It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

People are easily suckered. Who is Snowden? Not even a high school diploma...Sounding more and more like Julian Assange to me...huge chunks of missing time and missing history and both of them over night heroes to the people...my 455.
What is it with people these days, all hooked on Facebook and nobody bothers to look at the facts anymore, just take whats presented in a neat little package by the MSM..which the Guardian is part of by the way.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dolby_X
Ok good new folks if the news update is real the guy is alive and well

www.scmp.com...

If true, that blew my theory out of the water. Must say: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope the world treats him kindly.

edit on 6/12/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am not claiming they are. I'm raising awareness to your belief that the USA has not been the predominate force in this world that dictates how nations should treat each other.

Silly as it may be, it still illustrates, repetitively, America's Foreign Policy.

America is the big bully in the school yard, and does not fight fair. Being that bully will entail enemies both good and bad. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. So they will be bound to meet opposition from both sides.

Those who completely fight against tyranny must adapt to the nature of the game dictated by the rules set out in how the "bully" wants to play and how much the rest can take.

You can fight fire with fire, deprive it of oxygen, douse it with water, or let it consume all in its path till it burns out.

The Information war is picking up tremendous speed in eliminating and educating the ignorant, but this is only a new war with the internet. For thousands of years it was left up to the people, to the will of the people, to express when change was needed.

He could come home and feel safe in his own country if it was not for the silly fact that the USA GOVT and the ObamaBush administration and beyond held an imperative hand in punishing those they felt needed to be.

edit on 12-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: better ring

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

www.scmp.com...

It says that he revealed:

more explosive details on US surveillance targets

Can't wait!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

www.scmp.com...

from the source

"I'm neither traitor nor hero. I'm an American."

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

so far the number of people who signed the petition.

still need 38,193

which means at 20 000 a day it should hit 100 000 by Friday.

Here's Hoping

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
im assuming some think that he should have stayed in america after giving the info?...why? if he had, he would be in jail and it all would be classifed and we would never hear from him again. and it would become a non issue..at least now he has a bit of a chance to keep the story out there

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

www.scmp.com...

The site is down... (traffic?)

A link to a screenshot of the SCMP interview: img33.imageshack.us...

edit on 12-6-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
sorry info already posted.
edit on 12-6-2013 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
According to CNN, Edward recently revealed that the U.S. has been hackin computer systems from other countries all over the world for years.

He adds that when the U.S. reported that China was hacking our systems, it was a lie; we were hacking theirs.

U.S. hacked China and other computer systems around the world

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good read

Edward Snowden: how the spy story of the age leaked out

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 12-6-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is ashamed that someone has to flee the country out of fear of their own government just because they told the truth... Kinda makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Good read

Edward Snowden: how the spy story of the age leaked out

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 12-6-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

Snowden's decision to go public has mystified many. Why come out? He had, he said, seen at first hand the impact on colleagues of leak inquiries involving anonymous sources and he did not want to put his colleagues through another ordeal.

He is true blue and if you still think our government is benevolent you must be brainwashed.
I would not be surprised if they water-boarded their own employees. Let's hope not.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
He is true blue and if you still think our government is benevolent you must be brainwashed.
I would not be surprised if they water-boarded their own employees. Let's hope not.

Sure they do. Some of them, anyway. You do a SERE-C, you might as well brace for it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
some updated info on Snowden -

"People who think I made a mistake in picking Hong Kong as a location misunderstand my intentions. I am not here to hide from justice; I am here to reveal criminality," Snowden told the paper.

"I have had many opportunities to flee Hong Kong, but I would rather stay and fight the United States government in the courts, because I have faith in Hong Kong's rule of law," he added.

"I heard today from a reliable source that the United States government is trying to bully the Hong Kong government into extraditing me before the local government can learn of this [the U.S. National Security Agency hacking people in Hong Kong]," Snowden said. "The U.S. government will do anything to prevent me from getting this into the public eye, which is why they are pushing so hard for extradition."

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 12-6-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What I don't get, is why are being spoon fed, yet again...If Snowden has lots more info to spill, he could have spilt it in one dump. This makes no sense to me, other than perhaps it sells newspapers, you know, to have a cliff hanger to tune in for.
If he has something massive and earth shattering to say he would have said it already...the US gov spying on everyone is not new as others have pointed out...This "leak" has put it back in the news for a day or two but in the big scheme of things it's another wikileaks drip drip drip..of things we either knew already or pretty much had a good idea about.
I call BS on the guy. I have a leaky bathroom floor, when i shower, it leaks through the kitchen roof, drip, drip, drip..It ends up making a small puddle that is easily mopped up.

Therefore this looks like a distraction, then again if I don't fix that leaky roof, it could soften the plaster and rot the wood, and I guess it could all fall down around my ears...but I highly doubt it.
edit on 12-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I would like to say the people of Hong Kong support Edward Snowden. There will ba a rally this Saturday in HK and I will be there.

www.supportsnowden.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by damefool

Glad to hear that he has your countrymen’s support! Please let us know how the rally goes. It looks like a big event with speakers. Thank you and all his supporters for the compassion you extend to him.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
From my perspective this guy is a moron. Good job, good money, pretty girlfriend living in paradise. So you have to listen to peoples phone calls, big deal. How is it surprising that the us government listens in on suspected terrorist or anti government persons phone calls. We all know this was more than likely going on. Anybody seen Enemy of the State with Will Smith? Now this guy is telling China we hack them. DUHHH! They hack us too. Guy is a traitor. Yes this country does some corrupt stuff. Some is to insure we are safe to go about our ignorant to the truth lives.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by damefool

Wow, that's awesome. Please keep us posted. I'll be there in spirit.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join