It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam's Lie: "There Is No Compulsion In Religion" (2:256)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by logical7

Jizyah simply is a protection tax unless you want non muslims to be freeloaders in an islamic state.

A "protection tax"? Commonly known as EXTORTION by THUGS. Pay us or we will kill you. Or rather PAY US TO LET YOU LIVE AND BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT. Nothing TOLERANT about that.

its not EXTORTION!!!
A muslim is obliged by faith to serve in the army. A non-muslim cannot be forced to do something like that and has an option to pay jizyah or just serve like muslims do. Jizyah is also applicable only on adult males and not on women,children or the old. A jizyah paying citizen also gets all the benifits of state welfare especially in old age or during illness etc.
Its also commanded that if someone is unable to pay it then just let it go and not put the non-muslim under stress by demanding it continuously.
Here's a story of Umar r.a.

The Caliph 'Umar, on seeing an old Jew
begging, brought him to his house. He
gave him some cash and ordered the
treasury officer that such people who
could not earn their living should be
granted stipends from the public treasury. Once, seeing some non-
Muslim lepers on his way back from a
journey, he issued orders that they
should be provided maintenance from
the State funds. In a letter addressed to Adi ibn Artah,
'Umar ibn 'Abd al-'Aziz wrote: "Be kind
towards dhimmis. If you find some of
them old or helpless, give
maintenance to them".

edit on 15-6-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

A muslim is obliged by faith to serve in the army.

What in the hell does FAITH have to do with being a SOLDIER?

No, thank you.

Another reason not to want Islam as the "one global religion." The armed forces of the US are volunteer - people are PAID to be IN THEM - and get benefits from it (or used to), plus Veterans Affairs takes care of them for life - another branch of the military/government.

I object to the way they use youth to kill others, and how they damage the thinking and ability to live a "normal" life.

I've seen videos of the preschoolers (little kids) dressed in fatigues and learning how to carry guns in Palestine and shouting "Death to Israel!". Sickening.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
its not EXTORTION!!!

Of course it is.
A person has to pay protection money because he/she doesn't buy into Islam ... that's a shake down. And it's more proof that the only fair law is secular rule of law. No one is held higher or lower than anyone else based on their religious beliefs. People aren't treated any different based on religious beliefs. Society is even keeled.

Again .. more proof of what the OP posted. There is compulsion in Islam.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

A person has to pay protection money because he/she doesn't buy into Islam ...

No, a person has to pay because he/she cannot be obliged to pay 2.5% annual savings as zakat and he cannot be asked to join the muslim army. Btw for wildtimes the soldier do get salary etc, they don't fight for free and they don't always fight but even during a need the non muslims cannot be compelled to fight with their lives to protect the muslim state.

And it's more proof that the only fair law is secular rule of law.

you mean if a group refuses to pays income tax, service tax, entertainment tax, value added tax etc etc he/she would be left alone?

The only thing jizyah proves is that the the religious duties of charity and being ready to fight to defend the muslim state are not imposed on non muslims,
however jizyah is taken so that they do contribute towards the state and don't get everything free otherwise it would be injustice to the muslims who pay zakat and fight to keep the state safe and the non-muslims get "a free lunch"!!
Then the non-muslims will flock to the Muslim state and soon the state wouldn't have enough to take care of all due to increasing seekers of "free welfare"

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Then the non-muslims will flock to the Muslim state ..... "

Duuuuuude ... not gunna' happen.
Thats delusional. Free people are not going to go running to live under Sharia or Muslim law. We aren't going to give up our freedom of religion .. freedom of speech ... freedom to wear whatever clothing we wish ... freedom to have a barbie doll or a squirt gun (outlawed in Iran) .... we aren't going to go dodging 'morals police' (Iran) .... we aren't going to hand our children over to the muslims to have their hands chopped off if they steal a piece of bubble gum from the store .... we want to be able to have a bible or a rosary (outlawed to bring into Saudi Arabia) .... etc etc

No one is going to 'flock to the Muslim state'. Not a chance.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No one is going to 'flock to the Muslim state'.

i actually appreciate that! As nobody wants people who have Jesus' pbuh name on lips while they are busy hoarding worldly goods and yet convinced that Jesus pbuh is going to take them in heaven when they fail to follow any of his teachings(many did in the past and some still do and i hope you are among them FF and Qur'an promises these people paradise too.

Btw, i am not interested in useless snapping at each other. It feels shallow, sometimes fun but for now its enough.
Do you have any real point other that you want to discuss?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

As nobody wants people who have Jesus' pbuh name on lips while they are busy hoarding worldly goods and yet convinced that Jesus pbuh is going to take them in heaven when they fail to follow any of his teachings

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.

Btw, i am not interested in useless snapping at each other. It feels shallow, sometimes fun but for now its enough.

Yes, it is 'enough.' We've exhausted the "fun" part of this debate.
If I were a mod you would get APPLAUSE!!!! right now.

That was an excellent post.

Thank you, logical7, for showing us your less confident, human side.
NONE OF US know the answers, man. Not one of us. The whole point is to care about one another, and try to figure it out with a collective effort. I'm sorry for having to push you so far....but I think that you actually have arrived now at a point from which we can REALLY, HONESTLY communicate.

I still wish you all the best. Let's continue to try to build this bridge, eh?????

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by mideast

You can read my post and thread history if you want to get better acquainted with me.
I spent the winter discussing the problems with Christian interpretations and denominations. Now it is spring, the Middle East is exploding (still, only more so), Dominionist Christians are foaming at the mouth for "war" to defend Israel, and I'm trying to find a balance.

My opinion at this point remains: RELIGION CAUSES MORE HARM THAN GOOD.

Thanks for details.

You want peace , but peace is not available at every cost. Some times people are bloodthirsty and you can not do much about it.

You wonder why they are here ? you should see that they have been walking this path for years.They have been letting themselves be manipulated , and now they are ready to fire.

The question is where were you when these people were getting their brains washed ? Where were I ?

Stopping the flood is sometimes impossible.(Only if you think it is flood)

IMO . live your life and try to dig for the truth deeper and deeper.

That is always available.

MHO.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think it is more important what (self-proclaimed) muslims believe than what is in the Quran, because that is open to intepretation. And their actual beliefs do not paint a pretty picture. Death penalty for apostasy are widely supported, with hundreds of millions of muslims in its favor:

Clicky (page 47)

Clicky

A tree is known by its fruit..
edit on 16/6/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

The question is where were you when these people were getting their brains washed ?

Uh, minding my own business, being a responsible citizen and raising two children.

Where were [you]?
(tiny English hint: Where 'was I', or where 'were we/he/she/they'
Appreciate your efforts, though.)

Where were you?
I haven't the slightest idea. It was none of my business. I'm rather non-plussed that now it has to be my business and I dont' like looking over my shoulder constantly - but I would be stupid and naive not to. Now it's everybody's business what ANY of us is doing.

For that I blame the internet, while at the same time I credit the internet for providing a global speak-easy.
It was easier to just go along day to day before we began being exposed to world-wide events in the way we are now.
It's especially troubling that the youth have open access to it without the necessary 'life experience' and 'step by step' education to know how to manage such complicated issues.

edit on 16-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks for the fundamental point of EN.

I think you and many western people are trying to solve many of the problems that Muslims have been having for years.

Like I said before , they have slayed their 3rd Imam , the nephew of Muhammad pbuh , and his sons , even 6month old son was slayed thirsty.

So , there is no doubt that Muslims have real issues. But , the western solution is not a solution.

West is now helping the sect they have created (wahhabi) and at the same the same they point them as enemies.

They do like to make this worse to help them justify their presence in the region.

And at the same time , you and others claim they want peace in the region.

Peace is not going to happen as well as the fire won't be extinguished as long as you put fuel in it.

Old members of tribes , the respected clerics can solve this issue by asking both sides to forgive and forget all the losses.

No other way will help because it is not how it works here.

Maybe force and threatening work for sometime , like what Saddam did. But it is not going to last much.

+ Keeping these people uneducated and brainwashed is not going to help , neither.

I know how Iraqi and Afghans are exposed to western media.

Others who want to find another way , mostly came to get into extremist groups.

West should look for some change in these countries. But like I said , west likes them the way that they are.

Uneducated and easily manipulated , looking for feeding two holes , stupid owners of the richest resources on the planet. That is what west us all middle eastern to be. The stupid killers who want some body to look for them.

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Islam is by it's very nature a violent religion that intends on dominating the world by the edge of the sword. Abrogation has all but eliminated any love or peace you may have thought to find in it. If you are not a muslim you are an infidel and an enemy to be lied to, deceived, ambushed against, and made war with and killed.

If Islam has been stopped in that goal such as in India it is because of rigorous resistance to it and rejection of it.

The western nations are stupid because they believe all the "religion of peace" song and dance the religion of Islam feeds to those they are deceiving and plotting to overthrow.

I've read the Quran. It's a book of war, blood, and death. btw, I like the OP's pics showing the reality of it all.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
One other thing, in this war that Islam is fighting with itself in Syria, I would give weapons to both sides and let them at it, or as Sarah Palin said "let allah sort it all out." As long as they're doing what they know to do best which is to fight and kill, and they're doing it to each other, they're not doing it to us.

It's a war between the Shia and the Sunni which are two distinct forms of Islam. Look, and see what they do. Learn from them. Be thoughtful as to their expectations for dominance and power over those that they hate. In this case, it's each others sect of the same religion of peace. For what they now do to each other is what is commanded that they should do to the infidels. And the infidels are those who are not muslim as the quran has stated.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

you seem to be pretty educated on islam, under what sheikh you studied?
Sheikh Internet(anti-islamic sites)?

Try interacting with muslims around you.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7[/i
Sheikh Internet(anti-islamic sites)?.

you seem to be pretty educated on Christianity, under what priest did you study?
Father Internet (anti-west/pro-Sharia sites)???

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Peace is not going to happen as well as the fire won't be extinguished as long as you put fuel in it.

Old members of tribes , the respected clerics can solve this issue by asking both sides to forgive and forget all the losses.

Then they had best GET ON WITH IT!!

Why are they not doing so?
People are tired of the incessant fighting. People EVERYWHERE, except the psychopathic blood-thirsty war lords.
HOW MANY PEOPLE have to DIE before the clerics step up and say "Stop it!" ????

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I have friends who are, or should I say were good muslims, lived in Iraq, and did what the Mullahs told them. But they are now all Christians. Through them I've known other muslims who are not converted and have openly discussed Isa (Jesus) with them. It is they who warned me that the best thing I could do is to never allow trust for those of the religion of peace.

I desired to know why seeing as how even those who were still muslim were kind to me so I read the quran and then my eyes were opened. I learned how it is taught to live among them, grow in numbers, and live off of their lands, and then when you are of sufficient numbers wage war with them and subdue them and convert them, and if not then kill them.

I learned of how to deceive and to make treaties of peace in order to regain strength only to break those treaties because it is not a sin against allah to lie and to deceive the infidel.

Have you not read the quran? Do you not know these things?

edit on 17-6-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I have friends who are, or should I say were good muslims, lived in Iraq, and did what the Mullahs told them. But they are now all Christians. Through them I've known other muslims who are not converted and have openly discussed Isa (Jesus) with them. It is they who warned me that the best thing I could do is to never allow trust for those of the religion of peace.

I desired to know why seeing as how even those who were still muslim were kind to me so I read the quran and then my eyes were opened. I learned how it is taught to live among them, grow in numbers, and live off of their lands, and then when you are of sufficient numbers wage war with them and subdue them and convert them, and if not then kill them.

I learned of how to deceive and to make treaties of peace in order to regain strength only to break those treaties because it is not a sin against allah to lie and to deceive the infidel.

Have you not read the quran? Do you not know these things?

Oops!!! I finally found some who bested me and exposed islam, he even had all his muslim friends converted to christianity!!
He has also read Qur'an and knows it inside out!!
I am really Scared now!!!

at least you are not an ex-muslim or the authenticity/truthfulness of your words would be irrefutable!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by logical7[/i
Sheikh Internet(anti-islamic sites)?.

you seem to be pretty educated on Christianity, under what priest did you study?
Father Internet (anti-west/pro-Sharia sites)???

I don't spread lies about christianity. I just don't agree with making partners with God.

My concern here is more directed towards wildtimes and others who seriously want to learn and know more. I can put myself in her place and see how impossible it is becoming to know what Islam really is especially when we have so many "sheikhs" popping up who know it all about Islam and want to "save" people from the scary religion!!
The good i see in it is that it makes people with common sense go and check from the authentic sources themselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by mideast

Then they had best GET ON WITH IT!!

Why are they not doing so?
People are tired of the incessant fighting. People EVERYWHERE, except the psychopathic blood-thirsty war lords.
HOW MANY PEOPLE have to DIE before the clerics step up and say "Stop it!" ????

There comes the craziness.

People don't listen to clerics or wiser. Specially the extremist find their own way to their own version of truth. + You shouldn't ignore the money which gives them the motivation to do so.

And another part of truth is , to get the town into chaos , there is no need to make all the people crazy , Just find some bullies , they bring the chaos to every home.

So , all the people are not to blame here. + Those who run the division show are most to blame.
edit on 17-6-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join