It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I've had a Facebook account for about 5 or 6 months now I got it to keep up with friends, and family. Of course it wasn't long before I turned it into a hub for getting conspiracy theories to my friends, and family.

I went on Facebook today to look for a post I'd make about 3 weeks ago,I made some comments in the comment section on a article in that post I wanted to see how the discussion went.

The first thing I noticed when I logged on was that all the government eavesdropping posts I'd made were gone.
Now this didn't throw up any red flags for me because it had been a little over a week since I was last on,I just figured maybe they didn't upload.

I go into my older posts to search for the above mentioned post, and I realize that all my government posts are gone all that's left are your regular hi how are you posts, and posts that I was tagged in (I'm pretty sure tagged is the right analogy) and some more far fetched conspiracies, but everything on the AP scandals, and government spying are gone.

Is it normal for posts to delete after a certain amount of time? That's my first thought, but it seems suspicious that only the proven theories have disappeared.

I know I haven't over looked them because I remember some of the posts before, and after them, and they're still there. Now I have a horrible memory so there are probable posts that had nothing to do with conspiracies missing as well, and I just forgot about them.

So, how about it ATS is this normal?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

I don't use FaceBook for allot of reasons so I can't say for sure.

But, it does sound like a Violation of TOC issue.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you click on your name ( top right) it should show you EVERYTHING you have ever DONE on FB going back years in some cases. It does take a moment to load as you scroll down but it should be there.

Otherwise... i would not be surprised if they where flagged/deleted.

But you could always write to them and ask to get them back ( that's a joke, because you will never get a response from them).

You could, like I am thinking of doing, DELETE the account.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindpurelyMind

You could, like I am thinking of doing, DELETE the account.

Delete a FB account? Good luck with that.

As far as I know it's not even possible. But if you do find a way...share.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
deletefacebook.com...

There's a direct link to delete instead of deactivate. You may want to go to your activity log and delete all the individual posts, comments, etc individually...then delete all your photos individually....then delete the account.

I deleted mine a couple weeks ago for the very reasons the op is citing. Eff Facebook!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sounds like they are censoring what you say to your freinds, or what others can see you have said to your freinds.

Facebook is a huge intel gathering apparatus and now, by the sound of it, information control. For those dumb enough to not see for what it is, it's the best social media site in the world.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Sounds like they are censoring what you say to your freinds, or what others can see you have said to your freinds.

Facebook is a huge intel gathering apparatus and now, by the sound of it, information control. For those dumb enough to not see for what it is, it's the best social media site in the world.

I may not be smart, but i like to think that I have common sense

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MindpurelyMind

I went to the older posts, and that's when I noticed the posts missing, and there are posts I know are older still there.

I was thinking maybe they just automatically delete after a certain time, but that doesn't explain the older posts still being there.

As for being flagged,I have nieces, and nephews (who are to young to be on the internet) on there so I don't use foul language. Not to mention I can't imagine anyone on my Facebook not just coming to me if they had a problem with a post I made.

Also wouldn't I get a massage from Facebook if they delete a post?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well yes, it's def strange, conspiracy? not sure. But we are talking about FB.

P.S. I swear on FB, all the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not a Facebook conspiracy but someone didn't like your posts and flagged them and got them deleted. All my posts about the new NSA data center in Utah and the details on it and PRISM are all still there, and I posted them over 18 months ago. Even my posts directly accusing Facebook of really being FaCIAbook are still there going back 5 or more years.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MindpurelyMind

I agree,Ithink there must be something else I can't imagine my posts being of any threat, but I figured someone on ATS would have an answer are would like to discuss something like this happening to them.

I made a new status explaining that I won't be censored by FBI, NSA, our DOJ just in the off chance that they're behind it, you never know...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

It's funny you said that one of my posts about Facebook is still there as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

None of my posts have been deleted, less the one's I deleted voluntarily. I posted a ton of information on the new data center in Utah including some very specific information on their computing center where the supercomputers and data storage are handled and stored. I even have a sanitized blue print of the "data room" up that shows the scope of the size and power being used, it does have specific information removed for security reasons. Their new setup makes NASA look like they're running a netbook. But none of them were removed, censored, edited, etc. I'm thinking someone on your friend's list or something similar flagged your posts and managed to get them deleted. Now it doesn't mean they don't agree with what you say, they very well could be having a little laugh at your expense. If they know you're into conspiracies they may have had them deleted to screw with you a bit, I do it to friends all the time and it's rather amusing watching them run around claiming the sky is falling.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

None of my posts are that detailed.

I keep them short, and to the point so not to bore anyone before they get the ideal.

I like your point I don't know why that didn't occur to me. Now I have to launch an investigation to find out who, if that turns out to be the truth I'm so getting them back!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I have been on FB since '09, and have kept up with all the changes and how things work. From what I understand, the Timeline doesn't necessarily keep everything you post right there in view on your page. It chooses what to highlight. To see everything you have posted, go to your timeline or profile page. At the bottom right of your big cover photo, click ACTIVITY LOG. All your posts, comments, likes and everything else are listed there. You can narrow down to a category using the column on the left. If you don't see it there, it must have been removed by the Facebook gods.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I never used Facebook before 18 months ago and then I only opened an account so that I could keep in touch with friends and family and post pics when I first moved from FL to North Dakota. Like the OP I eventually ended up using it to discuss some conspiracy information and political information from time to time. Then once my wife and children moved up here about 4 months after I had came here I stopped using it so much to stay in touch with them and more for discussing political and conspiracy subjects with some extended family and friends and for networking with some organizations I am involved in.

About 8 months ago I was having an ongoing discussion with a couple of my cousins and my wifes uncle about the Libya conflict and the Benghazi scandal and posted some comments about Obama and Hillary being liars regarding the scandal. I also went on the White House FB page and spoke my mind in a post about the Benghazi scandal that were directed to Obama. Well I had to go to the other side of the state to do some work at a rig site and was gone for about 5 days and when I came home and tried to log into my FB account I couldn't because it was closed.

The way I see it they did me a favor and I haven't been back on that site since. I still communicate with my family and friends with email, and if it's someone that I want to discuss issues that we want to keep private then we use alternate means. I am sure that our alternate means are not 100% secure since the NSA has way more tricks up their sleeve than I do and way more man power but at least we know that it is way more secure than FB.

My advice is don't use FB or Google, if you need to look up something that you want to remain somewhat secure use Tor Browser, even though Im not sure if it's 100% anonymous and secure anymore and if you want to purchase something anonymously use Bitcoin. If you want to use email then encrypt your email, or set up a pre-agreed code system that you can use.

In light of the recent information of data and information gathering it is going to become increasingly difficult to have secure privacy unless you interact face to face.

top topics

join