It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones loses it on BBC today June 9th

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

Where is Australia? Isn't it that big icey thing on the bottom of a globe?

Sorry.. I couldn't resist, given your point there. You make a good one too. Alex sometimes comes off as the global chaser of ultimate truth. Yet, there is a great deal happening in that 'Land Down Under' and I think TPTB know full well that even the AJ's of the world tend to overlook and ignore it. So, what better place to do the nasty stuff? When a UFO crashes in the outback and no one is there to hear it, did it even happen?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Imagine being called for an interview. Then being told to shut up as you answer the questions. Alex may be dramatic/a loon or whatever but the interviewer is rude as hell; the worst I've ever seen.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker

reply to post by thoiter

I think his ratings suggest that he's much more than a comedian.

I dont think i follow you. There are many comedians whom are very popular and have millions of fans & since we are on things british e.g Russell Brand, Billy Connelly etc.. good examples,so this hardly a convincing comeback!.

I think we all know that his popularity is not due to his (perceived) comedic value. Please, you know exactly what I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Can watch the interview here. Great stuff and apparently Alex will be back on UK TV screens again today at 7pm. The BBC are inviting him back!
edit on 10-6-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Interesting that they had David Aaronovitch on with him. Whilst he is a regular guest on BBC political shows, he has already written about debunking conspiracy theories and has appeared on Coast to Coast AM flogging his wares. Obviously they were hoping for fireworks, and they got them.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

In my opinion, it is quite simple why Alex Jones acts the way he does while simultaneously spouting real information.

His persona is simply a tool that serves to discredit anyone who agrees with his opinions. Alex Jones is the most "famous" or accessible conspiracy theorist to the mainstream media, therefore, anyone who shares in his opinions is automatically associated with being a raving lunatic. So, in essence, he isn't a threat to the powers that be, and the fact that he says things that are in fact true, only benefits TPTB even more, since now the truth is being associated with being a raving lunatic, so people will go back to their more popular opinions that are associated with being sane.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Spot on. That's why they give him airtime - they're giving him enough rope to hang himself, and anyone else who is a "conspiracy theorist" by proxy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
To a great deal of the general public, Alex Jones represents us. ATS and other sites like this.

True. And when ever Alex Jones looks silly ... we all look silly.
No matter if we go along with Jones's theories or not.
He's THE high profile conspiracist. So when he 'steps in it' ... we all look bad.
And that makes the government very, very happy.

I read this same feeling being expressed over and over...

Why is it people fear being judged... because of what Alex Jones say or does?
What does his being a fool on BBC have to do with them....or the people they talk to?

I'm sorry, but I find that to be utterly silly and ridiculous. Here's an idea. Speak your own
mind and let the chips fall where they may... you could take a clue from AJ in this regard.

edit on 10-6-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4
Was hoping alex would arrive in the uk and the one gun owner left in the country would turn up and shoot that fat clown in the face........the irony and confusion would be priceless.

That's the elitist way of dealing with people you disagree with; just kill those you feel are beneath you.

Maybe that's why they don't allow guns in UK...too many elitists running around.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceNLove123

This is typical for the UK, even in conversation, people do it, the general public, because they are being more sheeple than sense, they are going along with the 'mock anyone that differs' policy, honestly, if you spent any length of time here and dared to be different or to speak out about such things you would soon know about it. The UK is not the land of free speech and free thought.

Here are the government leaders, this is how they spend their days, that and living in public funded expensive houses, opening supermarkets and being held on a pedestal by those seeking favours in return, same for certain 'esteemed and respected' journalists, they 'earned' it following the party line, not from speaking their minds or the truth.

The governments of the world are mostly a farce, how can people take such pantomine seriously, surely education has evolved the minds of the populous for mass questioning and mass action on such a charade.

edit on 10-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
reply to post by Kody27

Spot on. That's why they give him airtime - they're giving him enough rope to hang himself, and anyone else who is a "conspiracy theorist" by proxy.

Yes, of course... but so what?

It takes a few brave souls to shake thing up... and the more they do, the less
people will care about being judged by others... people in general need to
care far less what other think of them.... and care more about facts
and the reality of where we are headed (...the wrong direction).

Thanks to Alex Jones there are fewer cowards in the world and more men
and women of courage... that is his real spiritual legacy and impact on the
world we live in. We all learn by imitation, and most people have been in
the mode of learning cowardice by seeing it on display all around them.
AJ is only called a "shocking" person because the breaks the trance.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123
Imagine being called for an interview. Then being told to shut up as you answer the questions. Alex may be dramatic/a loon or whatever but the interviewer is rude as hell; the worst I've ever seen.

Alex Jones was being told to shut up because he would not let anyone speak, kept over talking others and was being rude. He was told to shut up because he should have taken the previous polite cues to let someone else speak.

Regards

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker

reply to post by thoiter

I think his ratings suggest that he's much more than a comedian.

I dont think i follow you. There are many comedians whom are very popular and have millions of fans & since we are on things british e.g Russell Brand, Billy Connelly etc.. good examples,so this hardly a convincing comeback!.

Doug Stanhope is a comedian, Bill Hicks was a comedian, George Carlin ...
I could go on..
Limbo

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I got the impression that anything he said would somehow be made out as stupid and making the guy out a clown, regardless of how little he said or how irate his tone. Perhaps it was intentional, oh let's downplay conspiracies by mocking those that even consider the possibility of all not being as it seems, ''oh I know how about that Alex Jones guy, he's sure to be getting angry and sounding like a loon'' ''job done''.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just want to congratulate Alex on his BBC appearance. Don't worry about the rudeness Alex, the Brits can handle it.

They wouldn't have had him on unless they took him seriously.

My only complaint about Alex is not about his manners, which are fine considering the urgency of the issues he discusses, it is that I think he would communicate more effectively if he didn't try to communicate so much in so short a time. I think he would do better with one or two killer points rather than with a blunderbussful of info-shrapnel.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
You don't go on another show, an act as if it's your show.
You try to work within the framework of whatever opportunity you are given.
Jones didn't even attempt to do that. He tried to make ALL of his points at once.
He spouted a tirade of Conspiracy related "bumper-stickers" one after the other.

He didn't even attempt to allow himself to be interviewed.

He could have had himself invited back some other time, for some other topic. But no, he had to self-promote, barely taking a breath. Whatever Alex. do you have a calmer, more self-controlled protege anywhere? You could do us a favor and retire?

Very good point, I thought the same thing.... maybe he would best serve the people by using his site as an outlet but have a smart, level-headed person with manners be his mouthpiece for confronting the media while AJ's does the research AWAY from the cameras!
As you say instead of trying to get EVERY conspiracy theory he has ever dealt with shouted out (in what an English teacher of mine once called 'diarrhea of the mouth') he should of addressed what they were talking about and said something like "These are scary dangerous times (and people) folks, go to my website and you will see a lot of other videos about how the public is being lied to!".
ATS'ers that love him can say he needs to be that way (loud and mouthy) all they want but I disagree, as someone (like myself) that is scared of a government that wants to completely rule us and the World, Alex Jones is not the mouthpiece I want to represent me or my ideas!
edit on 10-6-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here's Jones today on the Kaiser Report.

I thought he was just doing his thing on the BBC show, if they did their research they would have seen how he went off on Piers Morgan earlier in the year. I can only imagine this is exactly what they wanted on their show, Jones even says himself in the video above (filmed today) that the BBC had been provoking him looking for a reaction.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Pathetic bs.

There's so much pathetic bs on this thread.

Alex haters are no better than any other tool in society.

You think you're better than society because you know a few conspiracy theories? You understand yourself to be informed? No, you're not. You know better than no one. Know why?

Because what I've seen of Alex haters, they're no different than any other haters out there.

Tools.

Racists use discrimination and stereotypes to hate, same with sexists, same with anyone who looks for something to hate in order to fill the empty void in them. But you think, because you're not doing something "as bad" as ordinary discrimination, and because you have some insider knowledge just because you have an ATS account, you think you're smart and justified enough to hate someone over anger and marketing tactics.

I'll lay out everything that's wrong with you Alex haters one more time.

1 - Marketing tactics does not make one a disinformation agent.

2 - All predictions will be hit-and-miss. No matter who makes them. Human beings are not psychic, and one cannot be judged for a couple failed predictions (even though you all somehow manage to avoid his correct predictions when bashing him).

3 - There is no back for the Zionist conspiracy. The Alex Jones Zionist shill argument is ignorant fluff, and entirely invalid.

4 - While its understandable that the MSM intends to make fun of Jones, the fault lies more with the people misinterpreting his actions as lunacy. Anyone who would not be angered by the current state of the world ought not to have a right to bash those who do.

5 - None of you are out there doing what Alex does.

Get over yourselves. Stop following Alex Jones threads just to bash the followers.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Lunatic or Genius - Alex Jones?

While at first it may appear that the simple answer is lunatic, coming across as a raging and ranting personality with no manners who can easily be thought of as just another conspiracy goon. Think about this, Alex associates media with TPTB and their push for information dissemination which he adamantly attacks quite often and refers to himself along with his show as the only real news anyone reports.

Now given that Jones understands how TPTB seemingly work and how they will discredit anyone against the agenda, he is invited to be a guest on the BBC. Alex probably understands that he is being invited to the lions den for a possible setup to discredit him since they interview by their rules and will move the interview in their best interest. Jones realizes that he must be in control even if it means looking like a lunatic, it's safer to come across as a lunatic and live to fight another day, than to be cornered and discredited on account of limited time and editing.

Also think about this, Jones knows he is dealing with and extension of the TPTB. He is invited as a guest and one of the guests tells Jones, if their really was such a thing as TPTB with an agenda wouldn't they have killed you already? This in my opinion for anyone that's paying attention must have raised a major flag. A direct/indirect message to Jones referencing death! Which of course was asked in context to send the message indirectly. What happened next, Alex immediately took to offense and just unloaded as much content as possible disregarding the panel. If you were Alex on that show and a direct question from what Alex believes are TPTB at work ask you why are you still alive, knowing their could be thousands of other more civil questions that could have been asked this is what they had on their mind. It just goes to show that sometimes pleading insanity can save your life.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Alex Jones loses it on BBC today June 9th

Jones was wrong to allow himself to be ripped and pasted on the BBC to begin with. The Bilderbergs no doubt have far better connections to the upper echelon of what used to be a respectable and independent world news service. He was roasted and toasted as ordered.

Beyond that, any respect or trust for the BBC has to go out the window.

Alex Jones is already widely reviled for saying things most anyone would fear even thinking. It doesn't make his observations always right but you either respect the man for the stones it takes to speak his mind or confess yours are much smaller.

On one side, a man with his own ideas that sometimes scares people.
On the other side, a collection of people with more money and power than many nations... who probably enjoyed paying the BBC for this take down of the guy.

edit on 10-6-2013 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join