It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by butcherguy
Even more, he had the Top Secret information that one gets only if you work at the NSA.
Plus, I don't think the government would be spouting off about how they want to extradite him if he is a fake.

Sure they would. Depends on the scam they were running, if they were.

If he doesn't show up anywhere or in the wrong wheres, it would be interesting.

More info on a wiki page made for him than in the news. Says he left the hotel where he was staying and was advised he should leave the region or face extradition. Link

So where has he gone? And actually, why didn't the CIA grab him at the hotel? This is going to be interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
They portrayed him as a high school drop out who failed in the military, couldnt cut it as an NSA security guard or CIA computer security analyst and only worked for B.A.H. for a few months prior to him releasing this info.
CNN usually reruns its loop every 30/60 minutes im sure if you watch you will see what im talking about.

Ahh haaa!!!

This added to the Ron Paul donation bombshell, and we got the full picture here.

He worked for a side contractor, not the big cheese govt. Was inept and unqualified for the real big cheese jobs....now we know why and his inability to handle classified material only justifies the failings he had trying to work in govt.

He will get everything coming to him that he agreed to when he signed the documents to get his job.

These idealist Ron Pauler types are not gonna save the world. They only make it more dangerous.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The just reported on FOX that there are 1.4 million people with access to top secret info.

That is a crazy number.

Also, was in the Army, wasn't?
Doesn't matter much, does it?

As Gazrok just said, "attack the info, not the person."

Apologies, by the way. I was starting to get heated.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

A patriot of the highest order. He did this not out of animosity toward the United States of America, but out of love for it, and he has risked everything for that.

The politicians in DC report to us, the people. They fear the voting booth, as is evidenced by the daily pandering. The public should let them know loud and clear how we feel....and we should have Edward Snowden's back. The only reason he hasn't been snatched and put on a plane to Virginia, is because the Powers in DC are waiting to see if the public will stomache it. Tell them no.

A petition has started on the WH Website to pardon Edward Snowden.

Why I like it? It doesn't absolve leakers et al. Some leaks cost lives and are without merit or justification.
It acknowledges the illegality of his actions and leaves the door open to prosecutions of leakers who leak out of malicious intent to harm the USA. It simply pardons a specific individual for this particular leak.

The Pardon:
petitions.whitehouse.gov...

It is time to ask ourselves the big questions about what we want America to be, now and for our children

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The Guardian vetted him. They referenced his CIA and NSA identifications in the one article that I read...

I've seen news organizations bite on this sort of thing before. Jesse Macbeth and that guy that Slate was idolizing come to mind.

I'm not saying the guy's not the real thing. It could be real. Some of the statements sound a bit off but not a lot. I'm still waffling over whether to look him up. Part of me is curious, and part says it's a career altering move to try dumping his DOD or clearance info.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Rep. King from New York is acting like a man who was caught cheating and is mad at his wife for snooping around/catching him...

If the Govt. wants to lose ALL trust, which I'm sure they already have, they should keep going down the road they're going down...

My question I pose to all on here is, how does the Govt. win our trust back? Can you ever trust them again? Will you ever trust them again? Has too much damage been done already?

I just can't picture a scenario where I trust them again... I feel that politicians come in good people who want to make a difference, but they're all corrupted eventually, and they know if they want to have a career as a US politician they need to PLAY THE GAME or they will be a one term rep...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The Guardian vetted him. They referenced his CIA and NSA identifications in the one article that I read...

I've seen news organizations bite on this sort of thing before. Jesse Macbeth and that guy that Slate was idolizing come to mind.

I'm not saying the guy's not the real thing. It could be real.

Just an FYI - The gov agencies from the POTUS to the head of the Intelligence have commented and not disputed the documents. This guy is the real deal.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Just an FYI - The gov agencies from the POTUS to the head of the Intelligence have commented and not disputed the documents. This guy is the real deal.

The problem is, that would be the same if it were a scam the gubmint was running on you, though.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I never have trusted them, never will. Read, evaluate, decide. That's how I determine the worthiness of anything. A little shocking information though is if we know they know this much, how much more do they know that we don't know they know. And that sounded confusing even in my head. Basically, at this point we know they are listening, reading etc. But to what extent? Are they deep in medical records? Are they to the point were they are gathering biometrics on a daily basis? How much do they have or know on each person individually?

I noticed on social media, there is not only a lot of support for Snowden, but also a large amount of snide remarks about him, trying to paint him as an idiot and so on and so forth.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Rep. King from New York is acting like a man who was caught cheating and is mad at his wife for snooping around/catching him...

If the Govt. wants to lose ALL trust, which I'm sure they already have, they should keep going down the road they're going down...

My question I pose to all on here is, how does the Govt. win our trust back? Can you ever trust them again? Will you ever trust them again? Has too much damage been done already?

I just can't picture a scenario where I trust them again... I feel that politicians come in good people who want to make a difference, but they're all corrupted eventually, and they know if they want to have a career as a US politician they need to PLAY THE GAME or they will be a one term rep...

Aren't the FEMA camps for those that express their distrust for the government?
Maybe this is being used to draw everyone out into the open. Liberals and conservatives alike too.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press
www.dailymail.co.uk... ocuments-press.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Editor-at-large of The Atlantic Steve Clemons tweeted the 'disturbing' discussion after overhearing it at Washington's Dulles airport on Saturday

Clemons said they were loud almost boasting. He took low quality pictures of the men, one wearing and knit shirt counter intelligence shirt. They stated not only Snowden, but Guardian reporter Glenn Greenwald, who broke the story, should be 'disappeared'.

IMO they all need to be standing in the unemployment line.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ocuments-press.html#ixzz2VpSrzFjy

AND

He has checked out of his hotel in Hong Kong.

Edward Snowden faces strong extradition treaty if he remains in Hong Kong

In an e-mail to a Washington Post reporter on May 24, he said he would consider applying for asylum in Iceland or some other country “with strong internet and press freedoms,” although “the strength of the reaction” to the leaked information “will determine how choosy I can be.”

you can link to story without Wa Po login at: www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

The problem is, that would be the same if it were a scam the gubmint was running on you, though.

Exactly. It was a PP doc that is not really compromising anything. If this guy had a real smoking gun, it would be a specific incident that he had records of where the gov't was playing fast and loose. Something he had first hand knowledge of where he could provide proof. This PDF was an agency flier for lack of a better comparison. Until I see something like that, I'm on the fence about this whole episode.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The use of PRISM would have undoubtedly prevented serious crimes from taking place.

Regardless, it is STILL unconstitutional as hell.

Agreed! Putting a microphone chip in everyones forearm could help prevent terrorism also. Hey why not, if it would prevent one terrorist attack every 4 years, it would be worth it. You can rationalize anything but it doesn't make it legal.

I voted for Romney. Now look at what we ended up with and you can see why I voted for him...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
They portrayed him as a high school drop out who failed in the military, couldnt cut it as an NSA security guard or CIA computer security analyst and only worked for B.A.H. for a few months prior to him releasing this info.
CNN usually reruns its loop every 30/60 minutes im sure if you watch you will see what im talking about.

Ahh haaa!!!

This added to the Ron Paul donation bombshell, and we got the full picture here.

He worked for a side contractor, not the big cheese govt. Was inept and unqualified for the real big cheese jobs....now we know why and his inability to handle classified material only justifies the failings he had trying to work in govt.

He will get everything coming to him that he agreed to when he signed the documents to get his job.

i think you misunderstood my comments, my distrust for the corporate owned media/govt. leads to believe that the media/govt. are the ones with the fishy story, using portions of this guys history to make him look ..."unstable"

if he was such a bad guy why would the NSA and then the CIA give him any clearance/access at all, the only reasonable assumption i will make is that they are covering thier asses here. Why focus so much on the messenger...to avoid the message.

These idealist Ron Pauler types are not gonna save the world. They only make it more dangerous.

i think you need to take a good long look at my avatar...
these "idealist ron pauler types" are NOT the ones making the world more dangerous!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
FYI - This is where they are storing data

a freshly constructed one million square-foot, $1.9 billion facility in the Utah Valley is now under question. Called the Utah Data Center, construction is expected to be finished by October.

www.catholic.org...

Good pics of the facility here...
LINK

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yes, it's technically working for the NSA. But again, it's a summer program for kids, not a field SIGINT collection job. You do intern work. You do not get clearances.

Were you employed in a summer job capacity as a high school student by the NSA? You obviously didn't look fully at the qualifications for the program on the NSA page as it clearly states that one must be eligible for a security clearance.

It doesn't chafe me, it is atypical and thus interesting in this circumstance.

Not everyone is Skunk Baxter. There are some, but they're few enough that when you see someone claiming to be one, it'll be worth checking into.

If the guy never was in the Army, or wasn't posted where he needs to have been for SF, what then?

He's already been vetted by both the Guardian and the Washington Post. His employer, Booz Allen Hamilton, has also confirmed that he is in their employ. Then there are the extradition talks that are taking place between the US and Hong Kong...Consider that the DoJ is pursuing Snowden, I'd say he's pretty legit.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

They also have 30 facilities in and around Washington for the same purpose. Total size of the facilities is larger than the Pentagon three times over.
According to FOX.

ETA: 30 facilities constructed since 9/11/2001
edit on 10-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

IMO they all need to be standing in the unemployment line.

Unemployment? How about they get rounded up, and pushed towards the end result for being treasonous bastards?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I seen an interesting interview with the journalist from The Guardian this morning. He warned that the U.S Government would try to dig up some dirt on this guy to try to discredit him, but he felt that there wasn't much to dig up. I think it's clear to see when CNN are running reports of this guys few failings that they are desperately grasping at straws.

He's not a hero, but he is one decent human being who has exposed the lengths the U.S Government has gone in the phony war on Terror. It's your privacy and liberties being eroded fighting these Terrorists. The very same Terrorists being armed in Syria, in the name of freedom. It's BS people, pure and simple!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Thanks for clarifying that - I didn't read the article carefully enough. Greenwald seems like a stand up guy as well.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join