It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video - Can Anyone Explain?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

It explains and shows one way to do the trick, but like I already mentioned, the video I posted shows him laying the stick down in front of him. So if you're correct, you'd have to show how it's possible to detach the seat from the stick, and then re-attach it without being noticed, because that would be the trick. That's not happening in the video and there are several of them that show the same thing in different environments.

Oh come on man, use your imagination! He has slightly modified the trick, but in ways it is pretty damn simple to figure out.

Watch the stick in his act, watch the way it falls, and watch the way he handles it. It is clearly attached to the base plate for the act, then when he has finished, he just pops it off and drops it to the floor - that's why it rises directly upwards before falling. Rewatch the video now, and watch how he picks up the stick at the very start. Does that look natural to you? Does the end of the stick ever lose its position in relation to the floor? No, at this stage it is attached to the base plate, it is simply on a hinge. At the end of the act, he removes it from the base plate.

That video explains the way the basic trick is done, if you use your head I am sure you can get a little creative and find the answers to the very slight differences in this guys version.
edit on 10-6-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
why ruin a nice little trick but the clue is the stick

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey! as an ameature magician I can say that this is very possible with nothing mystical involved. Its called balducci levitation. en.wikipedia.org... there is the wiki link. Now his is obvioulsy a variation on this trick. But anyone could learn to do this as long as they pay enough. Same with any trick.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Oh come on man, use your imagination! He has slightly modified the trick, but in ways it is pretty damn simple to figure out.

Watch the stick in his act, watch the way it falls, and watch the way he handles it. It is clearly attached to the base plate for the act, then when he has finished, he just pops it off and drops it to the floor - that's why it rises directly upwards before falling. Rewatch the video now, and watch how he picks up the stick at the very start. Does that look natural to you? Does the end of the stick ever lose its position in relation to the floor? No, at this stage it is attached to the base plate, it is simply on a hinge. At the end of the act, he removes it from the base plate.

That video explains the way the basic trick is done, if you use your head I am sure you can get a little creative and find the answers to the very slight differences in this guys version.
edit on 10-6-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)
One thing you didn't add, so I will;
When the guy walks off the stage he is walking like something is attached to his rear end still. It's still a neat trick, but that's all this is "a trick".

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Watch this video. Explains the trick completely. He is sitting on a flat surface that is suspend in the air. Its supported by a flat base under the rug.

www.youtube.com...

<< 1  2   >>

join