It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Is what he said true, or not?

If those other things are true, let's see the evidence and many views will change accordingly.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa

Originally posted by ProfessorT
Edward Snowden is NOT an American hero. I sincerely hope the security services start extradition proceedings and take him back to the US where he can be placed in front of a judge to answer for his actions. The leak of the information to The Guardian was reckless and Mr Snowden should never have breached national security. PRISM is in place for the right reasons - to protect people.

Ditto.... Mr. Snowden is in line for the death penalty IMO......breaching national security on a level this large calls for the strictest penalty possible. EVERYBODY (myself included) who has a Top Secret clearance signs a non-disclosure agreement that states the penalties you face..... he has made his own bed, now he has to lay in it.

So you admit to being in line with the parties who have destroyed the US Constitution, and have all of us targeted as enemies/people of interest?

We'll see how much your federal clearance is worth when this country goes to hell in a handbasket. I'd hope for your sake you don't find yourself swinging from a lamppost.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Starred, Flagged and a reply... If nothing else because this thread HAS to be seen by everybody, and I mean everybody.
I do wonder how once this information really gets out there, the public would have to address this in order to have the most chance of stopping this monster (More riots is it?)

I sincerely hope they don't get to Edward Snowden though, because I think he just became my new personal hero.

- Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
People need Whistleblowers
Unbridled Power breeds Corruption
Whistleblowers just put a regulation of the power.

Glass walls can't hide Fecal Matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Every would be terrorist now knows beyond a shadow of a doubt which social media to avoid to escape early detection.
Many innocent people will be hurt because of his criminal actions, that is the opposite of a hero and no better than a brainwashed suicide bomber.

They need to dig for evidence of this guys ideology, and I am sure it will come out in his trial.

The only people butthurt over this are the legions of idiots who post their personal lives on social media. It's not a diary, its like a supermarket bulletin board. So don't post how much you hate your boss or what you did to the neighbors cat and everything will be alright.

Any terrorist worth his salt wouldn't use social media ANYWAY. Nor would they use tapped lines!!

Wake up!!! You are viewed as an ENEMY by your own government and you have done nothing to warrant that label! You're either naive, or drunk with madness!!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Could someone please be a dear and summarize the thread in like, one or two sentances?

Im not really up to reading the 16 pages just to find out what has been said or if it even was interesting..
only if someone feels like it ofc; an open request.

thanks.
edit on 10-6-2013 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alienDNA

The devil is in the details.

I would get your reading glasses on if I were you.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison

Is what he said true, or not?

If those other things are true, let's see the evidence and many views will change accordingly.

Which is why he needs to be extradited and processed by the letter of the law, have a trial and so on. Not some kneejerk pardon while he hides under the thumb of a foreign power. He is already quoted as saying the Chinese are not the enemy. Pretty sure the Intel community doesn't want people working for them who are predisposed to support foreign powers.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The American people need to get ON RECORD about how they feel about whistleblowers.

In my opinion whistleblowers should be granted ABSOLUTE asylum and amnesty by THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Forget what Congress says, forget what the Administration says, forget what the Supreme Court says.

If you value your freedom and you don’t think the government should be eavesdropping on us, or talking away our civil liberties, rights, press, guns, etc, then we all need to stand up en-mass and let the government know that if they want the whistleblowers they are going to have to go thru us to get them. And to the whistleblowers of the world we need to let them know we stand with them.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alienDNA

Government has been mining (saving) recording all our communications illegally (though they are justified (?) by the Patriot Act.

A guy named Snowden confirmed it.

So now we have folks bashing Snowden, and folks supporting Snowden . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

and all the while the government is recording this very conversation I am having with you.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa

Ditto.... Mr. Snowden is in line for the death penalty IMO......breaching national security on a level this large calls for the strictest penalty possible. EVERYBODY (myself included) who has a Top Secret clearance signs a non-disclosure agreement that states the penalties you face..... he has made his own bed, now he has to lay in it.

So if yous see something illegal and basicaly treason then you have to keep quiet?

You know thats how the NAZI gained and kept there power? By people refusing to go againt there goverments illegal actions.
edit on 10-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's right, beez!

That is the bigger picture.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

How do we know he hasn't been leaking sensitive stuff to the Chinese for years and this is his way out because they were on to him?

He just outed the specific branch of the worlds most powerful intelligence aparatus, that is focused on nothing else but targeting and scrutinizing peoples lives. You think they might have drilled down on the guy that just screwed them over?...just a little?

They know how often he goes to the bathroom and the brand of underwear he wears. If he even had a FB Friend with a Chinese sounding name, it would have hit the press already.

He answers your question in the interview BTW...

edit on 10-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

You would be decidedly in the minority on this subject. Here's hoping the IRS, EPA, NSA, CIA, FBI etc all train their beady little eyes on you so you can get a clue what's at stake here.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I suppose it all comes down to how you define an enemy.

Seems like we are awfully cozy with the Chinese, considering they are such a threat to national security and all.

link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
So you admit to being in line with the parties who have destroyed the US Constitution, and have all of us targeted as enemies/people of interest?

We'll see how much your federal clearance is worth when this country goes to hell in a handbasket. I'd hope for your sake you don't find yourself swinging from a lamppost.

Right I see...Sign an NDA as part of your clearance process but break it later and face no consequences. Let me know how that works out. I had to sign an NDA at my current job and would expect to be fired or worse depending on what I talked about.

In my opinion Snowden is a hero that broke the law. As such he should receive the public's accolades and appreciation for taking the risk he did while accepting that their will be legal consequences for what he did and by running to China he obviously knows their will be consequences.

edit on 10-6-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by beezzer

That's right, beez!

That is the bigger picture.

I've said it before in this thread, Snowden has only confirmed what Obama admitted to last week.

The whole lot of pols in DC are dirty. Any politician that still backs the Patriot Act after this (R or D) is liable for treason in my book.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yep!

And we need as many people as we possibly can on damage control to divert our attention from what's really going on here, don't we?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It just occured to me...FB, Google, Apple etc. have issued hedged and vague public statements as to if/how they have given government access to thier servers etc.

Has anyone asked ATS and SO to make a statement to members as to whether or not they volountarily share thier membership data etc.?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by supremecommander

Right I see...Sign an NDA as part of your clearance process but break it later and face no consequences. Let me know how that works out. I had to sign an NDA at my current job and would expect to be fired or worse depending on what I talked about.

In my opinion Snowden is a hero that broke the law. As such he should receive the public's accolades and appreciation for taking the risk he did while accepting that their will be legal consequences for what he did and by running to China he obviously knows their will be consequences.

edit on 10-6-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

A hero doesn't abide by the laws of tyrants and criminals.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join