It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremist 'Muslim Patrol' attempting to enforce Sharia law in East London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Extremist 'Muslim Patrol' attempting to enforce Sharia law in East London Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

www.nydailynews.com

The hard-line group posted several YouTube videos of verbal attacks on members of the public who were walking through Tower Hamlets area of London. Their actions were condemned by Great Britain’s mainstream Muslim community.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sun Jun 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed unnecessary part of title

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Is this really happening! After recent events surely these 'people' have lost the plot. Why are they allowed to stay in our country and wtf isn't the government doing anything about.

Also, not seen anything in the media about this. Someone linked me to it on Facebook. If this is how our country is heading then does anyone have a spare room in another country I can rent!

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Spelling & grammar check...

...is your friend.

I'm just gonna leave it at that since it was the only part of this thread I took notice of. The rest was just that familiar droning buzz that I've heard too much of lately...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I hope brits do something about this before the fundamentalists get completely out of hand.

If this was in my state/area where i live, I'd fight tooth and nail to get that stuff banned and people calling for sharia to either accept the laws of the land or GTFO!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I dont see this happening here in the USA thankfully

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

I can understand your being angry that people are doing these things, but you need to quit with your "is this the way things are headed in this country" nonsense. READ THE ARTICLE! It clearly states that the majority of mainstream Muslims in our country have no respect for this behavior, and have condemned it at every available oppertunity.

To summarise, being angry with the very small number of people who have gone into the streets and behaved like this is fine. To suggest that the problem is larger than it is (i.e. pathetically insignificant in the grand scheme of things) is fearmongering, which has only one effect, and can have only one intent, neither of them positive.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
imagine living in such an area, perhaps one of the dwindling minority who had established roots going back decades, centuries etc and seeing these sorts of people and the culture which is attempted to be foisted on them

You would certainly look at your leaders, rulers, govt, establishment etc and question the levels of cowardice and treason that have been committed upon the people of the UK

No good will come from this, it will get worse

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Apologies for the grammar/spelling etc. Thought the content was more important but oh well.

Wasn't trying to Fear Monger and am not that angry with the 'minority' but surely everything we experience starts out from the minority. My point was merely, it starts small but always has the potential to go further and with recent events this isn't exactly going to help anyone's cause.

Will leave it there anyway.
edit on 9-6-2013 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Calm down. TConsider the facts.

1) There are small numbers of idiots doing these patrols.

2) The East London mosque condems this behaviour.

3) Baroness Varsi condems them.

4) They are messing with the Brits who are polite until pissed off. Remember WW2!

5) Sharia law would be unconstitutional compared to UK/EU law.

Chillax

Peace pablo
edit on 9-6-2013 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am calm and very chilled my friend

Why? because I understand this is localised and condemned by others. Was just sharing a story and sharing my own personal thoughts should this ever escalate.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Calm down. TConsider the facts.

1) There are small numbers of idiots doing these patrols.

2) The East London mosque condems this behaviour.

3) Baroness Varsi condems them.

4) They are messing with the Brits who are polite until pissed off. Remember WW2!

5) Sharia law would be unconstitutional compared to UK/EU law.

Chillax

Peace pablo
edit on 9-6-2013 by Tiger5 because: typo

It is not a simple case of "chillax"- this is one of a number of issues with a growing Islamic population, things will not get better regardless of how we "chillax"

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thankfully I don't think I'll ever have to worry about such things where I live. Call it "unsophisticated" or "uncouth" if you like, but sometimes living in the deep south, surrounded by rednecks has it's definite perks. Muslims tend to do their best to fit in or "fly under the radar" as much as possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Apologies for the grammar/spelling etc. Thought the content was more important but oh well.

Wasn't trying to Fear Monger and am not that angry with the 'minority' but surely everything we experience starts out from the minority. My point was merely, it starts small but always has the potential to go further and with recent events this isn't exactly going to help anyone's cause.

Will leave it there anyway.

I couldn't give a damn about your spelling or grammar mate, just for the record.

I don't think this 'is the way Great Britain is heading', but this isn't the first time the subject has been in the news either, there is a definite, if minority or grass roots move among sections of the Muslim community pushing for this crap.

And yes, i hear you and agree with your exasperation at the timing of this rubbish.

And i also agree with the sentiments of others, along the lines of if they don't agree with British law or custom, get the hell out and move to a country where Sharia is in force...except they won't, they only care about forcing their ways on people who don't want it and certainly won't live by it.

Numpties...ungrateful numpties actually.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i would like them to try that # here up north

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Quick....someone leak it to them there is Sharia violators running rampant in Texas....yep.....send 'em to Dallas......

We'll show them it's better to work together and just be friendly to whomever you run into on the street....or crossing a square improperly by accident

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Worth a star to be honest mate, well put.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
i would like them to try that # here up north

They did mate when it all kicked off with the Oldham riots back in 2001 which went on to include other Northern cities and towns like Bradford, Leeds and Burnley. I remember it well.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

WEll I am chilled. But I do not wish to see sharia law in the UK. I do not wish to be harassed by anyone and woe betide anyone who harasses min. I I do not even feel that the problem will get a lot worse because far too many are against the new form of harassment. Even the Whitchapel mosque is against it.

new topics

top topics

join