It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists, their own worst enemy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I was watching a lot of the Bilderberg livestreams over the last few days. On the one hand I thought it was great that so many turned up to protest. It's all well and good talking on the Internet, but getting along to a protest, requires that extra effort.

I guess my problem is with those who claim to represent these protesters. Alex jones and David Icke, were treated like rock stars turning up to a music festival.

Now when the mainstream media want to interview the 2 big guys. They speak to Alex Jones or David Icke. Now I happen to think both are genuine characters, but they are both extremely compromised by their outrageous beliefs in Ickes case and outrageous behaviour of Alex Jones.

They both make it so easy to ridicule anyone who believes what they say. They make conspiracy theorists look like they are mentally deranged in some way.
David Icke drags along the reptilian millstone, while Alex Jones is their bull horning screaming "die NWO scum".

If I was one of the elite attending the Bilderberg conference, i would probably view the likes of Jones and Icke as a good way of muddying the waters and providing easy targets for the main stream media to use to ridicule those who are concerned about Bilderberg.
edit on 9-6-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thats a good point. Its ok having a "Leader" or someone to represent the conspiracy theorists who is famous. But some of the things they come out with is cringe worthy!. And David Icke well, I don't know what the hell happened to him over the years since his sports presenting days. He might well be on the PTB payroll to come out with outrageous stuff. Well if he is, He is doing a damned good job!
edit on 9-6-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I posted this thread before, Alex Jones was just on the BBC Sunday breakfast, I heard him ranting from the TV downstairs. Andrew Neil, called him the worst guest he'd ever had. Just making people who are concerned about Bilderberg look like fruit cakes.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I posted this thread before, Alex Jones was just on the BBC Sunday breakfast, I heard him ranting from the TV downstairs. Andrew Marr, called him the worst guest he'd ever had. Just making people who are concerned about Bilderberg look like fruit cakes.

I watched that too, I wanted to link it here but it's not on youtube or BBC iplayer yet...
It is a shame conspiracy theorists have to be associated with people like that... the way he was sitting their listening and then just starts screaming like a little kid in a tantrum

Absolutely classic
it's made my day already

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I watched it too, Alex Jones was totally over the top, with his SHOUTING...why can he not just talk normal.

I was embarrassed for him!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Andrew Neil tweeted that after the cameras were off, Jones was all quiet. It was all an act.

Maybe its a good thing, he was trending on twitter within seconds.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Jones is an absolute clown. Some people will realise he's faking. Others will take him seriously and conclude he's a fruitcake. Either way, the average person on the street is just going to laugh at everything he says. His corporate masters will be rubbing their hands all the way to the bank.

Icke really is a fruitcake. So hopelessly detached from reality, it's embarrassing. If we were both standing outside and he told me it was raining, I'd still look up to check.

By turning up to the Bilderberg meeting with Icke and Jones, the conspiracy theorist community has publicly discredited itself.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists, their own worst enemy?

Absolutely. There are some really far out posts at this site as well.
Some of them are really an embarrassment.
One of many ATS Boston Bomber threads

edit on 6/9/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Here is the clip,

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I pointed out that this was a circus and would turn into the AJ DI road show and was ridiculed for it.

I glad AJ has had this exposure and he slipped up, The very first day he ranted that it does not matter who you vote in the bilderbergers just change them when the one in power gets bad press its pointless voting.

I thought " Nice One" Ive been saying for years why is AJ having money bombs for Ron Paul with him being a republican standing as a Republcan, RP is on the inside and all of Jones followers are on the outside.

Constantly people say he wakens people up, I have to disagree he has led people into the democrat and Republican debate took peoples money for a republican candidate.yet stands in Watford and says Governments are a farce and the Biderberg run everything.

Next time the money bomb will be for Jesse or Rand paul.

AJ you would put the Pied Piper to shame.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
^^ Well said pavmas! Have a star for that.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Good call.
What a circus is right. I heard our local hate-radio jock was venting in his weekly 'news'paper column late this past week about the CTs all being 'whack-jobs'.
What was the term Rachel Maddow used to refer to the so-called conspiracy theorists? Was it whack-jobs?
What an agenda. What a show.
What a shame a good lot of people believe these con artists.
Alex is the actor. He's good at it and real good at playing crazy, albeit an act.
Anyone find the timing interesting of that new medical condition for those that appear to defy authority, and very soon after the leading 'whack-job' goes full-steam?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Most conspiracists are out of touch morons. That's why ATS is so much fun. ;-)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadarOReilly
Most conspiracists are out of touch morons. That's why ATS is so much fun. ;-)

I felt like an "out of touch moron" when I first bought Jonathan Vankin's 70 Greatest Conspiracies a few years back. I've gotta admit that it's a whole lot of fun and it's actually scary sometimes coming across something that breaks up comfortable long-held notions. Alex Jones? Maybe he's become theatric, but I remember him (together with William Cooper) for predicting 9/11. One of my favorite pieces in the Vankin book had to do with a movie stage near Vegas for the astronauts around the first Moon launch. These conspiracies are fun for the mind and I believe too many people see them in black or white. Just because there was a reported stage where the astronauts were seen doesn't mean the landing was faked. Couldn't they be there to practice their lines?! What about to save face if something went wrong? Maybe it was a "plan B" to stage it if the rocket didn't work. Yeah, this site is a lot of fun.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I was called a bit paranoid when I mentioned to friends
ten years ago their every txt and email would someday be tracked or read
for the "Interests Of national security" and called a conspiracy minded guy.

I told friends that one day a great threat would come to their 2nd amendment
I was looked at like I was crazy

After a while I just quit telling people the future forecast and wait for them to tell me
and just smile and say,. Hmmm, how about that.

I am on this site for Information,. it often requires alot of filtering, however being
in the "Know" isnt necessarily the same as being a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists, their own worst enemy? Well you might think so. To believe in a conspiracy, you have to have a reason for the conspiracy to exist. This would require some thing which would be considered out of the norm. If you have a dozen or so individuals witness to an event. Then several decades later somthing occurs which is eithere manufactured or constructed by lies. You have the begiing of the conspiracy. Who benefits, does it meet some sysmbolistic venue. Conspiracies by nature are attempt to cover some thing up. It requires active individuals to do their part History is filled with many differnt conspiracies, do you honestly believe they cant happen in this day and age? As for being their own worst enemies, if you declare the truth and it is dismissed or ignored or rediculede. You have to ask why would those individuals waste their time in rebutal. If it's a nonevent than thats what it is or is it?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have a thought...

It says in the bible... "let your eyes not look at anything evil".

That's a good point once you've had CT as a hobby for a while. As you've now seen evil. You now now it exists everywhere and anywhere in the world. Pretty much any g-v you can think of is the quintessential evil gang of oppressors. But again it's probably not worth looking at as it warps your sense of reality. Also I heard a saying "anything you fight makes you weaker for doing so" .... "and when you're at peace and have no enemies then life is so much easier". Which is why christ instructed to love your enemeies.

In anycase I'm just so tired of this world. I think it's cuz I know too much and have experienced too much. I'm just tired of everything.

top topics

join