It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Should Not Be Impeached - And Surveillance Program Is Legal - Do You Agree?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

The problems Obama has created was caused mostly by inexperience. What a joke we have played on ourselves. Liberals keep bring up GW well they conveniently forget the following.

If I am elected president - I will have complete transparently. Hows that working out for us?
If I am elected president - I will bring the troops home in 6 months. How's that working out us?
If I am elected president - I will close Gitmo. How's that working out for us?
There is much more but what is the sense - really?

The way I look at this is - he is either stupid - or dangerously throwing our country away on purpose - there is no denying that after Benghazi and the spying he and holder allow. We are being made fools of - especially the liberal crowd.

This country cannot afford on the job training - and that is exactly what the liberals gave him - and twice no less. God help us get thru his dumb ass administration and constitution taring habits. We are losing every guideline given to us by people who already went thru all this a couple of hundred years ago.

Either way - he cannot be trusted and shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherStacks
I would like to see everyone from both the Obama and Bush administrations in jail. And don't forget the 535 scumbags in congress.

They belong on death row with the man behind the curtain. The great and powerful Oz.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Obama Should Not Be Impeached - And Surveillance Program Is Legal - Do You Agree?

- Obama should be impeached .. and a whole lot of other people ... including John McCain who recently came out in favor of the illegal spying on Americans.

- The spying is wrong. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know for sure if it's illegal. (I think it probably is). But it's just plain wrong and it's a fascist power grab. We are on a slippery slope .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The Us presidency is a position of contradictions. For example the president can order secret surveillance on Us population but at the same time isn't allowed to know what goes on at Area51. If anyone can explain this contradiction to me ill be interested in hearing it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Since the politicians write unjust and loose meaning laws that promote tyranny is where the outrage should be and not after an administration interprets these laws how they want! Nobody cries outrage when these laws are
written and only after they are used without impunity do we yell foul!
So do I think that Obama should be impeached? Yes but along with all the other corporate shills!
Do I think Obama should be impeached for this? No
Do I support this administrations surveillance of us? No because it is clearly unconstitutional!
Those that voted these laws that allowed our government to do this should all be Impeached!
What am I willing to do to stop this? Anything short of initiating violence!
Any government that does not trust the majority of it's people is going to have some problems!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Obama should be impeached and charged with treason. Bush should be brought up on treason charges as well for attacking our constitution. This spying thing is no legal at all. there was processes setup in place to help do what they want to do but anymore everybody has to take the shortcut and start ignoring 1/2 the rules

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think this is all political theater and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference who the president is. We either remove everyone in the White House, Supreme Court, and Congress and start over (in the process severing the ties the power brokers behind the politicians have to the controls) or we're doomed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Could not agree more. Impeaching some random president without changing the nature of the game won't do diddly squat. Someone else will get put in his place, someone with the same level of control ( = 0 ) over the various institutions that do as they please in the US.

Does the president control the economy ? No.
Does the president control employment levels ? No.
Does the president decide which laws get passed ? No.
Does the president control the secret services ? In theory yes, in reality they probably don't tell the white house half the things they've got going on because there are simply too many, and the president just has to stand there and take responsability in their place when things screw-up.

Impeach him or not, nothing would change, so what's the point ? By impeaching, you're still only playing by rules that you did'nt get to write. Your still trying to revive the same dying old system, that has allready proved countless times times that it doesn't work. Hell, it's the same system that actually put you in this mess in the first place...

Obama shares some responsability, sure. But it's easier for most people to point at the puppet on the stage, than to question the reason for the play. People just want someone to blame. So they blame and point and replace the puppet, and nothing ever changes.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherStacks
I would like to see everyone from both the Obama and Bush administrations in jail. And don't forget the 535 scumbags in congress.

All the politicians and lobbyists at least from LB Johnson (after the JFK assassination) till today are mainly scumbags, criminals and traitors (a couple of exceptions only). I would go in a different direction, after all, jail costs money! It's a long term investment in maintaining the lives of sociopathic and psychopathic parasites. I say just try them all for treason and if found guilty, hang 'em.

Hemp rope is such a re-usable and "green" solution which doesn't require years of support payments.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here are someone's "top ten reasons Obama has violated the constitution." IMO, it's not even the worst part, but things most people don't think about.

Top ten Obama Constitutional Violations

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The surveillance program is definitely unconstitutional, Draconian, Totalitarian, Orwellian. And Obama supporters seem to be ok with much of what he is doing because they see him as a friend to their ideology, I know that some have changed their minds after seeing this, but what did they expect? This is par for the course with a Marxian/Communist/Totalitarian model hiding underneath prose of social justice and equality. I predicted that after re-election the nice mask would come off and we would see the monster underneath. But the monster is a many headed hydra with tentacles far reaching into every aspect of our lives, and if you cut off one another one just grows in it's place.
Impeaching Obama is not likely to happen with so many supporting him. And who really wants Biden in there either?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No. Obama should not be impeached. End of story.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If President Obama has orchestrated this surveillance program as is claimed by the British Media then I say Great!
I don't know what main land Europe is moaning about either?!!

Infact I am chuffed! I'd love the President to read my E mails and see all my personal stuff. I have nothing to hide. Yeah a bit of debt here and there, but I don't pretend to be anything special. The only thing is I am 50 year old that looks 20 ... so they say lol and ... wait for it? I have met real aliens. Quite a few times. Over the years, I felt a bit freaky and not known who to turn to and I use to wish someone sensible would listen to me. It is strange, but if all this is true and the Americans have been earwigging, then I actually feel like I can sleep better at night. If it had been Bush, then it would be a different story and I would maybe feel a tad suicidal.

The British are hypercrit's ... we can let big companies and local councils sell our personal details and that is ok?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

How many here feel that Obama should not be Impeached?

He should not be impeached.

And does anyone here also feel that the surveillance program is legal and should proceed?

I think the surveillance program is reprehensible but legal.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I i don't think Obama should be impeached because I like to think of him as a good guy. Why shouldn't the surveillance program be legal, it is for everybody else. Doe's it really matter? Maybe he is reading ATS ...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't think Obama should be impeached, furthermore I think that if he is, and is found guilty it still wouldn't change anything. The power structure remains intact, we've already seen that this thing crosses administrations and isn't partisan.

Several people need to goto jail for this wiretapping, however sadly Bush and Obama aren't the ones that ran these programs day to day and were responsible for the abuses.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

If I am elected president - I will have complete transparently. Hows that working out for us?

LIE!!!! He did not say that! He said...

listen carefully, he really didn't promise transparency at all.

If I am elected president - I will bring the troops home in 6 months. How's that working out us?

LIE!!!! He did not say that! He said...

Listen carefully again, he promised to pull out of Iraq, he did so. The war in Iraq is over, but he never said that he would bring them home in 6 months. He also promised to put more troops in Afghanistan.

If I am elected president - I will close Gitmo. How's that working out for us?

This one he did promise, day 1 he will close Gitmo, unfortunately, there is no place to put the people there, no one in the US wants these people in their backyard. And many of their home countries don't want them back either.

But the first two "promises" you claimed the president said, were never actually said, YOU LIED. You have to listen carefully to what this double talking politician says in order to get the real message.

Now, should Obama be impeached? No. He hasn't committed any high crimes or misdemeanors. which according to the US Constitution is the ONLY reason to impeach a president.

And I don't like the surveillance program, I think it spits in the face of the 4th Amendment. I think it however was craftly done so that it is legal. Horrible, but legal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join