It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War nessessary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
With all the current argument regarding the Gulf wars, and even some talk of looming world wars if the US plans to attack the more technically adept nations in the 'axis of evil' it makes you wonder whether or not war is actually nessessary.

I hold the belief that the only effective way to defend against a relentless force is to attack relentlessly with military action. This creates a paradox where both sides are locked in battle.

Some wars have raged in various forms since the beginning of recorded history (Isreal and surrounding areas for example).

Physical conflict is something that has been im-bred into our instincts over the 35 odd thousand years humans have walked the earth in our current form (and even further back in previous evolutionary lines). But are there alternatives? Of course. Studies found that modern sport (particularly team ball sports) have roots laid out in battle.

But is this substitute for war really enough for our primevil instincts? Obviously not, can anyone tell me a time where there is recorded evidence of 7 days without a war on Earth?

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I am open to comments and additions.
Thankyou.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No man want's to be dominated. The aggressor is always to blame for war.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
But is there any real hope for peace? We are a species forever at war. It seems to be in our blood. In a way it is in our blood, our heritage. Religion seems to be playing a massive part in wars.

join