It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP for DUMMIES

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
reply to post by winofiend

Has the government EVER been truthful? If so, well, keep on with your theory. I suppose.

Lets use your own government as an example....

Space program - announced originally by government and it exists
Money - It exists
Taxes - those exist
etc etc

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by WonderBoi

This is where the debunkers are HIGHLY mistaken.

And so was the premise of this thread...
Not really. Especially, when you consider who's got these weapons. You can believe the guise of 'research' if you want to. Your FREE choice. Others, like myself, tend to believe in an EVIL EMPIRE, hell bent on destroying our planet, and it's inhabitants. All this technology, and our planet is in worse shape than ever!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shell69

If it is such an impossibility that HAARP could be used for ANYTHING other than to study our ionosphere or atmosphere, then why are there so many reports, documentaries and people who support the possibility that it can and is being used for other purposes?

It's spooky looking, the physics are not accessible to laymen, and there are a couple of guys making money off of "HAARP legend"? Seriously, why work if you can pony up hundreds of thousands of bucks a year on the CT circuit making up crap? I wish I was a big enough huckster, I'd be doing it too.

Why are there such large facilities and such an enormous amount of time and money being spent to study these things, and if so what have they accomplished?

Why not go find out yourself? Grant you, if you're not into physics it's going to be a rough slog to read for enjoyment. I suggest going to googlescholar and searching on "HAARP -begich", you'll find some info, maybe 2500 cites.

If they created these facilities in 1994, what has been found or what IS the use of HAARP? If we are merely "Studying" the atmosphere, why are other countries now creating their own HAARP facilities, and how can anyone say for certain what THEY are using it for?

Because each site is a bit different, or was built at a different period. And why wouldn't they want their own facilities? Why is there not one telescope? Are there lots of observatories? WHY!!??

1. It is a dangerous thing, that affects the weather, and the earth in a negative way in the wrong hands, with ill intent.
2. It is NOTHING

No in between? No chance that we may not know everything that we need to know in order to make a well INFORMED opinion, and we may not be able to trust those who are informing us about the facility?

It's sort of like dihydrogen monoxide in that regard.

The two camps break down into (1) the people who don't have a clue about physics, radio, or the atmosphere. They see something scary, or read some dreck on the net, and that's their reality. They don't know and don't want to know, so everything they read sounds reasonable, and (2) people that realize it's a big shortwave transmitter with a fancy antenna.

You'd be really hard put to find someone that's actually well-informed that understands the physics that also falls into your first camp. BTW, when you discover Begich, realize his "doctorate" was bought for $400 from an online homeopathy school.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This is where the debunkers are HIGHLY mistaken.

And so was the premise of this thread...
Not really. Especially, when you consider who's got these weapons. You can believe the guise of 'research' if you want to. Your FREE choice. Others, like myself, tend to believe in an EVIL EMPIRE, hell bent on destroying our planet, and it's inhabitants. All this technology, and our planet is in worse shape than ever!!!!

What would the final purpose be of total destruction?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Ok, ok...... Phage, why the area is so restricted and nobody can go inside to see what they do?

You can. Lots of people do. The facility is overrun by grad student geeks 24/7.

Occasionally, the unwashed such as yourself can also tour the place. Generally about once a year.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Do I need to really point out all the times conspiracy theorists have claimed the world was going to end and the government has said they're wrong. Currently the government is batting 1.000 and conspiracy theorists are batting 0.000 on that topic.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Not really. Especially, when you consider who's got these weapons.

And what weapons would that be?

So HAARP is a weapon you say, well then tell us exactly how it works and proof they have used it for that purpose.

And please do not post anything that has to do with Nick Begich.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

This is from the air force and could be used by any transmitter including harp.
Thank god someone on here cares about his country enough to warn people that we should vigilant and question everything and the motives

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Do I need to really point out all the times conspiracy theorists have claimed the world was going to end and the government has said they're wrong. Currently the government is batting 1.000 and conspiracy theorists are batting 0.000 on that topic.
You're right about that. Government is batting 1,000
*Monsanto
*Fluoride in the Water
*Drugs and Alcohol
*Invasion of Privacy
*Uuuuh, what else
It's sad, that after all the world wars, poverty and the shape of our planet, people still believe in corporate governments.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Others, like myself, tend to believe in an EVIL EMPIRE, hell bent on destroying our planet, and it's inhabitants.

And the leader of that evil empire wouldn't go by the name DarthVader would he?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

*Uuuuh, what else

You forgot these....

Nibiru, planet x, or whatever they want to call it now

chemtrails...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Others, like myself, tend to believe in an EVIL EMPIRE, hell bent on destroying our planet, and it's inhabitants.

And the leader of that evil empire wouldn't go by the name DarthVader would he?
I was thinking more like Bilderberg, Rothschild, Bush, Exxon, Walmart, Mickey D's, etc, etc...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

*Uuuuh, what else

You forgot these....

Nibiru, planet x, or whatever they want to call it now

chemtrails...
I don't believe in Nibiru or Planet X or aliens. Chemtrails??? Don't you mean: "lingering contrails"?
Let me know when you're ready to drop the fairy tale talk.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

And apparently, you didn't take time to watch the video, which explained how. So, why bother making your silly comments. The way it's done is by heating up the ionosphere, with radiation frequencies. The heat causes the ionosphere to rise. As the ionosphere rises, the troposphere fills in that space.

Radiation can have a frequency, but "radiation frequency" is not a proper noun. You can't heat something with "radiation frequencies" any more than you can heat it with "blue".

If you heat a small area of near vacuum, you get an expansion of that near vacuum. The vacuum isn't holding the troposphere down, that's gravity. That's why the troposphere doesn't expand into the ionosphere all over the world, instantly. Because, you know, there's a HUGE pressure difference between the ionosphere and troposphere. Given no other influence, the troposphere would go "boom" and vanish. However, gravity holds the troposphere in place.

If I heat an unconfined area of the ionosphere, it will expand. However, being unconfined, the pressure remains the same and the volume changes. Thus, even IF gravity wasn't the primary force keeping the troposphere in place, there would still be no pressure change in the ionosphere to lure the troposphere upwards.

I think you need to get your head out of the clouds, and into a recording studio, to even begin to understand what frequencies CAN DO.

Here's a GREAT video of sound waves at specific frequencies. Look at the movement or touch your sub-woofers, while listening to these tones. ELF's operate the same way. The only difference is that you can't hear the frequency because it is out of the 20 to 20,000 hertz audible range. (human hearing) Just because you can't see the waves don't mean they aren't there, doing SOMETHING!

This is an example of a common problem on ATS, and also gives me a feel for your understanding of physics.

Radio isn't sound. Sound isn't radio. ELF radio waves can't be heard, not because they're below the range of human hearing, but because they're radio waves. They are not the same. A 1000Hz radio wave is not audible. Because it's not a sound. You can't receive a 1000Hz tone on a VLF radio receiver. Because it IS sound, not radio.

If you see someone on YouTube trying to tell you that radio ELFs cause vibrations because subwoofers, immediately know they are either woefully uninformed or charlatans. There's no inbetween.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It's sad, that after all the world wars, poverty and the shape of our planet, people still believe in corporate governments.

And look at the countries that don't...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You asked for an example where the government has told the truth. I provided many. People on this site claim that the world is going to end pretty much every day. When one of these claims receives enough attention the government will tell them the world isn't going to end. So far the government hasn't been wrong in this regard.

In terms of your current post, has the government lied and been wrong. Yes. That doesn't however mean that we should listen to every random conspiracy theorist with a YouTube channel. If those people were right we would all be dead thousands of times over, we would have fought dozens of civil wars, and each person would somehow be in five different FEMA camps at once.

As with most things in life, the truth tends to fall somewhere in the middle. If you only believe conspiracy theorists you come off as a paranoid nutcase. If you only trust in the government you come off as naive. In regards to HAARP I listen to the people that have actually worked there and published papers on it along with the people who actually understand physics and corroborate what they these papers say. The truth is I have yet to see an actual physicist come out and say how HAARP can control the weather/minds/everything else in the universe whereas I have seen many physicists come out and say why the fear mongers are wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Let me know when you're ready to drop the fairy tale talk.

Ironic coming from someone that believes HAARP is a weapon...

Talk about fairy tales...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Whether they be sound or not, doesn't matter. Not when dealing with frequencies.

"Frequency" only means how many times something cyclical occurs in a unit of time.

It's an adjective. It's not a noun.

I can't hit you with a frequency any more than I can hit you with a blue.

If you don't say "frequency of what", then it's a meaningless statement. Your eye blinks have a frequency. Your heartbeat has a frequency. And all that means is that you blink your eyes so many times a minute.

Eyeblink frequencies, hummingbird wing flap frequencies, radio frequencies - the only thing in common these have is repetition.

link   
reply to post by supergravity

One can envision a lot of things. Like nuclear powered airliners.

The greatest single change in civil aviation will be the practical use of nuclear reactors in aircraft.

This is from the air force and could be used by any transmitter including harp.

Any transmitter huh? You know a lot about I guess, including what frequencies would be used?

That quote was part of a lot of speculations about the future (science fiction) compiled by the Air Force. Here's the preface to that particular piece:

Looking 50 years into the future is extremely easy and, at the same time, exceedingly difficult. Easy, since I will not be around to catch flak for being very wrong. Difficult, since it is really presumptuous to pretend that you have the vision to see the future. Nonetheless, you asked for it and here goes.

www.dtic.mil...

edit on 6/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Ok, ok...... Phage, why the area is so restricted and nobody can go inside to see what they do?

Except that they do run tours and have open days....

Guess what, my house is restricted to, and the only people I allow inside are vetted by me. Do you let anyone who wants to into your house? Don't you have a fence, or doors also?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join