago. I was totally alone and no one knew where I was and for the first 6 months I could have died any day if I fell down and got hurt or became ill-lots of other reasons as well. I wrote a long, long essay on fear and loneliness, as that is one of the reasons I was there to experience it firsthand, and despite all the emotions going on in my head during those seemingly endless cold and lonely nights-I never had a dream the entire time I was there-nor have I ever had a dream about it since.

As a matter of fact I really suffered during the first few months(something would be 'survivors' just don't understand) however all my memories of the excursion are positive and I don't really recall how awful it was at times. The only way I know is by my notes I took.

How could my memory be so warped-does that have anything to do with why I have never dreamed about it or had any bad dreams while I was there?

That is the big fruitloop for me. The essay-which I still haven't completely reassembled-tends to be fictional as I look at it now. That is absurd, I'm not a fiction writer, never have been or never will be.

It's like someone else wrote the damn thing.

Could that be why I have never dreamed about it?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I had a think about this when I went to sleep last night (no dreams I can recall last night), I think since the 1980's sci fi series V (though the bad lady was quite attractive in both version's) we have all whom seen that series associated alien lizard people with hamster eating monsters when in fact the vast majority of reptiles are actually herbivores and it has lodged firmly in our psyche, also we have an instinctive fear of them as they evolved before the mammals and were the main predators of mammals for longer than the dinosaur's have been dead so it is in our nature to say "Eee!" and personally I don't like snake's or crocodilians at all but an alien humanoid race with scaly skin would likely be an adaptation to environment, still they have a deep seated place in our subconscious mind's, remember the creature from the black lagoon, so fear of lizard men would be nothing new as would another form adapting something we are afraid of to it's own uses.

Though I am still not sure about Freddie Starr the English comedian whom supposedly swallowed a hamster (which if true is one cruel b*****d though he now denies it.).

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by texasgirl

Thanks for the laugh!

The one where you are floating to the ceiling is you having an OBE. This (more than likely) isn't a dream. Next time, don't fight it. Your spirit guide may need to take you on a journey for your spiritual growth.

On many occasion's I would find myself outside my own body looking back at it lying in my bed and would fight against a great force that was trying to pull me down a dark tunnel and walk back to my body, it was like walking through invisible treacle, forcing against a strong current that was trying to take me, there were ripples on the ceiling like being under water and when I touched My body I would wake up gasping for breath and flushed, on one occasion I saw my house and the rest of the town was under water but the lights were on so not normal water and above about a few hundred feet up I could see the surface from underneath.

edit on 12-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spooky24

How could my memory be so warped-does that have anything to do with why I have never dreamed about it or had any bad dreams while I was there?

Could that be why I have never dreamed about it?

Source:www.asdreams.org...

Does everyone dream?

Yes. Laboratory studies have shown that we experience our most vivid dreams during a type of sleep called Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep. During REM sleep the brain is very active, the eyes move back and forth rapidly under the lids, and the large muscles of the body are relaxed. REM sleep occurs every 90 - 100 minutes, 3 to 4 times a night, and lasts longer as the night progresses. The final REM period may last as long as 45 minutes. Less vivid dreams occur at other times during the night.

Why do people have trouble remembering their dreams?

Some people have no difficulty in remembering several dreams nightly, whereas others recall dreams only occasionally or not at all. Nearly everything that happens during sleep— including dreams, the thoughts which occur throughout the night and memories of brief awakenings—is forgotten by morning. There is something about the phenomenon of sleep itself which makes it difficult to remember what has occurred and most dreams are forgotten unless they are written down. Sometimes a dream is suddenly remembered later in the day or on another day, suggesting that the memory is not totally lost but for some reason is very hard to retrieve. Sleep and dreams also are affected by a great variety of drugs and medications, including alcohol. Further, stopping certain medications suddenly may cause nightmares. It is advisable to discuss with your physician the effect of any drugs or medications you are taking.

I'm sure that was a unique experience being all alone for such a long period of time. That probably had your mind in an altered state from what it is used to. So now when you go back to read your notes it seems foreign to you, being back in your "normal" state of mind.

You will have to make a thread about your experiences when you get your notes compiled into the story. I'm sure many of us would find it very interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

An OBE affects our brainwaves as we peek through one dimension into another. This is probably what caused the ripple affect that appeared as water during your experience.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

An out-of-body experience (OBE or sometimes OOBE) is an experience that typically involves a sensation of floating outside one's body and, in some cases, perceiving one's physical body from a place outside one's body (autoscopy). The term out-of-body experience was introduced in 1943 by George N. M. Tyrrell in his book Apparitions,[1] and was adopted by researchers such as Celia Green[2] and Robert Monroe[3] as an alternative to belief-centric labels such as "astral projection", "soul travel", or "spirit walking". The researcher Waldo Vieira described the phenomenon as a projection of consciousness.[4][5] OBEs can be induced by brain traumas, sensory deprivation, near-death experiences, dissociative and psychedelic drugs, dehydration, sleep, and electrical stimulation of the brain,[6] among others. It can also be deliberately induced by some.[7]

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The house we lived in at the time was haunted, of this I have no doubt - both good and bad, a family had all passed away there some years before and there were a number of unexplained experiences all four of us had,.
I have Never taken drug's and seldom drank, some time after this set of experiences I did suffer head injuries but a good while after not before.
I was constantly sensing a presence in that house though some were not bad most felt hostile.

Thank you for your reply, there is more than we realise but when I was fighting to return to my body it was a really terrifying experience and it really did feel like being under water though what you have told me seems to make sense, I inherited my sensitivity from my mother and once had an experience were I was asked if I would accept becoming a medium and I refused, it was like I could see in my mind a desolate rocky place like a red desert and there were many people there with wide eye's. I could go on forever as I have many more experiences but will leave it at that.

I have mentioned these as You say you have a paranormal thread so I have told you that you may cross reference if it is any good for that purpose but after experiencing these things for over half my adult life I would say to anyone else whom does not know what you do to be very careful about poking there head into this field of potentially psychologically damaging experience.

Thank you for your great thread and really intelligent reply's.
edit on 12-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You're Welcome!

I, and the other members, would love for you to come on over to my paranormal thread and share some of your experiences in detail.

And, I agree with your statement of people should not "poke their heads" in to the astral realm, as in trying to force an OBE.

I once asked a medium why I couldn't do it at will, and was told my path is here, and if I try to go where I'm not meant to, I could damage my brain. I've also read about brain damage by forcing it during my research.

I think that's probably why the evil presences are there... blocking the path of people who shouldn't venture in; scaring them back to their body.
But, as I stated earlier, there is a way to get past them, for those brave souls willing to try.

ETA: Allow me to clarify my statements, because my posts seem to be contradicting one another on this subject:

When a person finds themselves out of body, as Texasgirl did, and feels that someone is pulling her/him in, then that could be someone who needs to go to the astral plane to be shown some "lessons" for their spiritual growth. It could be the person's spirit guide doing the pulling.
But those who experience the evil presences blocking them should turn around and go back, IMO.

edit on 6/12/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm sure that was a unique experience being all alone for such a long period of time. That probably had your mind in an altered state from what it is used to. So now when you go back to read your notes it seems foreign to you, being back in your "normal" state of mind.

You will have to make a thread about your experiences when you get your notes compiled into the story. I'm sure many of us would find it very interesting.

Great answer-I never even thought about it like that.

I started posting in the survival section some of my experiences however no one is interested to find out that your going to suffer-especially at first. Person have these ideas of SHTF events, everything breaks down and they go live in the woods happily ever after. That is not how it is. Most of these hard core 'survivalist' would not make it 48 hours due to possession depression and social depravity from non interaction-not to mention any real outdoor skills. So be it. I kind of knew that as no one wants their favorite fantasy injected with any reality.

The problem with the fear and loneliness essay is that it is so long and I have trouble relating it with anything current. As you said it was quite possibly done from which my mind was in "an altered state from what it is used to". That fits very well. In some way I went into the project on all the wrong terms. Like 99.999% of the population I was not born with any natural writing ability-a God given gift if you may, that so few have and can't be taught. I. like everyone else, that includes anyone who writes for a living, for a news service, marketing in advertising or what ever occupation, or those who struggle to be a creative writer just have to keep plugging along and hope for the best.

I had the idea that I could 'scare' that ability out me-and in so many ways I did. That is why the essay is so foreign to me now and why it seems so much like fiction however I know it was all so real and death and I became very close companions-the days just before Christmas until the first week of February when the weather finally broke and I knew then I was going to make it-or better said I became determined to make it.

I wrote a great deal about dreams and reality-what I called at the time-"injection, and the interpretation, of a lonely fear into an already terminally sad state" The most brutally honest, and difficult to remember doing were done in a sordid kind of second to first person. Also, after an ice storm right after the New Year, night and day kind of merged as it was so dangerous to venture far from the cabin as ice covered everything and if I was going to die I wanted to do it in the cabin and not outside. I changed my mind later about that. As a result times, days, AM and PM are not real clear.

There are about 10 pages of descriptive terms I called a list of euphoniums

Example: drift or drifting was short period of sleep....sessions were dreams or dreamlike states. a patch was a time period...chilled was fright..abandonment and loneliness became reaching or reaching out....

" I drifted back up again after a session about the water tower we found again. Remember how it looked, like it just appeared and set foot around us-a kindly four legged shiny monster, inviting as it was to climb" Again a period of a session in which a unhappy remembrance has been replace with a short drift of unnatural joy as I have returned to my awakened misery to find a very frightening childhood memory has been replaced by a moment of triumph that I know is a falsity. Chilled beyond belief by a wonderful remembrance..."

Here, a tragic events from my childhood-trying to climb that water tower that gave me the screaming horrors for months was replaced by a loving, comforting dream about it. I was frightened, lonely and afraid at a height that was indiscernible at the time. Other that the essay and notes I have little recollection except when I see some of those old time metal towers that carry high voltage power lines-the ones that look like walking steel monsters tethered together-then I remember the dream I had.

Of the thousand or so tightly, small scripted pages over a hundred cover dream periods-that I don't remember much but I know happened. The replacement of bad events in my life with dreams of pleasant, or at least benign sessions was a constant theme that I have never been able to explain.

I don't think this has anything to do with repression....all this was along time ago and memories fade. I have never suffered from any mental disorders nor do they run in my family. The issue for me is the fact that bad memories were replaced with good remembrances which, as anyone can see by reading it, frightened me to the outermost limits of my ability to cope at the time, simply because I couldn't understand why this was happening. After the weather broke and my over all fear went down the good/bad twisting of reality stopped.

Why did it scare me so much?

edit on 13-6-2013 by spooky24 because: clarity

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I dream nearly every night. I don't take them seriously. I've read somewhere says that the interpretation of our dreams is virtually not the way we perceive. Having said that, how about when we dream about going for the loo and in the dream often we either couldn't do it or it seemed to be endless? or even sometimes we go in-and-out of loo and feeling literally awkward. Usually we interpret it as because we feel needing the loo. But according to the dream analyzer specialist it's a different thing all together.
It's very annoying because my body feels very tired in the morning even I sleep 10+ hours. Is there anyone knows how to stop it?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I had a weird dream last night.

I was in Alaska and got hired at a restaurant that was a lot like a place I used to work at. THe owner showed me around and made me wear these funky headphones, and when I put them on I got sucked into a conversation between two cooks about an omlet and what they should add to make it better. I said jalapeno and was told, no, red pepper.

Then the boss showed me around the place and in the back he had all of these strange projects he was doing to pass the time, like a big hole with a dome tent over it that he dug. He was a really weird rich guy I guess in the dream.

Anyways, I woke up after, but it was an oddball one...lol

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One of the most weirdest dreams I've had is I saw a UFO while a passenger in a car. The UFO emitted this bright green light, similar to a huge light used by helicopters to look on the ground for people/cars they are pursuing. The green light flashed on the car and through me. When it did this, the light held knowledge of every question I ever had. The secrets and workings of the universe. I literally gasped when it went through me as it was a whole body experience. I woke up almost crying for joy, but didn't know any of the information the light held. It was as if I would have to remain in the light to understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join