It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Shock jock' disrupts BBC's Sunday Politics show

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well he knew the time slot was about to wind up and went into rant mode to generate more attention to himself and the site he plugged, tactics of the 2 year old really...he does have a sort of baby shaped head that helps him pull this off.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Well that was interesting.

Is the man capable of having a reasoned, articulate conversation without flying off the handle?

Seriously, it's that kinda stuff that makes all CTer's look bad. There are plenty of real, verifiable conspiracies out there currently that there isn't a need to act that way. He gets a shot on a major BBC politics show to discuss this stuff Bilderbergs and all, and he has to come off like this?

Would have been interesting to be in the studio when the camera's finally went off. Oh well, his hardcore fans will eat it up and cheer him on while the rest of us shake our heads and think what a wasted opportunity.

Hmmmm... I would have to say this.

I am a very intelligent and articulate woman, and well-informed about many things.

But back in my 'awakening' days for both politics and religion, I 'flew off the handle' many times; partly because I had so much information in my head that it came it quickly and mainly because I was frustrated that I was not being believed.

Whether I was actually correct or not, the more I was not 'believed', the more passionate I grew during debate.

Fortunately for me, I am a pre-law student who has learned the art of debate; how to recognize and counter logical fallacies and also how to present my material in a clear, concise fashion.

Just because material is not presented this way does not conclude it to be untrue.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The man is making money hand over fist right now and is at the door step of going mega. He can't be the
meek well mannered far less volatile man of intelligence at this point. Right now, any attention is good
attention. No.1 this guy has a career. He doesn't have to act the way he does. This is an intelligent man
and he knows exactly what he is doing.

You'll see him in politics and no he's not the antichrist.

An alternate heading could go something like, Alex Jones disrupts propaganda programming with the truth.
The BBC guy kept telling him to shut up. Alex should've decked him.

edit on 9-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I like David Aaronovitch, he wrote a book called Voodoo Histories, which should be mandatory reading for people on ATS

could not agree more, that book is really quite an amazing look at conspiracies

regardless of weather or not you agree with conspiracies or not I agree with you, every one ATS should have a copy

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He knows exactly what he is doing. This is his job, plain and simple.

Maybe he should consult his P.R. consultant more

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Take a listen to Alex Jones last night on Coast to Coast AM with John B. Wells hosting then tell me how crazy he is. His shouting is part of his act, and if everything came down that he talks about we haven't a chance in hell. BUT, if we ignore it all we are in worse trouble than that. And where are we now if not on a slippery slope?

Listen to that first 30 minutes of C2C AM of last night's show. Tell me none of it is true. Tell me it can't happen. Please make it sound believable because I would really like to believe it can't be so.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Of course if AJ had been killed by TPTB, then nobody would be able to use the fact that he was still alive as an indication of their non-existence. Instead, somebody else would step into his shoes and use his murder as an indication of their existence.

Did I hear correctly that Andrew Neil believes that AJ is part of the conspiracy? If he did say that, what conspiracy would he be talking about?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What he says might be true.

He might even be the most "plugged in" person in the world.

But as soon as he starts shouting in that obnoxious way, I switch off.

I don't want to listen to him. He comes across as an arrogant loudmouthed jackass who believes his own hype - the kind of guy who sits in a bar drinking his life away and bullying/shouting at whoever comes near him.

If I'd been interviewing him on Live, and he did that, I'd have thrown him out of the studio.

Acting like this makes him a poster child for all those people out there who don't like people to think for themselves. They label him as a nut because of how he acts, and everyone in the genre gets labelled with him. He is doing more harm than good.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I don't want to listen to him. He comes across as an arrogant loudmouthed jackass who believes his own hype - the kind of guy who sits in a bar drinking his life away and bullying/shouting at whoever comes near him.

If I'd been interviewing him on Live, and he did that, I'd have thrown him out of the studio.

Acting like this makes him a poster child for all those people out there who don't like people to think for themselves.

True about the shouting, but he doesn't always sound like that. He was low-keyed on C2C and it comes across as very scary when it is presented that way. Maybe for the mainstream audience it is good he comes off as a nut-job or we could be losing sleep having nightmares about it.

Good thing ATS Live Radio doesn't have any strongly opinionated, shout-down bullies on it.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Is it a crime to get mad lately? If someone is robbing your home do you talk nicely to him or do you pull out your gun and threaten him? If there are mosquitos in your bedroom do you tolerate them or do you kill them?

Alex Jones knows too much in relation to the mainstream world and thus he cannot control his temper. But an out of control temper should be the least of peoples problem when we have bilderbergers on a rampage to destroy everything in their path.

The man speaks more truth than all the so called "journalists" combined. The ignoramouses cannot accept his level of knowledge and cannot debate with him on equal levels. AJ broadcasts messages on a different frequency. He caters to the awake more than those who are asleep.

I am suprised that so many people on this alternative site are against him. Perhaps shocked would be the best term.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Why has he not been killed off?
I'll tell you why, because he does more to tarnish the credibility of conspiracy theories and theorists than anyone else in the world.
This guy is a god send to the elites, thats why channels like the bbc will let him on air, and watch him single handedly demolish all credibility of conspiracies, and he will do it in 3 minutes.

"Boss, the Bilderberg meetings are getting a lot of public attention and I'm afraid that more and more people are getting suspicious, what are we going to do?"

"Just send in Alex Jones, that buffoon will make anyone who questions the bilderberg meetings look like a loony in a matter of minutes."

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
call him mad or whatever but he did more in a few minutes than any internet keyboard warrior did

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What he says might be true.

He might even be the most "plugged in" person in the world.

But as soon as he starts shouting in that obnoxious way, I switch off.

Acting like this makes him a poster child for all those people out there who don't like people to think for themselves. They label him as a nut because of how he acts, and everyone in the genre gets labelled with him. He is doing more harm than good.

what all 50 listners would have been laughing

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No one else has dared infiltrate bohemian grove and expose the secrets like he has. No one else goes outside the bilderberger meetings with a bullhorn and challenges the perpetrators. Well he is the most outspoken and as such draws most of the negativity.

If he could "only" control his temper a bit more. The man is godsent it seems. Him, ron paul, gary johnson and jessie ventura have taken the truth movement on their shoulders alone but for how long. People need to follow or just get out of his way imho.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Do you think maybe they want people to know now about the Bilderbergs?

Mainstream media that is.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by paraphi

I like David Aaronovitch, he wrote a book called Voodoo Histories, which should be mandatory reading for people on ATS

could not agree more, that book is really quite an amazing look at conspiracies

regardless of weather or not you agree with conspiracies or not I agree with you, every one ATS should have a copy

And now he's a journalist for The Times (owned by Newscorp).. Surely he wouldn't be biased huh.
Even if Jones had said ''The sky is Blue'' Aaronovitch was there to say ''but is it? its looks reddish to me'' and then you have Andrew Neil who was... well the Editor of the Sunday Times for 11 years.

The one thing I do agree with Jones on, is the fact that Bilderberger didn't exist in the press, it was a conspiracy theory, now the conspiracy theory is that all these Mega rich and influential people would meet up to take over the world not whether it exists.

No matter what there are definitely Anti Trust issues with the whole thing.
World leaders/owners of mega banks are busy people for them to all meet up for a long weekend, it must be important.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I thought Andrew Neil pulling dumb faces at the closing was pretty insulting and disrespectful towards his guest

Because the guest needed insulting and shown no respect at all.
He needed a ball-gag.
His display was shockingly rude, disrespectful, uninformed, and plain jackassery. That this typical for AJ should be a clue that he is a paid performer, just out for $$$.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I do!
It's why I don't believe in any conspiracies at all. All conspiracies are just a rehash with new players, going back as far as the history of civilization.
I agree and have also stated that his book, "Voodoo Histories" should be required reading here.

Especially anytime someone brings up the "Elders of Zion" fairy tale.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
the insistence, by some, that alex should present a more mainstream, respectable, and acceptable image i.e. behave "sanely" just goes to show you...

people that live in glass houses...
and proof positive of society's "Sanity"

the prophets of old were also ridiculed/discredited by tptb of their day
this was/is made easier by the fact that the sheeplized masses did/do not understand
the message.

this is because true prophets do not preach to the masses

but to the remnant

In the year of Uzziah's death, the Lord commissioned the prophet to go out and warn the people of the wrath to come. "Tell them what a worthless lot they are." He said, "Tell them what is wrong, and why and what is going to happen unless they have a change of heart and straighten up. Don't mince matters. Make it clear that they are positively down to their last chance. Give it to them good and strong and keep on giving it to them. I suppose perhaps I ought to tell you," He added, "that it won't do any good. The official class and their intelligentsia will turn up their noses at you and the masses will not even listen. They will all keep on in their own ways until they carry everything down to destruction, and you will probably be lucky if you get out with your life."

RLMFAO! "conspiracy theorists" wanting to be more mainstream and acceptable! ROFL!

even funnier is the skeptic's recommended reading list
a-sceptical-look-at-voodoo-histories

Voodoo Histories and Iraq

Aaronovitch has expressed frustration with critics of his book, some of whom, he claims, are gripped by a monomaniacal obsession with Iraq and the missing WMDs. To ward them off, he’s pointed out that he never endorsed the government’s claims, and supported the war on humanitarian grounds. This misses the point: critics weren’t expecting a big, teary-eyed mea culpa, but some recognition of the events themselves. Volumnious evidence points towards a conspiracy to exaggerate the danger posed by Saddam Hussein – a conspiracy of a kind that the author implies is non-existent[pg.8]. It’s absurd that a book which draws the conclusion that “conspiracies aren’t powerful“[pg.309] barely touches upon this point.

Aaronovitch and “Conspiratology“

Early on, Aaronovitch takes a stab at defining “conspiracy theory”. It is, he argues…

…the attribution of deliberate agency to something that is more likely to be accidental or unintended. And, as a sophistication of this definition, one might add: the attribution of secret action to one party that might far more reasonably be explained by the less covert and less complicated action of another…It is, for example, far more likely that men did actually land on the moon in 1969 than that thousands of people were enlisted to fabricate a deception that they did[pg.7].

This is, of course, a snappy refashioning of Occam’s famous blade. It’s worth remembering here that the razor isn’t axiomatic, but a general rule of thumb. On several occasions Aaronovitch blurs the line between the certain and the merely probable, writing, for example, that he “wanted to understand just why it was that the counter-intuitive, the unlikely and the implausible would so often have greater purchase on our imaginations and beliefs than the real“[pg.15]. Aaro’s razor, however, can’t discern reality but, at best, likelihood. If the “less covert and less complicated action[s]” don’t provide a reasonable explanation a “conspiracy theory” might be needed; or, in the words of a celebrated theorist, “when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth“.

The reference to “reasonabl[e]” explanations also seems clumsy. The most reasonable explanation in any such case is the one that accords with the facts. Aaro’s razor, however, is essentially superficial: it denotes reasonability by asking how simple a theory is.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Do you think maybe they want people to know now about the Bilderbergs?

Mainstream media that is.

Maybe.
I was thinking about that myself a few days ago.
They seem to be bringing it out into the open and saying that it's no big deal.
Its the secrecy that stirs controversy, so they seem to be taking away the secrecy of it and saying how its not a big deal.
I read this article yesterday from the daily telegraph about the bilderberg meetings saying how people like the rothchilds attend and how wonderful it is and how it formed the European Union, no big deal! everythings fine!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join