It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Needs To Remake "The Devil's Bride" ASAP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I can see it now, directed by Guillermo Del Toro! What say you?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well there's always kickstarter
I think they've collected something like 15 million dollars for a new Veronica Mars movie.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

LOL

2nd line

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

Or they could come up with an original idea.....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockedamerican
reply to post by Foobler

Or they could come up with an original idea.....

That never happens in Hollywood anymore .
Occ an Indies movie does it ,and it will be an awesome movie ,but get limited release ,and make no money .
The director gets noticed by Hollywood though ,and is offered bigger movies ,which are all rip offs of Chinese ,Japanese or already made movies .
edit on 6/8/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

I'm all for re-making some of the spooky movies from the "good old days". Goodness knows I'm sick of the re-makes of re-makes they keep pumping out every 8-10 years. How many times CAN you re-make super hero movies and still make money....really?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

A friend of mine does horror screen plays . In Hollywood,once a year,they do a screenplay writers sort of convention ,where you can go and pomp your stuff to directors .
The first thing they do,is look at the first page . If the first page grabs the director ,he will agree to read the entire thing .
If he reads it ,he will tell you if its worth his time. It's a long long process screenplay to film.

First ,one of her screenplays was stolen and plagiarized by another writer . Second ,anyone who read her screenplay ,told her that her ideas were too original . Hollywood biggies only take changes on remakes rehash and sequels . Original material is too risky ,so the public predictably going to see the same garbage over and over is what keeps it this way .
What can ya do ?

top topics

join