It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So did anyone see that guy levitate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I love how most of you think you have the answers to everything.

The difference between Special Head and the other video is the very fact that as soon as the man walks away the platform stays there. Special head on the other hand walks out there. Also, the staff on the other video is connected to the platform. Special Head's staff isn't.

There is no platform, other means he is using to do this trick. Which still falls into the category of talent because he took it to a whole other level.

Oh and also not to mention...Nick Cannon would have said something with having a side view.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by Moohide

Well that's what i thought. but i guess when you're in a big audience like that, looking over everyone's heads, you're barely going to see the performer, let alone some wires.

Maybe it was the thinnest stuff they could find in the storeroom while he went "missing"? hahaha

You can't explain how he does it without wires on the beach though...

~Namaste

@0:45 when he moves his feet up, he sways on the stick noticeably. While I think it is still a trick, he does very well with hiding it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am not convinced by the guy on the beach. Special Head walked out, the guy on the beach just stands there and the staff never moves. There is also something about the beach guys dress that says there is something underneath his clothing, yes, Special Heads does also but to me not as much as the beach guy. Sorry 'Beach Guy' but 'Special Head' got one up on you.

The key to this trick is how the staff and a contraption underneath the clothing work together. Its just like the 'invisible chair' trick (google it). Just a very strong frame work built around the shape of the body, but you also dont get to see the invisible chair guy move, just like the beach guy.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
After reading through the posts if have to say that wires aren't whats helping, it's not a magic show it's America's got talent, so if there was wiring it would defeat the purpose I'd think..second after reviewing the video I did notice the rug looks as if its hiding something underneath (probably contraption to hold the staff). Special head is indeed slick at this truck but I have to agree with a fellow poster that his next stunt has to be better..he can't just do his best thing first..right?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And thanks to all who has given input, because of you I slept like a baby.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moohide
I am not convinced by the guy on the beach. Special Head walked out, the guy on the beach just stands there and the staff never moves. There is also something about the beach guys dress that says there is something underneath his clothing, yes, Special Heads does also but to me not as much as the beach guy. Sorry 'Beach Guy' but 'Special Head' got one up on you.

The key to this trick is how the staff and a contraption underneath the clothing work together. Its just like the 'invisible chair' trick (google it). Just a very strong frame work built around the shape of the body, but you also dont get to see the invisible chair guy move, just like the beach guy.

Just to be clear, the beach video and the America's Got Talent video are the same person, Special Head.

This is not the "invisible chair" trick, if you had looked it up, because.... for the 4th time (if you read the previous posts before posting)...

He lays down the stick on the ground and let go, which would mean he had to detach the equipment and re-attach it with one hand to do the invisible chair trick, which is a single welded set that doesn't come apart. This means he is doing the same trick in a very uniquely crafted way that nobody else has ever seen or performed, or it's legit and he's holding himself up with one arm.

I'm still not saying one way or the other that it's a trick or not, but I've yet to see real proof either way.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well that video is obviously a trick....if it wasn't a trick, there'd be no stick.
but it actually is fully possible.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

OK Son, calm down, the chair trick is just an example of what a strong framework can do and how this trick might be done. There are not many things to compare this levitating trick to. (No way i'm using Blaines levitating as an example). I was just using an example to compare.

The Indian video reveals a chair connected to the framework he is sat on underneath his clothing, its just that Special Head makes the trick better as (as you say for the 4th time) he lays down his stick. AND, as i said in a previous post (if you read the other posts) he WALKS out, the beach guy (also Special Head as you say) does not, he stands there which would suggest something under the sand.

The thing with the one on stage is that his staff does not go into floor or make a crease in the carpet. So may i suggest magnets? with electricity somewhere with an on/off switch to magnetise/demagnetise.

Just want an answer to this now (as i'm sure we all do, or would that spoil the trick lol). But whatever the improvement is, it is betterand more convincing on stage.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
flogging a dead horse #53

Now that people see how the trick is done, we can go to the original question that needed to be asked. If you can levitate, what is the need for a staff?

..anyone see the footage of that Dynamo guy levitate at that Jesus statue in Brazil?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of such a longtime ATS member, would you be able to put up a link to the video?

I went through the thread again and didn't see it.

Oh, never mind... I found it through Google, then read about him on various magic sites. They seem to be in agreement that he is a David Blaine/Criss Angel clone. An entertainer. They seem to think that he used edits and camera angles to do the effect. Oh, and it was rather convenient to have a crowd around him. He might want to sprinkle a few better paid actors in the crowd next time, as no one there seemed to be too blown away by what they saw. One woman wasn't even watching what was happening.

There is another video of him walking down the side of a building. The reflection on the building shows the connection for the harness that he was wearing to attach to the cable that made the illusion possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by Moohide

Well that's what i thought. but i guess when you're in a big audience like that, looking over everyone's heads, you're barely going to see the performer, let alone some wires.

Maybe it was the thinnest stuff they could find in the storeroom while he went "missing"? hahaha

You can't explain how he does it without wires on the beach though...

~Namaste

WOW~!

still impressed.. even though it might be a trick...it's a hell of a good one LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

don't have time right now .. but..this I do know.. Masters of Chi can walk on rice paper w/o tearing it..(there are YT vids out there showing such) could this be the same thing..

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I keep wishing for something like this to be proven to exist..I can still hope

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

edit on 9-6-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

He lays down the stick on the ground and let go,

If you watch it he carefully positions the stick on the ground then slides it to his left. When he stands he pivots the stick until it locks vertical. If you look at the stick it is hollow at the base, to fit over the spigot on the ground.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If there was anything rigid under his robe, it would have to be very close to his body, otherwise it would show when he walked. That kind of strong but flexible costume probably costs a lot of money to buy too. Doing some screenshots now to see if I can spot anything.

OK, so he does walk in a funny way holding his left hand stiffly both onto and off the stage. It does appear like there is something fairly rigid under his robe on the left side particularly down his arm. When he bends forward to bow, you can see it.

There are wires coming to his mat, but I think those set off the smoke from the bowl in front of the mat at the end of the performance .

There are also fairly large wrinkles in the mat at the right end of it under where he places his staff and there is obviously a hole in the end of his staff. When he places it horizonal on the mat, you can see the tube opening at the end.

So, having looked at it all, I do now think he is supported by something under his robe.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Here is the vid that I saw:
I can't get it to embed, or even link.

Search Youtube for 'Dynamo is a fraud'.
edit on 10-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
At the end of the trick when the smoke goes off, he appears to lift the stick and throws it to his right hand. Also, that landing on his tiptoes just doesnt seem natural to me, as if he is supported by something from above.

The right side of the mat also doesnt seem right. There are defo wires on the right (but might be connected to the smoke maker) as he sure doesnt create the smoke at the end. Right side is also more wrinkled than the left. There is something under the mat for sure, or it might be connected to the mat.

I reckon there is a big plate the size of the mat, and all the weight is taken by the plate on the oppposite side to the staff. The wrinkles in the mat are there probably to make it look more mat-like than just a completely flat mat.

Its all in the smallest of details to make this trick as perfect as possible and i must say, i think he executed this trick perfectly imo. The only thing he could of done to make it complete would be to roll the mat out himself in front of everyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I knew it was supports by the way he was walking. He was having a really hard time walking, and usually Yogi's are much older so it looks more natural. He was much younger, yet struggled to walk like the older Yogis. The reason is because the metal seat attached through his clothes makes it difficult. Still really neat to watch.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
His clothing conceals a framework that links into that VERY strong staff, The staff locks into the platform on the floor that also has a framework to make it rigid.

Then what do you say about this?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by VoidHawk
His clothing conceals a framework that links into that VERY strong staff, The staff locks into the platform on the floor that also has a framework to make it rigid.

Then what do you say about this?

Really? C'mon, this has been shown many times, including by the masked magician. Plus, Chris angel uses so many actors in his crowds its laughable. All of his sets are very controlled.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-6-2013 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join