It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Bus Driver Fired For Refusing To Take Back Facebook Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Haralson County, GA — A school bus driver was fired for refusing to take back a post he wrote on Facebook about a hungry student.
Johnny Cook was outraged to learn that one of the middle school students who rides his bus was unable to eat lunch because he was 40 cents short.
“Had it on my mind and had it on my heart and simply made the Facebook post that said that, ‘Mr. Johnny I’m hungry,’ and told the story exactly like it was,” Cook said. “I posted my phone number and said ‘the next time we have a kid at the register for 40 cent and we can’t feed him, please call me. I’ll scrape up the money.’ About 200 people liked it, loved it, did all the things that Facebook does and it just caught fire.”

www.inquisitr.com...

What the hell is wrngt with peeps. What you put on your facebook account should be none of the schools business. Further why did this young lad notget his food being only 40 cents short.. Johnny Cook has been fired and there is now a petition going round to get him his job back

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

He apparently cared for children. That type of behavior can not be allowed.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thanks OP for bringing this to light.

Obviously Johnny Cook has uncovered the truth which is why he was fired....

Priscilla Wooten 2 days ago
Stanton needs to GO!!!! Replace him with Johnny Cook! Johnny is probably one of the most kind people you will ever meet in your life. We need more Johnny Cooks out there in this world.

Andy H 1 week ago
So, will they fire the guy who sacked him for bringing BOTH issues to mainstream media? Are people stupid or what? They fire him without thinking he will go and add to that post, that they fired him for it and it would spread much faster doh

jose gonzales 1 week ago
The superintendent is a politician. They never admit wrongdoing even after caught red handed. It seems that freedom of speech is no longer protected. NO policy should prevent an individual from expressing their views on their time to whomever they wish. This is a PUBLIC school. the PUBLIC has a right to know.

Carla Henslee 1 week ago
Mr. Voss, as a parent I know for a FACT children go w/out lunch daily @ HC & other schools throughout the nation. We all know Stanton is going to try to cover his butt, & try to cover up any wrong doings made by him or the system. Yes, parents have a responsibility to send children to school with lunch money but things happen. Parents forget, children forget to take it with them, & let's face it Some parents just don't have it to send!

Oh and BTW... This didn't end with this news cast. He's been on Channel 11 in ATL and Channel 10 in Tampa Florida. SEVERAL radio stations in Georgia and Alabama. Do you think we are going to let it go back under the rug? NOPE! It took Johnny cook to open our eyes to what we were too blind to see before!

You and Stanton both can deny there is a problem but we ALL know the truth! We have seen enough of Stanton's background to know he is in this only for the money. Heck he made a list in Valdosta of the kids he wanted out of the school. SOME OF THOSE KIDS WERE SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN! Check out the Valdosta news paper bc I have MY facts straight! Thank you very much sir! Now give Johnny Cook his job back!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
hey you dummy management..facebook created for sharing and for keep up whit other! if you dont like people post something on their facebook
..TELL MARK TO CLOSED FACEBOOK FOREVER!*

*sory mods i just litle bit angry for school management

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Oo

A COOK fired for wanting to feed a child.

The policy reads in part, “Employees who post or contribute any comment or content on social networking sites that causes a substantial disruption to the instructional environment are subject to disciplinary procedures up and including termination.”

How was what he said in any way disruptive to the 'instructional' environment?

Even if it was found the kid didn't actually go through the line to get a meal, and it was fabricated, how is that a hindrance to other students, what he posted on facebook?

So they actually employ people at schools to dig through facebook searching for any references to their education 'business' ?

The entire internet just face palmed... no faces were harmed in the palming of said faces.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Seems to me that this would be an easy thing to prove or disprove one way or the other, the kid must know who turned him away, was that person interviewed? Were other kids in line that may have seen what happened? What motive would this kid have to lie, is his account indeed .40 short of the lunch he was trying to get?

Total BS firing this man and protecting the schools reputation when more than likely some idiot refused to give the kid lunch over .40......but those are the "rules"....

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thanks for the video add.. That puts it in a better perspective...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For a kid to even make up a lie about "Not being able to eat due to not having $0.40 seems to much of an elaborate lie. I mean kids lie about all kinds of things but this seems a bit too realistic for a lie..

I personally think the principal was trying to cover his own butt

top topics

join