It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being hacked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am the owner of a smartphone...

Last night I noticed, while trying to unlock the phone, many digits were popping up without my attempting to enter any digits. The numbers just kept popping up, sometimes faster than I could clear them...was this someone else making an attempt to gain access to my phone?

Thank you in advance for your cogent replies.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

It's possible, but more than likely it's just a virus. Many people aren't aware that you can get viruses on your smart phone just like you can on a computer. Download an anti-virus (there are free ones) for your phone and fix it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you. I did not know there were viruses that would behave in such a manner as to randomly enter the pass code to unlock the phone for operation.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I doubt it, they can access your phone logs/listen to your conversations/read your texts etc without you losing a moments sleep, probably you've done something to the touch sensitive layer of the phone so its just spamming random crappola

But really whats the point of doing such an obvious sort of hack as the persons just gonna take 2 steps away from the phone and pop a couple of shells into the old 12 bore and cause it some serious pain

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

My sister got a virus on her smart phone that did all kinds of trippy things. She has AVG on it now and has had no more problems.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I get your point...now, the more I think about it, the more silly it seems...

I do have the unlimited data plan on the phone, however, and I was thinking someone was just trying to access this capability for free web access...I do not have data sharing or mobile hotspot...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Would encourage you to buy and use open source hardware and software.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
do not touch the nokia store for mobi locate pure con 100 txts per hour and nokia do nothing about it ??

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I can make my android evo phone do that by putting it on the adapter for my laptop. The electro-magnetic fields from the power supply mess with the screen, and will dial numbers. I downloaded some draw programs, to see what it would draw. Mostly just a bunch of dots.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Can you really "own" a smart phone.
I see all these people with their heads bowed praying to their gadgets.
I think the phones own you.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MindpurelyMind

Okay...somewhat challenged when it comes to the terms open source...and how it relates to smartphones...will do some research...thank you...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Thank you. I believe nokia offers just the windows OS...I have an android device...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Thanks...I was nowhere near any sort of power source when my phone started with its antics...

new topics

top topics

join