It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't be the only one that thinks this.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Open a thread and go through reading.
Then you start seeing the road signs.
And you think what did I miss.

Darn if I came in too late, now I can't even see what was posted.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

and yes sorry I hit the "enter" button so I had to edit and type fast.

edit on 6/9/2013 by Tankgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tankgirl

Oh, man... What did I miss?

No, you're not alone. Hell, if I like the person that posted something that got removed, I'll even give them a star. LOL

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If you are lucky, sometimes a member has quoted the offending post, and a mod misses the quote in the post.

What really sucks is when you come into a thread very late and find a removed post that has a big line of stars, and you know that you missed something pretty interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tankgirl
Open a thread and go through reading.
Then you start seeing the road signs.
And you think what did I miss.

Darn if I came in too late, now I can't even see what was posted.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

and yes sorry I hit the "enter" button so I had to edit and type fast.

edit on 6/9/2013 by Tankgirl because: (no reason given)

Yes it is gutting missing all the gritty gossip and quick humour,
But it keeps discussions on track

Duke

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Thank you Ben, another mistery solved for me, as I was always wondering for what reason some of the removed posts still getting stars.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tankgirl

It sure can make for a good cliff hanger

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ok so I'm not alone.

The other sign, the one for manners and decorum, means you missed something really good.

I was reading old threads and some of them have page after page of signs.
I only did this thread to joke around, I'm not in any way saying anything about Mods putting them up.
And sorry for using the "sign" in OP.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What you missed was T&C infractions. The ones with the stars? Probably a member of one group or the other, Dem's, Rep's religious, atheist, etc that got an insult in and their brethren starred it before it came to our attention.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I wish they would just delete those posts they are completely pointless to have there

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

yes I figured as much but still
for some reason the first thought is .... missed it
like an automatic thought
and then curiosity because now there's something "off limits"

I sometimes think I hope I don't say something stupid but now I'm thinking more like - I hope I don't type something so off I get a sign slapped on it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I wish they would just delete those posts they are completely pointless to have there

Hell! That wouldn't be any fun! Being the "Old Troll" that I am, I often think of "road signs" as being a badge of honor. LOL

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Eh, you're not missing much unless you like watching people sling mud at each other. Just the usual kind of snarkiness and jibber-jabber is all it is. Intrepid, feel free to remove this post

Personally, the 404 threads are the ones I feel left out on
Get em while they're hot!
edit on 9-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I think that would be a lot of work for them to go back and remove all those posts. There are tons.

They don't bother me.

It's just every time I see one, I start to think about what it might have said. I have to base it on the surrounding posts to see if they were rude or just a troll. Then it's just a passing thought since it's never relevant to the topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Eh, you're not missing much unless you like watching people sling mud at each other. Just the usual kind of snarkiness and jibber-jabber is all it is. Intrepid, feel free to remove this post

Personally, the 404 threads are the ones I feel left out on
Get em while they're hot!
edit on 9-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

Oh the thread graveyard.
I'd love to see all those axed threads in the 404.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
That "Off Topic" sign that they replace your post with.....Can you get one in the "Off Topic" forum like this one?

Seems that all posts in an "Off Topic" forum should not be susceptible to be classified as "Off Topic" since they have to be off topic to be in there.

Oh well, I'm getting a little too off topic I guess.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
isn't it typically like in everything, the good stuff never lasts?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I get what you're saying, but the answer is that people can and do get posts removed as "off-topic" even within the "off-topic" forums.

The reason is simple. These forums are where people can discuss issues that don't quite fit into the main, targeted-topic forums, but even so, the OP nearly always addresses a specific subject or concept and that is then the topic of the thread.

So, because your post discusses aspects of what makes something off-topic, and the OP is about off-topic removals, then your post is on topic and perfectly okay.

If a member posts here about something that has no connection to the OP, then it could be removed as off-topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

hoo-#ing-ray! someone finally says it..

it reminds me of the saying "beware the one who denies you knowledge, in their heart they dream themselves to be your master"

it's fair enough to remove an abusive or even pointless comment.. but REMOVE the #ing thing and don't leave a big JANITORS SIGN (floor mopping in progress) in its place

it's like... if i went on some voyage in the universe (such as visiting a forum) if i look out the porthole and see all these big gaping #ing holes everywhere where there were once stars.. wtf is that all about? ...at least patch them back over and repaint it black so i don't have to SEE THAT # everywhere.. that someone out there who runs the fun-park didn't want me to get all upset and had to protect me from reality..

..and that's the part that makes me all gooey and warm inside

it's like it's left there to scold you, some kind of reminder to behave
...some of us just want to look past any obstacle that's been placed along our way
gah, that's the whole zen of it.. how some can 'look past' a comment someone else deems "wrong"

edit on 10-6-2013 by UNIT76 because: dammit! the last 3 biscuits just fell out of the box.. and they were chocolate biscuits

I sometimes think I hope I don't say something stupid but now I'm thinking more like - I hope I don't type something so off I get a sign slapped on it.

hehe.. see, that's exactly what i'm rambling about

..this is the rant section isn't it? rant rant rant

edit on 10-6-2013 by UNIT76 because: ..i thought i saw that comment earlier and here it is

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

there are some technical reasons where it is simply messy to do so. (could result in more 404s on a large board).

You're not missing anything "good". Just mudslinging that violates the T&C for the most part....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Or simply "Off topic" refers to the specific thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join