It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Flash: You Have Won The Being Alive Lottery !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

members.shaw.ca

You are the result of many generations of survivors.  One of the people that died prematurely could have been your Dad or your Dad's Dad and so on.  Somehow, none of your forefathers died before passing on his genes to the next man in your lineage.  Because of the deaths mentioned most human lineages died out, while luckily yours survived.  Lo and behold, here you are!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So I was watching a program where the speaker said the odds of being alive where 400 trillion to 1. I decided to research that and this what I found, they are even higher than that. The odds of being born are so high it's like every human that has ever been born has one the lottery of life. There are so many variables in play and some involve seconds. For example on the day our parents had a biological interaction, there could have been multiple sperms battling there way to the ovum, even multiple sperms digging there way through outer part of the ovum at the same time, and if the one that made us was a second or two too slow we would not exist.
Another human very similar to us would, perhaps not even the same sex as we are.

members.shaw.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

...I want a refund.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not only what the OP said, but when you really think about it, 'our' lineage (if we could actually trace it back properly), each of our personal lineage i mean, goes all the way back Billions of years, generation after generation.

WE, each of us reading here, indeed alive on the planet today, are part of an unbroken line that stretches back, parent to child, right back to when the first life ever appeared on this world...billions of years ago.

brings bombing people and wiping out entire families with drones from above into perspective really doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Even for those that believe in creation the odds is still very high, every interaction from the very first couple to a couple that conceives today think of the odds involved on all the variables that go into it and lead to it, mind boggling.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Pretty fascinating figures indeed...puts the quote in my signature into more perspective actually.

Thanks for posting
was a good Sunday morning read.

edit on 6/9/2013 by UberL33t because: GPS

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I didnt ask to be alive.

Thanks for this statistic truely depressing.
This implies that some other person would love to have been me - alive! I wish had the opportunity to give that gift as I would have been more happier in space as I was prior my conception.
edit on 9-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So a few winners of the 400 trillion to one lottery waste their time on ATS

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

No, the winners spend their time on WORTHY ATS. Get it right please...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Are you one of the kids who told there parents that ?
edit on 9-6-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yeah, cos its a fact...

But I still find it interesting what a slim chance I did have of being here. I must have been a fast swimmer aye...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ahhh, yes. I've pondered this endlessly when daydreaming.
It really puts things into perspective.

"Know ye not that ye are gods?"

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
For example on the day our parents had a biological interaction, there could have been multiple sperms battling there way to the ovum, even multiple sperms digging there way through outer part of the ovum at the same time, and if the one that made us was a second or two too slow we would not exist.

Sometimes the ghosts of sperms from "releases" that went nowhere (after all, I only ever had the one daughter) come around to bust my balls over their lack of good fortune. I tell them to hit the road.

Screw 'em. Losers.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What are the odds that after the big bang and billions of super novas spewing forth the higher elements that trillions of atoms would come together and form a rock in my back yard?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I believe that we did choose to be ALIVE
It was all a part of the contract....A lot of people forget they signed it....

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
And just the day and time alone our parents interact to conceive it's like rolling a dice that has 3 million sides and we are just one number, and our number came up.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

It looked more appealing in the pamphlet....

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

If we have won the lottery, who are the losers?

In my opinion, the odds quoted are meaningless in the context of being conceived or not. No-one is not conceived.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

All the millions of potential variations between your fathers sperm and your mothers ovum which would be represented by potential siblings at conception and then birth, none of which happens, so those potentials become the losers although they were never alive, in theory there was potential for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is the main reason why the idea of infinite universes makes no sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join