It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blavatsky Unveiled.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well, the end isn't very nice, ATS, and I almost hate to even say how it went down. If you add the British guy, and the other two Russian guys Helena Blavatsky was nearly unique for her time. As some of you might have realized, I am mostly going with Colin Wilson; but I have managed to find some of the documents from the investigation that was done by the Society for Psychical Research. I'm sorry to say that the added detail doesn't make for a better outcome for Helena, but to me it was clear in the end that she had underestimated the hired help.

If you can believe it, it was Daniel Home that finally chased Helena and her new Theosophical Society out of England. Home wrote a nasty article about Blavatsky and Helena decided it was time to go to India. Like the Beatles, they had met a Swami; Olcott had managed to become connected with one Swami Dyananda, and Theosophy was somehow officially merged with Dyanada's Arya Smaj. The Theosophical Society found themselves, after much struggle and financial loss, the details of which must go unwritten, established in a very welcoming India.

Despite Wilson's weird timeline, it seems to me that Blavatsky,Olcott and the gang had been in India for a little more than a year when Helena was contacted by a pair of old friends. She had met Emma Alexis Cutting and Alexis (Alex) Coulomb in Cairo, and it seems as thought it was the three of them that were involved together when Blavatsky had been caught out with the stuffed glove in 1871. Now, Emma and Alexis Coulomb were calling on Helena 8 years later, in 1879, because they were broke.

Buckle up folks, the end is going to come really fast now; you're going to find as I did that this is going to be one of those "What was she thinking" moments. Of course, being the generous being that Helena was, she took Emma and Alexis in and put them to work cleaning house and gardening. The end came in 1884, that's important, because, it shows that 5 long years passed with Emma and Alexis serving Blavatsky and the

Theosophical Society as Chelas. It's important because Emma and her 1 eyed carpenter husband, Alex, have been accused of plotting Blavatsky's downfall since Cairo (1871). I disagree, and you might too when you read how this winds down.Five years in to India and Helena thinks that it is safe to return to England. She leaves behind Olcott, who is running all over India, being converted to Buddhism, writing Buddhisto-Olcottian diatribes and opening Theosophical centres. As soon as she is out of the ashram, the Coulombs go straight to the next best thing to the press, The Christian College Magazine.

Ok, hang tight; turns out the Theosophical Society was really pissing off the Christian missionaries in the region; yes the whole country. Strong stuff right out of the gate, that Theosophy. Anyway, seems to me that all of this seems to have coincided with the Coulomb's burgeoning new Christian conscience and it sounds like especially Emma was sick of being treated poorly and like she was stupid by Helena, so she blabbed her head off.

Emma told all about how she had been ordered by Helena to create the head for what became known as Christofolos. Christofolos was the mannikin that Blavatsy used to simulate the 'Mahatmas' especially, Koot Hoomi. By Emma's own account, she was harassed by Blavatsky in to getting her husband Alex Coulomb to walk all about the ashram and its environs, so that folks like A.P. Sinnett could see the 'Ascended masters'. Alex had it down to a routinous walk that often ended with him hoisting Christofolos on a stick to give the appearance of disembodied spirits.

Emma also told of how Alex was also used to sneak letters to visitors in the night, and of course, he was a carpenter. This all happened just as the Society for Psychical Research had contacted Blavatsky and asked to investigate her. She happily obliged, just as The Christian College Magazine dropped its bombs, which had been provided by Emma. The Society, which had planned a favorable review, suddenly changed its tone, and that was right about when the first plagiary accusation came in from America; about which I will not go in to detail.

And so, When Richard Hodgson, the investigator from the Society for Psychical Research after whom the Hodgson Report is named got to India, he found Alex's carpentry work and Emma's mannikin, Christofolos. As Helena struglled to get back to India in time to do who-knows-what about the situation, her health collapsed.

One of the Chelas at the ashram (you can imagine the scene there), in his attempt to batten down the hatches, had tried to help show Hodgson that there were no trap doors by pounding on a wall, which released a plastered-up trap-door. Hodgson was just finishing up his report, and the Coulombs were securely in the arms of the missionaries when Helena finally returned to India

And they all wandered off together and danced a merry dance in silhouette against an eternally setting sun in an Ingmar Bergman film. Except for Helena, who wandered the earth writing The Secret Doctrine until she died of Bright's Disease

I will be happy to fill in, if anyone has any Qs. Thanks to everyone for spinning by.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Dear Bybyots,

Thank you for this thread. One is thoroughly enjoying it.

Sincerely,
FBB
edit on 11-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey Folks,

I was just over on this thread about the Aryans in India...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Members happened to be talking about the Aryans and Hitler so I chimed in to add that Hitler and the SS had been influenced originally by Blavatsky...

Blavatsky argued that humanity had descended from a series of "Root Races", naming the fifth root race (out of seven) the Aryan Race. She thought that the Aryans originally came from Atlantis

"The intellectual difference between the Aryan and other civilized nations and such savages as the South Sea Islanders, is inexplicable on any other grounds. No amount of culture, nor generations of training amid civilization, could raise such human specimens as the Bushmen, the Veddhas of Ceylon, and some African tribes, to the same intellectual level as the Aryans, the Semites, and the Turanians so called.

The 'sacred spark' is missing in them and it is they who are the only inferior races on the globe, now happily -- owing to the wise adjustment of nature which ever works in that direction -- fast dying out. Verily mankind is 'of one blood,' but not of the same essence. We are the hot-house, artificially quickened plants in nature, having in us a spark, which in them is latent"

en.wikipedia.org...

And then it struck me; how bizarre is it that the Aryans are thought to have brought the caste system to India with them, and Blavatsky goes to India and very damned nearly re-injects the nasty fascist virus back in to Europe and America, and, in fact, she does in Germany.

I know it's a stretch on my part, but geez, talk about 'the white man's burden'.

Is that weird or is it just me being weird?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ooooops!

I apologize readers, it looks like I am not the first to go for such an obvious title; I was beat to the punch over 100 years ago...

Blavatsky Unveiled by William Emmette Coleman. Bombay, India. 1892

Bogus Mahatmic Manifestations:

"From an article headed “She”, written by a lady member of the Theosophical Society, published in the Religio-Philosophical Journal, June 22, 1889, we learn that, according to the testimony of a lady who lived in the same house with Madame Blavatsky in New York, the latter was...

"wont to play ‘occult’ tricks --- she was quite an expert at Legerdemain --- on Col. Olcott, and to constantly call him a d----d fool, and to quarrel with him in the fiercest manner. Furthermore, that she deliberately broke up several families by professing to have some occult knowledge which must lead to that result.”"

His is much better than mine, hands down. Hope you all check it out.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
For those members that were as disappointed as I was that the *Window of Opportunity* thread was closed, it looks like we may finally get to learn about Pythagorean Hylozoics...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I sincerely would have been bummed out if we had not had the chance to see it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And then it struck me;

how bizarre is it that the Aryans are thought to have brought the caste system to India with them, and Blavatsky goes to India and very damned nearly re-injects the nasty fascist virus back in to Europe and America, and, in fact, she does in Germany.

I know it's a stretch on my part, but geez, talk about 'the white man's burden'. Is that weird or is it just me being weird?

i think you're doing a good job of explaining all this so far, the theosophical movement in general, the links to tibet and facism. all that's remaining is the modern day conclusion

about what you've quoted above.. i believe there are some associated leads to follow here in the Taxil/Pike letters (even if they are 'fake') ..read them thoroughly and you will recognize the terminology and relevance. i say you are right to focus on the eastern religions.

i think there are also some interesting leads to follow here in an interview conducted with a 'Leo Zagami' by the 'project camelot' conspiracy research team. (i would caution people to be very wary of that whole movement, including the disclosure project)

there is also a direct line to be traced in all this (modern times) with jordan maxwell to david icke, zechariah sitchin, manly palmer hall and back to blavatsky and friends again.. (a good research springboard here is the 2009 LA awake and aware conference)

people who are following all this can put all this together.. i'm just trying to help flesh the story out. thanks for creating this topic. there is much work to be done yet but the story is now coming together for all to see.

i think we're living in interesting times

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
While Blavatsky somehow had a stronghold on late19th and early 20th Century metaphysics, there really must have been a hunger and lack of reference, oh wait, there was no internet or amazon.com then...

I have read The Secret Doctrine (abridged) and have an unabridged copy of Isis Unveiled. 100+ or so pages into Volume 1 Science, I get so dulled out with her bashing of the people in her day...

Bash, bash, bash,...blah blah blah.

I cant read her spewing hatred... Make your point Helena!

How did she pull off what she did?
edit on 30-6-2013 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Blavatasky was the most erudite woman who ever lived. All you can quote is obscure pygmy minds who had some hang-up about her and published unproven slander about her dressed up as facts. For example, the throughly discredited Hodgson report. In 1986, Vernon Harrison, a research worker of disputed documents, did a research on the Hodgson report. According to Harrison's examination, published in the SPR's journal (see here) the Hodgson Report is not a scientific study, it "is flawed and untrustworthy" and "should be read with great caution, if not disregarded." (Harrison 1997) Harrison stated:

"I cannot exonerate the SPR committee from blame for publishing this thoroughly bad report. They seem to have done little more than rubber-stamp Hodgson's opinions; and no serious attempt was made to check his findings or even to read his report critically. If they had done so (...) the case would have been referred back for further study. Madame H. P. Blavatsky was the most important occultist ever to appear before the SPR for investigation; and never was opportunity so wasted"[Harrison,Vernon: (1997) H. P. Blavatsky and the SPR].

Harrison says about the Hodgson Report that "whereas Hodgson was prepared to use any evidence, however trivial or questionable, to implicate HPB, he ignored all evidence that could be used in her favor. His report is riddled with slanted statements, conjecture advanced as fact or probable fact, uncorroborated testimony of unnamed witnesses, selection of evidence and downright falsity."

He concluded that Hodgson's case against Blavatsky is not proven, and that there is no evidence that the Mahatma Letters were written by her. However, the Hodgson report did not just deal with forgery, but addressed the crude psychic tricks he claimed were used by Blavatsky such as her seances where spirits respond to her with "raps" on the table and the dropping of Mahatma Letters from the ceiling and onto peoples heads. The Vernon Harrison report excoriates Hodgson on his failure to conduct himself properly as a scientific investigator (he was NOT a scientists, it should be noted). We now know that, far from being impartial, Hodgson had already made up his mind about Blavatasky long before his trip to India! His report was nothing more than a hitpiece masquerading as a scientific investigation and concocted by himself and his SPR colleagues as part of their general, ideological attack on Spiritualism and the paranormal. Most members of the SPR have now disowned this dishonest and shoddy piece of work, yet the myth remains and gets repeated by ignorant people who cannot research the literature properly and impartially and who merely parrot whatever they find that agrees with their prejudiced views.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Bash, bash, bash,...blah blah blah.

Yeah, man, that's par for the course when it comes Theosophy. They had a 'scorched earth' policy that began with Blavatsky and Olcott and continued until they ran out of people to bash, and so they fell upon one another like rabid dogs and tore themselves to pieces. That's how we got the 8th Sphere stuff out of A.P Sinnett.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Blavatasky was the most erudite woman who ever lived.

I disagree, Blavatsky was an exemplar of the type of creative writer that many were engaged in trying to become during that era; but she was hardly the best at it.

Atwood was better at it, and more original, and preceded Helena by 50 years.

Nostalgia much?

edit on 2-7-2013 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Having read through the above I almost feel I have to hand my head in shame for having been a Theosophist and attending the local Theosophical Lodge. However, I won't because I don't regret it for one second.

With regards to what Theosophy stands for its "No religion is greater than truth". That is exactly what I believe.

I happened to live near a Theosophical Lodge and went along after reading the topics for talks it advertised. I found it provided a unique forum where people of different religions could attend and discuss different topics. Some of the talks were very interesting and as people came from different religions, countries etc it usually led to good discussions and greater understanding. Blavatsky was in no way rammed down ones throat, alothough the literature about her and other Theosophists was all available. I don't feel I can comment on the truth about Blavatsky, only her legacy as I have benefitted from it.

I have met people who saw Krishnamurti who was supposedly the prodigy of Theosophical instruction. One of them was my GP a solid No Nonsense Northener, who told me he "had never seen a man so Christlike, it was almost as though he floated rather than walked". I know he considered he had been in the presence of a very holy man. Several other people said pretty much the same thing.

The lodge also had a terrific library covering not only a number of religions and obscure belief systems but also unusual books on many occult subjects through to books on specific religious persons etc. For anyone like myself who was searching for something in religion that up till my mid 40's had eluded me, I found the Lodge was the only place I could really research some of the things that fascinated me.

I wanted my sons to have a mixed education and so they went to both State and Private Schools and also to a
Steiner School. The Steiner education although ignorring the computer, was based on teaching them how to think for themselves, how they fitted into their environment and it enabled them to develop a broader perspective. Sport facilities etc were sacrificed but there was more emphasis on art, music and theatre. Both boys felt they benefitted from not staying within one system only.

I am still slowly reading through the Secret Doctrine. I haven't yet picked up any plagiarism but I will keep my eye open for it.

I don't find Spiritualism is the way for me, however one of my sons appears to have a propensity for it however he has chosen to ignore it up to now.

I tend to try to keep an open mind on most things and keep the ideal of truth in religion although I do not consider myself strictly as a Theosophist.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey Guys, first time posting on here. Looking forward to being a part of this site. I happen to agree that Helena Blavatsky was a conn artist, who preyed upon human's need for connection with a higher power. Someone mentioned above in one of the posts, that it really all does come down to grace. True spirituality is offering oneself freely, offering a gift to another human being, simply because you know it's the right thing to do. The problem and danger I found with Theosophy and many of it's followers, is that it puts a price on obtaining "hidden knowledge" they make you feel so special, once you adopt their doctrines. The problem is though, it's all deception. Theosophy is derived from the mystery schools, and is playing it just in a slightly different form via the new age movement. Blavatsky, Aleister Crowley, Manley P. Hall, Alice Bailey among many others have actually advocated satanic beliefs and attempted to cloak them in the light, cleverly using half truths that prey upon vulnerable people who are genuinely searching for the truth.
The best thing to do, is to adopt a behaviour where you study the root of everything, study people's motives, study the history behind the history( not just because an eloquent speaker like a Michael Tsarion tells you it's the truth) and this one never fails for the most part, "follow the paper trail" eventually If you work hard, and genuinely seek the truth with all your heart, God will reveal to you exactly what you've been searching for. It requires patience, discipline and faith

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

You know, I haven't read the entire thread....and it's late in the thread day; however, this is pertinent info no matter the time....who even knows what time or year it is due to time dilation.

And having said that, this is my point to what I see as High Judgement going on in this thread.....

I know many member participating here. We have all discussed erased and replaced, do-over history, time dilation, etc.....so I find it disingenuous of everyone to draw conclusions nowadays about ANY history or socalled HISTORICAL figure. We are quite obviously living in times (pardon the pun) where it is up for spinning, so to speak, and this is one way of doing it here, and laying it down in concete.

Every second I was reading the thread, I was thinking of Mick Jagger's lyrics in Sympathy for the Devil: I am a man of wealth and taste. Made sure Pilatte washed his hands and sealed his fate. Was there when Anastasia screamed in vain.....etc....

if it's all happened before, and we've all been here before, as other identities, it is time we started directly reflecting and stating and interpreting through that particular MIRROR, instead of using it as a way to inculcate the
"fresh" masses and incoherent soul or fish, describe it as you will, it all adds up to the same.
Sorry,Bybyots, like and appreciate and respect your threads and intellect, but I see a definitive pattern of certain member and "revisionist" history going on here.....
Respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
Having read through the above I almost feel I have to hand my head in shame for having been a Theosophist and attending the local Theosophical Lodge. However, I won't because I don't regret it for one second.

With regards to what Theosophy stands for its "No religion is greater than truth". That is exactly what I believe.

I happened to live near a Theosophical Lodge and went along after reading the topics for talks it advertised. I found it provided a unique forum where people of different religions could attend and discuss different topics. Some of the talks were very interesting and as people came from different religions, countries etc it usually led to good discussions and greater understanding. Blavatsky was in no way rammed down ones throat, alothough the literature about her and other Theosophists was all available. I don't feel I can comment on the truth about Blavatsky, only her legacy as I have benefitted from it.

I have met people who saw Krishnamurti who was supposedly the prodigy of Theosophical instruction. One of them was my GP a solid No Nonsense Northener, who told me he "had never seen a man so Christlike, it was almost as though he floated rather than walked". I know he considered he had been in the presence of a very holy man. Several other people said pretty much the same thing.

The lodge also had a terrific library covering not only a number of religions and obscure belief systems but also unusual books on many occult subjects through to books on specific religious persons etc. For anyone like myself who was searching for something in religion that up till my mid 40's had eluded me, I found the Lodge was the only place I could really research some of the things that fascinated me.

I wanted my sons to have a mixed education and so they went to both State and Private Schools and also to a
Steiner School. The Steiner education although ignorring the computer, was based on teaching them how to think for themselves, how they fitted into their environment and it enabled them to develop a broader perspective. Sport facilities etc were sacrificed but there was more emphasis on art, music and theatre. Both boys felt they benefitted from not staying within one system only.

I am still slowly reading through the Secret Doctrine. I haven't yet picked up any plagiarism but I will keep my eye open for it.

I don't find Spiritualism is the way for me, however one of my sons appears to have a propensity for it however he has chosen to ignore it up to now.

I tend to try to keep an open mind on most things and keep the ideal of truth in religion although I do not consider myself strictly as a Theosophist.

There is more to this, Shiloh, for do not hang your head in shame, just yet.

There is good and bad to everything, and redone history to contend with. Things, and people, started out one way many times, and were changed and their history and character replaced with something entirely different....

When one realizes this, and adds it into their estimations of "historical" events and the perceptions of "historical figures," it becomes a blurred picture.

As intended. Learn to see through this, to what was once, and then upon repitition became, after......
Time dilation and replacement and reviewed and redone histories are no stranger to this crowd, or anyone else on this website, I assure you. Why else would an ancient library (Alexandria) have purportedly been burned?

Looking through the lens today is a complex assessment.....and assimilation and dissemination....never lose sight of that, for it has all happened already, and will happen again. This, in fact, is the FIRST knowledge that should inform any facts thereafter, for it changes the perception of everything, then.....and then our judgement and perception, afterwards, when this first fact is realized and perceived.
Respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

I had no idea she was a carny.

What do carnys make a living doing? Entertaining an audience. Yes. But what else are they good at? They're good at finding ways to deceive their audiences, or ticket payers. The ball thats too big to fit through the hole: this is a product of carny psychology. They're similar to gypsies in this way.

Knowing that she spent some time as a carny certainly lends credence to the notion that she was a con-artist. And if she were as hardened by tough experiences as described by the OP, I'm sure she was willing to commit herself to her "role" for the bare-knuckled financial gains.

That said, it is still odd. I own and have read Blavatasky's books - "Isis Unveiled" and "the secret doctrine". Even though I consider most of whats written in those books to be baseless fanciful supposition, there's good reason to believe that Blavatasky genuinely believed in the internal logic which underlies the various metaphysical systems she elucidates - whether Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Greek Masonic/Egyptian. She certainly believed all that stuff - just as many still do today.

Perhaps this fact should act a qualifier. No doubt, Blavatasky, C.W Leadbeater, Alice Bailey, etc, were sketchy immoral people; the former was a crook, the second a pedophile, and the third an antisemite. But all of them believed the metaphysics they marketed. Their philosophical focus upon the "absolute" and "amoral" truth beyond form allowed them to break the rules; to fake when they needed to; to molest little boys when they felt like it; or to cast metaphysical aspersions upon another racial group.

Complicated people.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by Eidolon23

I had no idea she was a carny.

What do carnys make a living doing? Entertaining an audience. Yes. But what else are they good at? They're good at finding ways to deceive their audiences, or ticket payers. The ball thats too big to fit through the hole: this is a product of carny psychology. They're similar to gypsies in this way.

Knowing that she spent some time as a carny certainly lends credence to the notion that she was a con-artist. And if she were as hardened by tough experiences as described by the OP, I'm sure she was willing to commit herself to her "role" for the bare-knuckled financial gains.

That said, it is still odd. I own and have read Blavatasky's books - "Isis Unveiled" and "the secret doctrine". Even though I consider most of whats written in those books to be baseless fanciful supposition, there's good reason to believe that Blavatasky genuinely believed in the internal logic which underlies the various metaphysical systems she elucidates - whether Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Greek Masonic/Egyptian. She certainly believed all that stuff - just as many still do today.

Perhaps this fact should act a qualifier. No doubt, Blavatasky, C.W Leadbeater, Alice Bailey, etc, were sketchy immoral people; the former was a crook, the second a pedophile, and the third an antisemite. But all of them believed the metaphysics they marketed. Their philosophical focus upon the "absolute" and "amoral" truth beyond form allowed them to break the rules; to fake when they needed to; to molest little boys when they felt like it; or to cast metaphysical aspersions upon another racial group.

Complicated people.

Intelligent response. But if I give you a quantum definition of infinitessimal "history," where your estimations therein, are all wrong, then where are we with all the judgement. just sayin'

I used to think conspiracy theorists and tatoo fans who used their bodies as a palette were the least judgemental amongst us....

these days I'm finding it is exactly oppositional to that.....You all seem to come up with perfect representations and justifications for the judgement that formed your rebellion. Never ceases to amaze me. Really
And I thought this was an informed crowd in terms of time dilation, karmic entanglement, etc....for this informs all of your decisions, and CHOICES to judge and inculcate according to your judgements......

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding you.

If someone knowingly deceives me or others, or molests a helpless child, or develops metaphysical theories about the infirmity of another race, then like it or not, I will judge that person three ways from Sunday.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

or develops metaphysical theories about the infirmity of another race, then like it or not, I will judge
reply to post by Astrocyte

I know it's hard to wrap your mind around, but in a way, reverse engineering wise, this is exactly what YOU are doing , here......

You will judge.....

On what. someone wrote it. and who were they. Where were they from, bc we are so far away from the date that was asserted.

Look at Posse Comitas, or Political Madness as forums: entertain me for a second, and my ideas. These are "present" happenings, no? But if you looked at the philosophy and metaphysics forum, or ideas about quantum physics, time dilation, etc....then it would tell you, if you accepted those definitions and assimilations, that history may have already occured and reoccurred in order to suit a certain agenda.

Feel me now? If not, research those subjects some, and once having done that, return and talk to me about judgement and perception...... maybe someone in some other multiverse thinks your identity did the same: molested a child, murderered an innocent, etc....now are we talkin'?
Have I put it in terms, yet, where you understand my point of view? And please respond, for I absolutely do not accept nor tolerate child molesters or murderers or torturerers of humanity or any other form of life, and if you do not answer, that is an answer unto itself...
Tetra50

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Thanks Tretra50 for your reply.

I suspect the wheels of fire from the various Churches were turning when Theosophy appeared because it was immensely popular for a while and quite a threat to main stream's collection boxes. I still find it amazing how she wrote so much, whilst travelling, suffering from Bright's disease and carrying so little in the way of reference books etc. I think when you look at most people who catch the public's attention, there is often a side to them that drives them hard and makes them somewhat difficult to live with.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
Ok, hang tight; turns out the Theosophical Society was really pissing off the Christian missionaries in the region; yes the whole country. Strong stuff right out of the gate, that Theosophy. [..]

Emma also told of how Alex was also used to sneak letters to visitors in the night, and of course, he was a carpenter. This all happened just as the Society for Psychical Research had contacted Blavatsky and asked to investigate her. She happily obliged, just as The Christian College Magazine dropped its bombs, which had been provided by Emma. The Society, which had planned a favorable review, suddenly changed its tone, and that was right about when the first plagiary accusation came in from America;

You should dig a little deeper into the occult underground.

The Hodgeson report marked the split between western and eastern occult lines.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Trinity College SPR guys decided to intensify their work with the cabbalist line.
cambridgehistorian.blogspot.de...

Fitted better with British Israelism.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Must have worked well.

In 1893 Arthur Balfour (1848-1930), later Prime Minister, known for the Balfour Declaration, became president of the SPR.
en.wikipedia.org...

"Hitler was convinced that a Jewish-Masonic conspiracy exists, which serves the English intentions."
(Erich Koch, cited by Carl J. Burckhardt in "Meine Danziger Mission 1937-1939")

But if you dig you have to ignore these "Digging forbidden!" signs!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join