It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So did anyone see that guy levitate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The guys performence is called a magician or an illusionist.Same thing as David Copperfield,Lance Burton,David Blane,etc.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

amusing performance, I must admit...

Maybe he used very strong magnets, possibly an electromagnet, to secure the staff in place and something like an exoskeleton; ingenious novelty engineering.

I'd like to see him do that in his skivvies

that's sleeveless and shorts...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

I'd like to see him do that in his skivvies

Couldn't do it. There'd be nothing to hide the support bar up the sleeve, or the small seat on the support bar....

Maybe some kind of reinforced butt underwear, but you'd have a hell of a time keeping the bar concealed with your arm throughout the illusion.

(The rug hides the slot for the cane too, with the slot hole being disguised with the pattern on the rug).

Everything has a purpose.....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
watched the beach clip and the AGT clip, both times his legs go up unnaturally fast, after that especially on the one on the stage there was a weird wobble,

watch the masked magician....the crowd are always part of the act. notice what they are wearing,"THERE IS A REASON"

really to the person asking about the levitating between buildings, saw it on the masked magician, they use a crane, very thin clear wire and the right time of day and angle ,so you can't see the wire and the crane is out of view of the camera.

it was a good trick, the guy is entertaining!
edit on 10-6-2013 by research100 because: added last sentence

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth
Ok don't go and hate on me for not posting a video, I'm on my phone so spare me. Maybe if an ATS user with a computer knows what I'm talking about you can post the video. I did do a search for America's got talent and only Simon cowells egg fiasco was shown. But a week or less ago there was this guy on America's got talent who levitated on national tv. I'm pretty skeptical about it but after a few beers I'm considering the possibility of legitness. He was in fact making vibrations with his voice and then just popped up. Yes, holding onto his cane ( which is a possibility of cheating/making the illusion of floating) but I just wanted to get anyone's opinion who has seen it. It was indeed pretty weird. Anyways for all of you people that would like to know just google America's got talent levitation. Of course Howard stern x'd him before the man could even finish and then like the hippocrit he is, took his x back after he was finished. Damn Howard.

Yes Lord Vader. People can now levitate by using the Force only, and of course no strings. This is totally amazing.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Of course Howard stern x'd him before the man could even finish and then like the hippocrit he is, took his x back after he was finished. Damn Howard.

Up until the levitation, the guy's act was pretty ridiculous. Can't fault him for X'ing. At least Stern keeps it real. Howie, on the other hand, will keep off the X just to see where it goes, which is funny at least, usually.

Hopefully, he'll have a different illusion next time, but keep with the monk character....probably the trick will be another Yogi themed one.....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It is so staged it looks foolish, is foolish, even the Howies know it.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

If you stop the video at 2:26 when he is bowing you see a large lump on his back and his left arm has very strange sharp angles and looks like it belongs to the incredible hulk, instead of this guy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
why do you guys discuss it? the answer is on the first page.

I have seen it several times in different cities, nothing special.
Even besser performances than this

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
users of the application for android "Topface" Melissa42 Mexico topface.com... woman LEVITates ... it www.youtube.com... old video from Russia girl fly
edit on 11/6/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
LINK

I bet this is also fake

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izak4K
LINK

I bet this is also fake

Yes it is. I saw that tv special. A whole 2 hours of build up for nothing. Notice how you never see the levitation from the side, only the front. Its a clever trick.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That's a cool trick.

I bet he makes a pretty penny doing that in the street.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Want to know how last night's magician did the trick with the dollar?

He has a real dollar, and a phony one on flash paper. He opens the bag of popcorn and puts the real dollar in it. He then reseals the bag with a heat sealer (prior to the performance). He has the bag in a pre-determined location backstage. He asks Howie for a dollar. He palms the dollar, switching it with his phony flash paper one (with the serial number matching the one in the bag). He uses the pad to make the switch easier. He records the serial number of the bill (Howie's bill is by now in a pocket). He goes to get the bag from the back. He comes back and does a little hocus pocus, ignites the flash paper for a nice visual, etc. to "send" it into the bag. He has Mel open the bag, and retrieves a real bill, with the matching serial number of the phony one we all saw. He can then give that bill to Howie, and then copy and use the bill he got from Howie for the next time he does it.

It's actually a pretty common illusion. Some friends of mine who are magicians did a variant of this during their stint at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios FL last year. They didn't tell me how they did it, I simply surmised it by paying close attention and with a bit of knowledge of how things are done.

Their method of switching the bill is deceptively simple. When they get it from the audience member, they put it in their pocket like they are going to keep it....then, they shrug and pull it back out of the pocket (only from an inside pocket, so it is no longer "their" bill). But then, who knows the serial numbers of the bills in their pocket?
edit on 13-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

I have to say it Seth. Gravity is real my brother. in your youtyh you have an excuse to ask these questions.
As you get older those questiond will disappear with wisdom. It's all good.

SnF
edit on 16-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join