It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data snooping: law abiding citizens have 'nothing to fear'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's all about setting precedents, and the sad truth is that most people accept all of this and aren't in the least bit concerned.

Also, the "I have nothing to hide" mentality has GOT to go! I have no idea where people get this argument from, it's completely ridiculous! Even if you aren't guilty of anything, it's no reason to be spied on and for your life to be scrutinized...

I believe that they will push the envelope as far as they can, slowly chipping away at all aspects of online privacy until we have no more anonymity at all. Heck, in the future will probably need an online license to be able to surf the net. The internet will probably be ultra controlled and heavily censored too.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
My problem with this is Everyone is guilty of something illegal.

I can download a song on the internet from Pirate Bay and that song is illegal. I can record the same song to cd from my stereo and it's legal. But now, most download instead of recording because they get the digital format they desire. Got a camera on your phone? Chances are at least once you took a picture of someone without their permission.They can always find something they can use against you.. even my 85 year old mother that does Not have a computer ( she has an I Phone) has watched a copy of an illegally streamed movie.

You have to understand the Entertainment Industry as a whole. What it perpetrates and for who?

What artist truly devotes their Life to their craft for the purpose of making money?

It certainly is a nice luxury to have.

The majority of Hollywood generates BILLIONS upon Billions of dollars in various art forms that influence pop culture and subsequently each generation.

This is the magic wand of desensitization that cast the spell of illusion/disbelief/fantasy/reality all mix into one. Where your dreams can come true but at what price?

Downloading a song or movie is not a crime unless art imitates life.

What your GOVT officials can and have been getting away with and covering up is a lie. That has been whispered for generations and now collectively has a voice. That voice collectively says take "action"

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

BS. A Stinking pile of BS to justify the assassination of privacy.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

What am I justifying?

In no way do I support the invasion of privacy by the GOVT.

I believe you misconstrued what I said.

edit on 11-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Fine then they should show us their records. I'd like to know

Who they are calling, why, whats the conversation about, you say it's just a phone call to mom but I don't believe it. Oh I see they e-mailed their aunt faye, was it a recipe exchange or something sinister...whats really in the email? Where are they shopping? I need to know their bra size and panty size, what kind of movies they rent?

Oh I see someone here was on facebook and they left a message to so and so that they are feeling blue, quick get out the prozac. Or wait a minute....what do we got here? Well what about this person, they never sign into their facebook or twittter they are anti-social, gotta watch them.

Well lookeee here it's someone who just made a purchase online they bought an American Flag and a bumper sticker that says "Dont Tread On Me" that's it, they are un-american and must have tons of guns go get emmm boys.

Bullsh..

Fair is fair after all.

<< 1   >>

join