It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the United States agree to curb a Nuclear North Korea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It seems there is good news to come from Obama's meeting with the Chinese leader. They've come to agree on at least one thing. North Korea in possession of nuclear weapons is a bad thing for all concerned.

I'd imagine China looks at the North Korean beaches at mere hundreds of miles from Beijing proper and figures attracting world military action is about the last thing to be in their best interests. The precise reasons don't matter though, the outcome does.

The US and China have agreed that they cannot accept a nuclear-armed North Korea and pledged to work closely to end Pyongyang's weapons programme, a senior US national security official has said.

Tom Donilon said the US President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping reached "quite a bit of alignment'' on the subject of curbing North Korea's ambitions during a meeting on Saturday.

On this area of their talks, unlike some others, the approach seems clear and without confusion. Kim isn't just facing an upset Western world. He stands with serious problems from his sole true support left. China.

"They agreed that North Korea has to denuclearise, that neither country will accept North Korea as a nuclear-armed state and that we would work together to deepen co-operation and dialogue to achieve denuclearisation," he said on Saturday, at the end of two days of meeting between Obama and Xi at an estate in the California desert.
Source

Any news of reducing nuclear weapons around the world is good news to me. Removing them from that very volatile neighborhood and very unstable personality, as we find in Kim Jong Eun is better.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Premature posting... err.. Fixed now.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm going to guess here that China and the US openly agreeing and without room for question, had a lot to do with this coming about:

Two Koreas to Discuss Restoring Economic Ties

Just maybe that turbulent chapter in Korea's history is winding down....for now anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Winding down? Nope

Nk will be the first Joint Military Venture between, the USA and China, openly at least.

Currently we are clearing the old silk road (oil road these days) for them.

You need an East and Western power to actually be an "Axis"

It's just beginning.
edit on 9-6-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Well, I'm not hoping for a few million residents of Seoul to die inside an hours period of time.....and so, I'll look upon the combination of developments with some optimism. This is a real deadly situation with totals into the 7 and 8 figures just within the opening days of fighting, should fighting ever break out.

If China has openly agreed with the United States ....which they have...it means Beijing has finally taken a stand and now we KNOW, not just guess, what the mass of Chinese forces on the North Korean border are about. It wasn't to support the little madman after all. It's to kill him in very short order.

Even Kim cannot be so insane as to take on China when he shares a land border with them. Even nuclear, Kim is no match to even consider an outcome he'd survive to see. China could easily roll right over Pyongyang at near highway speeds, firing as they went for the sheer numbers they could amass for the roll over. Then park at the DMZ and wave hello to those in the South to show the change in power.

No...given the definitive statements which seem to be coming from Beijing? I'd say this is over, for now. The rest of the world? It may still go to hell in a hand basket and who knows what leader is left holding the handle. On the peninsula? It was a ride while it lasted, but China crashed his party in a way the United States never could.

I'd really hoped this would happen. I'm very happy to see it did. It beats the alternative.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yes I am pleased too. I think Kim may be sent on a mandatory course on Diplomacy and how not to anger the Chinese Dragon!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is nice to see LEADING EA*RTH defenses supporting a less aggressive area of the planet...

It is also good to see NORTH KOREA allowing some space / room for NEW ways of thinking to better support the majority in which they are part of...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Why a joint military operation?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is nothing more than China wanting to maintain NK as a buffer.
Personally, I'm fine with that.

I just wonder how much it cost us to get NK to play ball, and whether or not he's just saying he'll play ball, or if we read about another nuclear test a month from now.

I can't understand how Un thinks he needs nukes. If he just plays by China's rules, they will gladly keep him in power, as long as NK is stable.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join