It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So did anyone see that guy levitate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

My friend, just look at the people he fooled.

C grade celebs and soft headed twits who actually thought that going to see this show live was a good idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Haha well said!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Thisbseth

My friend, just look at the people he fooled.

C grade celebs and soft headed twits who actually thought that going to see this show live was a good idea.

LOL And the link posted by spanners shows why the camera kept cutting away from the guy. I wonder why I'm not rich with so many easily fooled victims just waiting.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There are 3 things that are questionable. The staff, his bulky robe and the smoke he ignited when he came down from his levitation. I would think the staff has something to do with support, and his robe is also hiding something. Why the smoke, unless he's trying to distract attention from how he's getting off the hidden support. Otherwise, it was rather freaky to watch.

I would like to see him levitate with just shorts on and without any of the other props.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Another random opinion on this from me.

There's nothing wrong with being carried away with a well performed magic trick for a while and suspending disbelief. As long as the guy isn't trying to make out that he can cure cancer or talk to your dead uncle then it's all just good fun and no need to hate

Fun is fun

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Agreed my friend.

I did laugh at the crowd reaction though, booing and heckling and then "ERMAHGERD LERVERTERTERNS!!!"

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I agree shorts and shirtless would be nice too lol then i would really trip

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Dude u make me lol haha thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The smoke is definitely his "I'm getting off the rig" diversion.

I wonder if he has any other fun tricks for his next appearance though? By then everyone will know the secret of the first one.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
His routine is just a modern twist of a fraud that has been used in India for years.

His simply uses a complex contraption under the carpet that his walking stick connects to.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Now that people see how the trick is done, we can go to the original question that needed to be asked.

If you can levitate, what is the need for a staff?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Perhaps.. but..

the guy that was one AGT, layed his stick flat on the ground before he performed his act..

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
flogging a dead horse #53

Now that people see how the trick is done, we can go to the original question that needed to be asked. If you can levitate, what is the need for a staff?

..anyone see the footage of that Dynamo guy levitate at that Jesus statue in Brazil?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
As far as i can see from the video the stick doesnt go in the floor, just on the floor. It doesnt appear to go in by any depth judging by the markings on the stick. As for the smoke, he was already standing on tip toes when he made the smoke appear.

A good trick well performed, but now he's done it he will need something different for next time, wonder what though.

Just goes to show you shouldnt judge a book by it cover, and he should have been given a chance before being booed and buzzed. Well done Special Head. (him and that judge looked like brothers lol)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread, so excuse the copy+paste...

Look above his head as he throws the smoke bomb. Replay it if you have to.

There are 2 shiny reflections that could very possibly be wires.

Screenshot below. Look back at the video and focus on the area i circled. When you see him being raised as the reflections change, it will make more sense as the reflection on the strings are synchronous with his actions. You're probably going to have to fullscreen it, but keep replaying the split second after the bomb explodes and he is raised.

It will be obvious once seen

Link to image

(Sorry i'm unable to throw the picture in this post, i'm yet to learn how such sorcery is achieved)
edit on 9-6-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

Yes, saw the 2 flashes and they could be wires. But wouldnt wires be a risk with all the lights around to give the trick away? Would have thought they would have used none reflective wires if they were going to do that.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Moohide

Well that's what i thought. but i guess when you're in a big audience like that, looking over everyone's heads, you're barely going to see the performer, let alone some wires.

Maybe it was the thinnest stuff they could find in the storeroom while he went "missing"? hahaha

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ive seen the trick before ,the difference is that instead of this being a metal-wire plate conected ,these are foldable and can be hidden under tha robe,in other words that why he 'berely' walks normally on stage because his body is attached to this armour.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by Moohide

Well that's what i thought. but i guess when you're in a big audience like that, looking over everyone's heads, you're barely going to see the performer, let alone some wires.

Maybe it was the thinnest stuff they could find in the storeroom while he went "missing"? hahaha

You can't explain how he does it without wires on the beach though...

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
Ive seen the trick before ,the difference is that instead of this being a metal-wire plate conected ,these are foldable and can be hidden under tha robe,in other words that why he 'berely' walks normally on stage because his body is attached to this armour.

How does he disconnect the equipment when he lays down the stick and lets completely go with his hand and then re-connect it with one hand when he stands it up?

Not saying it's not a trick, but some of these arguments aren't valid.

~Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join