It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So did anyone see that guy levitate?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ok don't go and hate on me for not posting a video, I'm on my phone so spare me. Maybe if an ATS user with a computer knows what I'm talking about you can post the video. I did do a search for America's got talent and only Simon cowells egg fiasco was shown. But a week or less ago there was this guy on America's got talent who levitated on national tv. I'm pretty skeptical about it but after a few beers I'm considering the possibility of legitness. He was in fact making vibrations with his voice and then just popped up. Yes, holding onto his cane ( which is a possibility of cheating/making the illusion of floating) but I just wanted to get anyone's opinion who has seen it. It was indeed pretty weird. Anyways for all of you people that would like to know just google America's got talent levitation. Of course Howard stern x'd him before the man could even finish and then like the hippocrit he is, took his x back after he was finished. Damn Howard.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Is this the video you are referring to?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Omg yes!! Thanks so much for posting that! It helps a lot. You have any opinion on the matter? Or is there already a thread about it that I seemed to miss lol

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Explanation/spoiler:

Another dude:

edit on 6/8/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, basically the performers loose fitting robe is concealing a solid metal seat that has a support on one side in the form on the "staff"

That is just my opinion of course
edit on 8/6/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Damn , thank you for your explanation and video! It all makes sence, I'm going to figure out now how we manages to hide it from everyone..he does walk on the stage like he's a constipated 68 year old man lol. And he's probably like 28...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

From the video above you what you say makes complete sence

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Just watched special heads video again and his robe isn't connected to the staff..or am drinking to much

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
His clothing conceals a framework that links into that VERY strong staff, The staff locks into the platform on the floor that also has a framework to make it rigid.

Anyone who could really levitate would have been taken by tptb.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
DP
edit on 8-6-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Your comment made me laugh. And yes it's surely an illusion, I'm just tryin to find a mistake in the performance so I can sleep at night lol

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

Watched it again, He is performing the trick very well and there is a level of finesse above the traditional gimmick shown in the "secrets of yogi" video for sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The support is definitely up his left sleeve - watch his left hand through the whole performance, he never significantly moves it & is definitely "cuffing" something when it's empty
Also Notice how he uses his right hand to put down & pick up the staff for his left & how stiff he is when he walks on stage

When they zoom in on the staff after he puts it down you can almost see a notched or concave area where the frame probably clicks in & you can see him trying to work it in with his fingers right after he picks it back up with his right hand & puts it in his left

Also - right before the smoke & when he puts his feet down - watch when he pulls up the staff - it is definitely in the ground - probably a metal plate with an inset hiding under the rug

Another tell is that @ the moment he pulls his feet up the staff flexes to the left ever so slightly under the additional weight
edit on 8-6-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

As a side note. If you want to amaze your friends with some levitation then learn the Balducci Method

It's not as spectacular as the video, but if you get it set up right with your targets in the right place then they will swear up and down that you can float. Plus you don't need any props

I've done this in front of people and it's a hell of a lot of fun
edit on 8/6/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The trick that the Yogis do with this requires the staff to be secured in the ground. That's the part I can't figure out. When did he do that?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

After reading this I will def watch again and pay close attention. It's pretty amazing how magicians and people like this fool thousands of people lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'm going to have to attempt this thank you!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

watch the moment he pulls his staff up right when he puts his feet down & throws the smoke - I'd say there's at least a 1/2" in the ground & he's probably setting it in a hole that's been drilled through a 3x4 or 3x5 steel plate laying under the carpet (don't know the size obviously..just trying to give some dimensions to help visualize it)
edit on 8-6-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
The trick that the Yogis do with this requires the staff to be secured in the ground. That's the part I can't figure out. When did he do that?

I suspect you'd find the staff has a twist to lock socket on the end. It locks into a socket hidden in the mat.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Yes I did catch that ! Well, I guess practice makes perfect !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join