It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Resonance Experiment!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

The amazing power of sound. Project yourself- you ARE energy.

Of course, it also didn't hurt that there was an earthquake then - Jericho was in a rift valley.

The energy in a bunch of drums and shofar could not topple the walls. An earthquake works really well, though.

Oh, and you are not energy. You have an energy equivalence. I have a dollar here. It has a penny equivalence. But there are no pennies in it. I can exchange it for pennies for dollars, or dollars for pennies in certain situations. But it isn't identical with pennies.

You have mass. Mass has an energy equivalence. In some situations, you can exchange energy for mass, or mass for energy. But it isn't identical with energy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Excellent! Highly complex patterns made out of chaos without the need for an intelligent designer. One more proof that a god isn't needed.

Near the end one of the images reminded me of a living cell.

Your logic is flawed, the machine that created the patters out of vibrating salt crystals was made by humans as far as I can tell.

If you are insinuating that the sub atomic and atomic particles that make up what we consider matter is self arranging because of a vibrational field, the question I need to ask is what is generating the vibrational field??

If not God then what?

The machine was built to mimic what happens naturally - sound and all sorts of vibrations. Your flawed logic dictates that god is proven because we make planes that fly, instead of proof that birds exist.

Your question of If not God then what? shows that the majority of mankind is still close-minded. The answer always has to be a god because the idea of "I don't know," is not acceptable. Throughout history the religious have inadvertently tried to shut down the advance of knowledge by injecting a god into every event.

What makes volcanoes erupt? God.
Earthquakes? God.
Hurricanes? God.
What makes the sun shine? God.

Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME, the answer of a god did it has been proven wrong. But, we're still doing it! Instead of taking a wait and see attitude, religion still wants to shut down truth and knowledge. Scientists should just stop trying to answer the hard questions because there's no need to research any further. God did it, so why look any further? If history is any indicator (and it IS!) then the odds are 99.9999999999% that a god DIDN'T do it.
edit on 6/10/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Excellent! Highly complex patterns made out of chaos without the need for an intelligent designer. One more proof that a god isn't needed.

So I take it the materials utilized in the experiment simply assembled themselves in proper position to manufacture the patterns all by their lonesome...come on...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by jiggerj

So I take it the materials utilized in the experiment simply assembled themselves in proper position to manufacture the patterns all by their lonesome...come on...

I explained in the post right above yours.

That was easy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

reply to post by new_here

Sound is how God started the universe. He simply used his voice, his WORD. You can still hear the sound in the cosmic background radiation.

I'm on board with you here! I mentioned it somewhere in this thread... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Sound is how God started the universe. He simply used his voice, his WORD. You can still hear the sound in the cosmic background radiation.

I'm on board with you here! I mentioned it somewhere in this thread... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

Wow, just wow. You start with something quite abstract like "word was god", whatever this is, and proceed to claim that "god used his voice".

Well sure if you check all of your common sense at the door, anything's possible.Like propagation of sound in... wait a second, in what exactly?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Except a Greek speaking koine wouldn't think of logos meaning 'spoken word' or utterance unless it was stated as logos prophorikos ("uttered word"). The logos of John does not use that term. Therefore it's more likely that it was meant to denote "concept", "reason" or "mental image". Although it can also mean discourse, argument etc.

And a theologian would tell you that Logos in that verse indicated Jesus, especially so given that a bit later John states "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[a] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." Not a magic spell that somehow propagates through a vacuum, but a reference to another deity.

In fact, throughout Greek philosophy, it would have been really unlikely that 'logos' was being used to identify a sound. KJV did a bad job translating it.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Oh, and you are not energy.

Yes. I am.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Wow, just wow. You start with something quite abstract like "word was god", whatever this is, and proceed to claim that "god used his voice".

Well sure if you check all of your common sense at the door, anything's possible.Like propagation of sound in... wait a second, in what exactly?

I do not seek to change your belief system. I simply wanted to share mine. If you really want to understand what I meant, it will come to you. If you don't wish to mull it over and think outside the box of what you have decided is factual, then you will see no other possibility except what "known science" tells you. I tried to accept that answer, and it didn't work for me, so I decided to think for myself and it came to me in a flash of insight. You know, the old "seek and ye shall find" concept. Try it sometime, b/c science cannot prove how the Universe began. It's all theoretical, and subject to change (as so much of science is) as new information is gathered.

Anyway, so sorry my truth sparked such concern in you. I mean that. (Because attacking others' beliefs is usually a sign that a person is uncomfortable/not feeling secure in their own. Otherwise they'd respectfully disagree, shrug & move on.) I certainly will not bully you for not sharing my belief, even though you tossed an insult at me about common sense.

Peace & Love / Live Long & Prosper

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Anyway, so sorry my truth sparked such concern in you. I mean that. (Because attacking others' beliefs is usually a sign that a person is uncomfortable/not feeling secure in their own.

Oh I see, you are actually a shrink in addition to being a theology expert. Well, some beliefs are attacked simply because they are patently silly, and for no other special reason. I thought that was plain to see.

I certainly will not bully you for not sharing my belief, even though you tossed an insult at me about common sense.

I made a statement that "god using his voice" as an instrument of creation is incompatible with common sense. It is fully compatible with mysticism etc but heck, common sense must tell you what voice is, what sound is, and that the sounds needs a medium to propagate in. So I'm sorry, you can't have it both ways. I'm not against anybody who believes in tooth fairy or Cthulhu, but I find that it's preposterous to consider such beliefs as a product of common sense.

Dictionary

Common sense - sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts

You are telling me that I'm insecure only to construe a simple statement like that as an insult. Who's insecure now?

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Yes. I am.

That's great! I thought that maybe you were Shaka Zulu or Napoleon, but "energy" will do nicely.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Yes. I am.

In what way, pray tell? And which sort? There are a limited number of types to choose from.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Early in my career, I worked for DEC, and was assigned the University of Lowell (MA) mechanical engineering department, to help develop CAD systems, using VAX hardware. The head of the department was a real smart PHD, who specialized in Modal Analysis. He was doing all sorts of experiments like those shown, to figure out the modal qualities of certain structures and how they absorb and radiate sound energy. His specialty was tuning submarine propellers for the US Navy, so that they displayed the least amount of resonance and cavitation at high RPM. Heady stuff, and it just shows one of the real world uses for such a weird scientific phenomena.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

reply to post by Bedlam

Yes. I am.

In what way, pray tell? And which sort? There are a limited number of types to choose from.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Although we are veering more and more off topic, and probably will get our posts deleted, I will tell you. I am spirit energy inhabiting a human framework. The spark of life burns within us all. It is a form of energy, and it is who we really are. The body is just a vehicle. Whether you believe that spark came from God, or the Universe in general, it is what it is-- you can put together all necessary components of a human body, but you cannot give it life (because you cannot give it spirit energy- the essence of life.)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

The amazing power of sound. Project yourself- you ARE energy.

Of course, it also didn't hurt that there was an earthquake then - Jericho was in a rift valley.

Source please. Or is this what you believe is more likely? Just wondering because it reads like a statement of documented fact- that an earthquake is known to have occured during the march around the city.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Yes. I am.

That's great! I thought that maybe you were Shaka Zulu or Napoleon, but "energy" will do nicely.
I am a Fairy Princess, can't you see? And I will sprinkle Magical Fairy Energy Dust upon you if you play nicely.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How does a thread like this make it to this many pages lol?

This stuff has been around since the 60's and gets refferenced nearly every other week on this forum alone...

Cymatics : This is the video generating those "word of god" comments.

It's a cool experiemnt sure, but nothing new.

Here's some vids for Non-newtonian Fluid: it takes a 3d stucture under resonance.

And here is possibly a david bowie vampire cult leader giving a speech to some zombiefied money doners on the structures formed in water using the same princapels.

PS: Beware vampire cult leaders speaking "science"

edit on 11-6-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

When I use a hammer to drive a nail, I don't think I need to consider frequency to look at energy transfer etc.

Your hammer has velocity, and so does the nail when hit by the hammer. DeBroglie's equation gives you the wavelength for any velocity.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

When I use a hammer to drive a nail, I don't think I need to consider frequency to look at energy transfer etc.

Your hammer has velocity, and so does the nail when hit by the hammer. DeBroglie's equation gives you the wavelength for any velocity.

You see, equations can give you any sort of bull. You can't just apply any equation meaningfully. Of course the hammer will have some nominal number for wavelength, and so will a car. It's way outside of realm of applicability though. You can't have a superposition of three hammers.

It's about as meaningful as going the other way around, i.e. describing an electron with precise coordinates.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I explained in the post right above yours. That was easy.

If you call this an explanation...

The machine was built to mimic what happens naturally...

...then once again, I ask you drop the cheesy grin and understand that some outside force (in this case a human) built the machine...the machine did not build itself...comprendo?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join