It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 magnitude Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Time 2013-06-09 07:22:12 UTC-07:00
Location 25.966°S 131.976°E
Depth 1.1km

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I find this quake interesting because of its location, (right in the center of Australia) and the extremely shallow depth. Not many live in the area, so I'd imagine very little damage but with that depth you never know.

edit on 9-6-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Surely not the usual place for earthquakes S&F Things are certainly changing!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I wonder what is located nearby?
Mining or fracking?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

There also been earthquakes in poland all around the 2 to 3 mark which seem a
little odd.

There been a few other quakes in funny places like france and wales.
I've no idea why.
edit on 9/6/2013 by skuly because: if i checked my spelling i won't need to keep filling out this box

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I believe that HAARP has an installation in that general locale. I expect a disinformant to state the contrary at some stage of this thread - in direct response to this post. Also - there is a pattern to the chemtrails lately- after spraying the sky there is rainfall a couple of days later. This has happened at least the last four times I have noted the chemtrails in my area. I also note the radiating line patterns in the clouds and I always think of HAARP.

There are at least three HAARP installations in Australia - the government will tell you they are not HAARP.

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I checked the google map, =barren wasteland. Perfect place for a shallow 5.8. Might have scared a few roo's but thats it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well we do infact get quakes out that way from time to time.
I don't see how it is haarp and chem trails, it's just natural inter plate rumbles.
Here is a report of a cluster ending in a 6.1 in central Australia about the same time last year.

www.australiangeographic.com.au...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

no harrp there closest is pine gap

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I wonder what is located nearby?
Mining or fracking?

...absolutely nothing. Quite literally... nothing.
Pretty much the only thing on the border between South Australia and the Northern territory (the two states south & north of the earthquake - the thing occurred right on the border itself)...

...is a huge sign saying "WELCOME TO THE NORTHERN TERRITORY" on one side and "WELCOME TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA" on the other.

...so unless someone's been fracking the crap out of that sign, you can chalk this one up to a normal earthquake.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Okay - since when did I or anyone state the earthquake has to be right next to the HAARP installation? There are at least three HAARP installations in Australia - anyone of them could have caused an earthquake anywhere in Australia - or globally.

How HAARP works is that it generates electrical signals that you cannot see just like the electricity that flows through your home and electrical appliances. I don't understand why you think the earthquake has to be exactly where the HAARP installation is located???!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Okay - since when did I or anyone state the earthquake has to be right next to the HAARP installation?

I believe that HAARP has an installation in that general locale.

I'm sorry my friend but the only disinformation being presented here so far has been by yourself.

Pine Gap is nearby, about 300-400km away, it is a communications and spy base, there is nothing there that suggests it has anything to do with HAARP, which is in Alaska.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

There is more than one HAARP installation on this planet. If you only access government websites for your information - you will only know what the government wants you to know.

As for where an earthquake occurs - one that is HAARP generated - the installation can be one kilometre away, 100 kilometres away, 1000 kilometres away, 10,000 kilometres away....

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I'm sorry my friend but there is only one HAARP.

There are other HAARP-like facilities around the world, like EISCAT, but they would be offended if you called their facility HAARP.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
weird I never seen one happen right there before

But there is a inactive fault line running along there I think.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The last place you would expect a 5.8 quake is Australia, even so, the middle of Australia so this is unusual indeed!

Australia is sitting over a solid plate far from any subduction type faults - ones which generate 8+ quakes. So yes this is also a bit worrying and may herald something bigger!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You can believe whatever you choose. I choose to research and use my critical thinking. As for who is offended - I find it offensive that global society is not given all available information, only what the cabal/illuminati/whatever deem that society should have - that is offensive.

As for earthquakes in central Australia - where there is precious little in the manner of fault lines or even any fragmented tectonic plates - HAARP is involved.

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I gave you a star for such a succinct and intelligent response - would have given you a lot more stars if the system allowed me. Great response - thank you.

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Not really my friend. Please refer to this map showing magnitude 4+ earthquakes in Australia:

As you can see, notable earthquakes in central Australia aren't uncommon.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I'm sorry my friend but you are disturbingly uninformed.

As per the earthquake map above, there have been significant earthquakes in central Australia long before anything that remotely resembles HAARP even existed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I am not disturbingly uninformed. I am entitled to my opinion but it would seem you don't want me to have an opinion that is different to yours. I find it offensive that you resort to defaming me personally - while I - stick to the topic and state my opinion. I have not resorted to describing you in any derogatory manner and that is because I don't have to - I state my opinion due to research.

Much Peace...

new topics

<<   2 >>

join