It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher "(2nd Amendment) just as obsolete as the 4th"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by marg6043

used to be for the people and by the people not for corporations and corrupted elite, and they fail to really really understand the constitution or even taken the time to read it.

It actually never was. George Washington signed a bill that would start a central bank in the USA, the real first federal reserve. This banker bill passed the senate with no issues. This country was ran by foreign corporate interests from the get go. A huge portion of the founding fathers were "corrupted elite". There's a reason why Alexander Hamilton (a banker) was appointed Secretary of Treasury, then went on to help created the first Fed Reserve, and help enslave this country to foreign "investors" in this private national bank. He was just as bad, if not worse than Obama.

en.wikipedia.org...

This country was never for the people or by the people... People don't like to hear the truth, but this silly "this country used to be something special" talk is just NOT true.

edit on 9-6-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

George Washington, a real American Tyrant?

Yes in fact it's true, George Washington was extended European nobility, and shown to be the 2nd Cousin of the current Queen Liz 6 times removed if I recall.

And not only that, read up on the Whiskey Rebellion. Basically they wanted to collect taxes on whiskey and this went against the reasoning of the entire Revolution (no taxation without representation). So basically Washington mustered a militia from the ignorant city folk and led them out to capture the rebels in the countryside.

They actually shot some of them. Over forcing taxation at penalty of death?

I'd have to say he was the worst president ever. Ruined the country from the start.

Oh and on topic: Bill Maher is obsolete.
edit on 11-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have a real liberal friend that has said some nasty things about the constitution being obsolete also. They just don't get it - what goes around comes around. Obama has peed all over the constitution and doesn't care who knows it - he has proven that. They (Bill Maher and followers) might feel differently when another president is charge and use the same spying techniques on them - we'll see how much the whine when and if that happens.

I really do not know how anyone could feel good about this spying at this level. When that spy building was finished in Utah did everyone just think it was just warehouse? Can you imagine - they have the power to listen every little thing in your life - I mean everything. They could plant something, or anything, on your computer and then come and arrest you. I don't care if you are liberal - how can you be OK with this? This is madness.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Dukesy because: left our words and corrected spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I beg to differ. The second amendment, which allows for an armed citinzery is the very thing that protects us from the tyranny that we are creeping towards. When the DHS and the military roll through your town, setting up paremeters, and hindering the movements of citizens, just how long do you think it will take before an armed and active underground will take to form?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I don't havw a problem with Maher, and what I consider his crackpot opinions. I have a problem with the fact that there is no way for the viewers to contact him to voice their diffwering opinions. From my point of view, this just makes him a coward, afraid to go head to head with middle America.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

We had tanks and bombers and napalm, and other weapons of mass distruction in Viet Nam. Who the H*ll lost that war? Do you not think american citizens cannot mount a guerilla war against the government if necessary. We can and we will if it comes down too it. And I'm putting my money on the citiznery. We are tougher that other nations give us credit for. Sir, in my opinion, you are a coward, afraid to stand up for yourself.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Bill Maher is a "useful idiot"....he should study what happens to useful idiots after a communist take over.

he's first a comedian, Sarah Palin was a "useful idiot".... and as far as a communist takeover?.....with the recent public acknowledgement of the NSA, working in conjunction with corporate communication and internet companies to spy on Americans, then America can clearly be defined in every dictionary I have seen, as a pseudo-fascist state. this level of encroachment on privacy is going to come back and bit every one on the ass, no matter what political affiliation.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Bill Maher sucks. I was very disappointed with his religious movie... very juvenile approach to it. All he did was pick on stupid people in that movie. you can find stupid people in any belief race or creed to make fun of. which I found very low brow. Sometimes he hits things right on the head but when he drops the ball he drops the ball.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by jimmyx

We had tanks and bombers and napalm, and other weapons of mass distruction in Viet Nam. Who the H*ll lost that war? Do you not think american citizens cannot mount a guerilla war against the government if necessary. We can and we will if it comes down too it. And I'm putting my money on the citiznery. We are tougher that other nations give us credit for. Sir, in my opinion, you are a coward, afraid to stand up for yourself.

so did the north Vietnamese...... Russia and china supplied artillery, missiles, rockets, tanks....your comparison to a civil war here in the states, to that of what happened in Vietnam, is not valid, nor is your opinion on my degree of "bravery"...however that is suppose to apply to this discussion.
I almost was drafted into that war, and had friends wounded and a couple killed. my father was in the Korean war as a PFC. radioman, they all have talked about the horrors of war.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is a plausable synopsis based on confisction but the military assesment covers all the bases,

www.bob-owens.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Uh huh? So, when the GOP passed the Patriot Act, that was all well and good, but an American TV show host states an opinion and he's now Un-American.

Got news for ya: The Patriot Act passed virtually unanimously supported by Dems as well as the Repubs. It was reaffirmed and tightened up years later, again supported and voted for by both parties, almost unanimously.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I have a problem with the fact that there is no way for the viewers to contact him to voice their diffwering opinions. From my point of view, this just makes him a coward, afraid to go head to head with middle America.

twitter.com...

www.facebook.com...

What else do you need? Home Address? Phone Number? Cmon.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join