It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saved a kitten's life!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

Did you write a thread here while back about your cat running away??? If so was just wondering if ya found her?...S&F for OP...Nice story...love a happy ending!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

It was under the sink but it's now back to the hiding spot behind the stove. No idea if it's female or male yet but I'm getting more and more attached to the name "Cardigan" that TDawgRex suggested

reply to post by TDawgRex

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That's a cutie, a smart one too. You can see love and intelligence, as-well-as gratitude, in those beautiful smiling eyes.

You saved that cat's life, kid. Damn good job!

Peace on Earth

edit on 9-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
that evens out the mirror you broke

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
that evens out the mirror you broke

No idea what you're referring to but... does it mean I get a free kitten for every mirror I break?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I learned a while ago,they end up with us for a reason ,and in reality ,they are our guardian angels ,not really the other way around .

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Good for you...
I have saved many kittens and puppies in my life as well and I think baby animals can spot or detect the energy coming from an animal lover towards them....Cats are very smart they can see it in your eyes whether you like them or not...I have always admired the love and compassion that Americans have for animals,Indians are also a great nation in that manner.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

It was under the sink but it's now back to the hiding spot behind the stove. No idea if it's female or male yet but I'm getting more and more attached to the name "Cardigan" that TDawgRex suggested

reply to post by TDawgRex

Gorgeous what a pretty face

Do I detect a hint of mischief in those eyes ?

Oh jeez the wife just saw it and is getting all broody

Cody

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yep, I bet. This cat is sneaky and is taunting me "Look at me, I'm here but you can't cuddle me!". He doesn't venture far from the stove/sink either (only when there's no one around, though), reminds me of the "Stoop Kid" from Hey Arnold!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yes,Millicent is home! gone going on three weeks

..To TOP,your kitty is beautiful!! I have a bed on my bed for the kitties,so they sleep next to my head at night,and for sure Id love to have your kitty snuggling by my head as well!!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
UPDATE

Well, it's been a couple of months now and I thought I'd post some of the stuff that Cardigan (I like to call him Sir Cardigan
) has been through.

He remained scared of people for a LONG time. My family kept thinking he was alright so they'd try to go up to him and pet him but Cardigan would run away. He continued to live under the sink and would only come at night so I decided to try some Hiccup moves (from How to Train your Dragon).

After about a week of sitting completely still for hours, watching him go about his business, he decided to trust me enough to let me tie my hair without running away (how generous of him). I knew he would need patience so I went as slow as he needed. The second week he'd accept food from my hand but only little bits of meat that he would take under the sink with him.

After about a month of this, I realized it would be cruel to keep him here against his wishes (he wouldn't come out if anyone but my grandpa and me were around) and let the door open so he could leave if he wanted. He did, but he took to living on the roof of my neighbor (under some metal parts) and I would feed him every day. Then the days came where I'd try to pet him while I fed him and he let me! Progress at last.

It took about two months of this, but he finally let me pet him openly. Just me, though, he was scared of everybody else. Sometimes he'd come inside my parents' house when the door was open but he'd panic if someone closed it. That was horrible to watch, poor thing.

Then about three months ago he finally decided to stay inside. All that time I had been getting him to respond to his name, so he'd come and hang around me, but any sudden move made him run away in a flash of gray and white fur.

Inside the house progress was slow too, but he's getting so much better now. He stretches out on the beds and begs people to pet him, he loves it but any sudden move and away he goes. Still, most of the time I can't really get out of his sight because he'll follow me along. He now lets me pick him up, cuddle him and kiss him

Well, that's about it. It was a long road but totally worth it. I like helping him because I'm broken too and see myself in him, scared, not trusting people easily, emotional trauma from when we were younger... and I want him to know that even if he's not like the other cats I will always love him and will always be there for him.

I'll leave you with a picture of my brave cat, who was named right here in ATS, Cardigan.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Damn he's gorgeous

And you made the wife all broody again, I'd only just managed to convince her a car is a bad idea at the moment.

Here we go again

Cody

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Thank you, thank you for this thread, thank you for rescuing that gorgeous being, thank you for having such compassion.

edit on 14-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: x

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thank you

Tell your wife I'll send her one of these:

Best investment ever

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee2

Well, you're very welcome. A starter cat kit for you too then

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

He looks like he is wearing a sweater. What a beauty though!

If they are stray or their parents are stray, they tend to be the stand offish cats, that don't like sudden moves.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

nixie_nox

He looks like he is wearing a sweater. What a beauty though!

I know! I always burst out laughing when I see him sitting because it really DOES look like he's wearing a sweater so the name fits.

You know, when he first started letting people pet him we would "reset" in the mornings. He wouldn't want anyone to touch him but after the first time you'd pet him, he was fine again. Then the next morning he'd get scared again. I remember thinking "Maybe he thinks we don't love him anymore"

edit on 14-2-2014 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join