It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some homeowners just don't want to leave even after death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well I work part-time as a real estate agent. Recently, I took a client of mine to look at some homes out in southern California. I don't want to name the city or location of the house to keep the privacy of the owners. But anyways, me and my client arrive at the location. Now the house was already vacant, When we first entered the house, I made sure to walk around and call out to make sure no one was home. The place was vacant as all the furniture was gone, place was cleaned out. Now how the house is situated, its two-story, newly remodeled so the inside of the house was fairly new, but the outside of the house you could tell the house had some years on it maybe built back in the 60-70s. In the middle of the house is a short spiral staircase that leads directly to the master bedroom which is directly above the kitchen.

As me and client finish checking out the bottom floor and headed up the spiral case into the masterbed room. We both stood there talking to each other about the house in general, when we both distinctly heard the sound of the kitchen glass door open and someone walk in. The floor is carpet, and makes the distinctive carpet noise when you walk on it. I told my client to shush for a sec, as we both hear the glass door open down stairs and heavy foot steps walk into the house. Now at this point, I think it might be the owners or another set of clients looking at the property. It only took me less then 10 secs to run down the spiral stair onto the second floor and to face the kitchen. When I got down there, I was expecting to see someone down there, but there wasn't anyone there. The kitchen glass door was locked. I walked around in the house and rooms again to make sure someone hadn't slip in, and saw no one. I walked outside to check the drive way and yard to see the entire place empty except for me and the client. Now at this point, I started to get that heavy eerie feeling that we were being watched and we weren't alone so, the client and me took the cue and left.

At this point, the client and me haven't said anything about spooky experience, but after a word of silence, the client mention to me that something was definitely spooky about that place, both of believing it was haunted. I nodded my head and agreed, working as a real estate agent, I've come to realize that some people dead or alive, refuse to leave their homes sometimes.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

Do we think this is a choise? Does someone decide to stay in a familure space instead of venturing off into unknown space after death? It kind of seems this way. I don't even think a human spirit can even really be forced to leave if they don't want to go, unless its a non-human entity. I do think that these types of entities are at the control of higher beings and can be driven away.
It has to be a bit scary to think you can just "spirit-off" and go anywhere (unless you prescribe to the "Prision Planet" theory). I wonder if we can go into a black hole and if that would put us into another universe? Now some scientists are speculating that black holes are actually pouring matter into another universe, which kind of makes sense. That means there are several billion (probably unlimited) universes. If this is true, we could find ourselves traveling into other universes indefinitely...

edit on 11-6-2013 by wrkn4livn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm somewhat surprised this thread slipped under the radar. Talk about interesting. I have a question tho, OP?

Have you shown that property since this happened or did you quietly drop that one from your list of properties to go back into and try to sell someone on? I'd kinda wondered when I first read this and since no one else picked up on that...I might as well throw out my curiosity and see what the outcome was here?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm also looking around on Zillow and Remax for a house in AZ. I look at the photo's and in some of the pic's, I do notice "Orbs" sometimes and when I do, I skip the house. In particular, one house, I noticed a couple small orbs near the ceilings and a couple on the walls. The one that got me was a picture of the home office (these were all associated with the same house). Right in the middle of the office chair was a huge round orb. It looked like the orb was sitting in the chair! AND, the house was much less expensive than comparable homes in the area. Funny...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
well the thing with california real estate law is when a person dies in the property, it has to be disclosed I believe the limit is like 3-5 years. In alot of other states, no law exists to disclose stuff like that. So you could be renting or living in a serial murders house or a house that had multiple homicides and not even know about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

yea big clue, when the house is cheap for some odd reason and everything else in the neighborhood is expensive. Another good clue something is wrong with the property is if it's been sitting out there on the market for a long time, or there is multiple re-list of the same property in a short amount of time.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I haven't had a chance to go back to that property since I last left. Why would I want to go back LOL Im just glad nothing followed me home because then I really be in trouble.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I recently had a strange experience on my computer that I believe to be a cybernatural haunting - a ghost trying to communicate to me through my computer or internet connection. do you believe that this is possible/ have you heard of anything like that before?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StarbuckWhale

I've heard wild stories about evp, haunted phone calls, lighting flickering, radios/tvs/appliances turning on by themselves or going haywire. I wouldn't be surprise.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have heard of a few people that were foreclosed on putting speakers in crawl spaces and wiring them to a place in the alley where they could connect a Amp and mike.
The bank would then have problems selling the property to anyone when the word got out that the property was haunted.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There must be (a few) people who actively seek out haunted houses as long as they are peaceful entities. It could be a niche market perhaps?

Occasionally people dont mind sharing their space with 'friendly' ghosts and sometimes like to know that the original owners are still keeping an eye on the place while the current ones are out shopping etc. The trouble seems to come when rennovations are undertaken as it often stirs things up and gets the ghosts agitated.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

The house would need to rigged like a fun house, to really dis-prove some of the crazy haunting stories I've heard. Sometimes the supernatural is so unbelievable that it makes you a believer. The stories you hear from Hollywood are never as good as the stories in real life accounts.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

Rofl. I've actually thought about that. The problem is the area I work around. It's filled with minorities, and minorities usually come from a very spiritual background, and are very superstitious. Frankly, if the place I visited did have a ghost living there. They need to just realize they need to pass on, whatever/whoever they are holding onto here in our plane of existence, they need to realize it doesn't matter anymore and go to the light. RIP.

new topics

top topics

join