It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP for DUMMIES

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Oh is that what you believe it is.....a radio transmission?

You think HAARP transmits sound waves?
That's interesting. Why do you think that?

edit on 6/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Whether they be sound or not, doesn't matter. Not when dealing with frequencies. I hope the classification of those frequencies hasn't confused you, in their capabilities.
And they talk about what "radio frequencies" can do. You can't see them, but you certainly can feel them.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis

Frequencies of sound / particulate matter and frequencies of energy are rather different things.

Are you trying to claim that ELF (extremely low frequency, in the radio sense) are capable of moving matter significantly enough, and with precision enough to cause weather events?

The gaseous expulsion I just emitted probably has more atmospheric motive force than a 1 megawatt radio transmission
edit on 8-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

Extremely low frequency (ELF) waves are electromagnetic radiation
Turn up the bass, and see what waves can do. Turn it up high enough, and watch things move. So, yeah, waves can move matter; even if those waves are from an ocean.

You are not doing well at trying to get your point across. In fact your own arguments counter your own arguments.

Ocean waves are waves of matter, and so, are of course, waves. Sound waves (using your bass / subwoofer example) are waves of matter and are also waves.

Orange and Orange - two different things that just happen to have the same word associated with them.

Radio waves, electromagnetic waves, RF etc are waves of energy - a completely different process by which the energy itself is modulated. Just because they are waves do not make them the same as matter (eg sound) waves.

Having super strong bass sounds is no more going to make a lightbulb work than having waves of energy is going to make it get windy. this is why there are no mini storms around TV and radio transmitters, which in fact can be much, much stronger than HAARP transmissions and much less direct.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Whether they be sound or not, doesn't matter. Not when dealing with frequencies. I hope the classification of those frequencies hasn't confused you, in their capabilities.
And they talk about what "radio frequencies" can do. You can't see them, but you certainly can feel them.

A terrible example for your own argument. This is SOUND waves - ie - regular concussive pulses of air emanating from a moving speaker. They have a concussive and overloading effect on the human auditory system due to their amplitude.

This has nothing to do with any form of radio transmission from any form of antennae regardless of energy output of frequency involved

you can feel radio waves? must be a painful world with all the radio, tv, wifi, cellphone transmissions around. Tell me, what do TV transmission feel like?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Sound is a sequence of waves of pressure that propagates through compressible media such as air or water. (Sound can propagate through solids as well, but there are additional modes of propagation). Sound that is perceptible by humans has frequencies from about 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. In air at standard temperature and pressure, the corresponding wavelengths of sound waves range from 17 m to 17 mm. During propagation, waves can be reflected, refracted, or attenuated by the medium.

Extremely low frequency (ELF) is a term used to describe radiation frequencies from 3 to 30 Hz. In atmosphere science, an alternative definition is usually given, from 3 Hz to 3 kHz.[1][2] In the relatedmagnetosphere science, the lower frequency electromagnetic oscillations (pulsations occurring below ~3 Hz) are considered to lie in the ULF range, which is thus also defined differently from the ITU Radio Bands.

Ultra-low frequency (ULF) is the frequency range of electromagnetic waves between 300 hertz and 3 kilohertz. In magnetosphere science and seismology, alternative definitions are usually given, including ranges from 1 mHz to 100 Hz,[1] 1 mHz to 1 Hz,[2] 10 mHz to 10 Hz.[3] Frequencies above 3 Hz in atmosphere science are usually assigned to the ELF range.

I hope that helps your confusion.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Sound is a sequence of waves of pressure that propagates through compressible media such as air or water. (Sound can propagate through solids as well, but there are additional modes of propagation). Sound that is perceptible by humans has frequencies from about 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. In air at standard temperature and pressure, the corresponding wavelengths of sound waves range from 17 m to 17 mm. During propagation, waves can be reflected, refracted, or attenuated by the medium.

Extremely low frequency (ELF) is a term used to describe radiation frequencies from 3 to 30 Hz. In atmosphere science, an alternative definition is usually given, from 3 Hz to 3 kHz.[1][2] In the relatedmagnetosphere science, the lower frequency electromagnetic oscillations (pulsations occurring below ~3 Hz) are considered to lie in the ULF range, which is thus also defined differently from the ITU Radio Bands.

Ultra-low frequency (ULF) is the frequency range of electromagnetic waves between 300 hertz and 3 kilohertz. In magnetosphere science and seismology, alternative definitions are usually given, including ranges from 1 mHz to 100 Hz,[1] 1 mHz to 1 Hz,[2] 10 mHz to 10 Hz.[3] Frequencies above 3 Hz in atmosphere science are usually assigned to the ELF range.

I hope that helps your confusion.

You are very good at quoting Wikipedia, but you fail to understand the very content you are quoting.

sound and electromagnetic waves are clearly defined in your quotes. Sound being pulses of compressed air or other physical medium. ELF and ULF as defined in your quoted tect are called both "radiation" and "electromagnetic" (somewhat interchangeable). No mention of compressible material or physical medium in the process. This is even stated in your quote

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis

reply to post by Phage

A terrible example for your own argument. This is SOUND waves - ie - regular concussive pulses of air emanating from a moving speaker. They have a concussive and overloading effect on the human auditory system due to their amplitude.

This has nothing to do with any form of radio transmission from any form of antennae regardless of energy output of frequency involved

you can feel radio waves? must be a painful world with all the radio, tv, wifi, cellphone transmissions around. Tell me, what do TV transmission feel like?
It doesn't matter what type of frequencies they are. If sound waves can make things move, i'm pretty sure ELF and ULF waves can do the same. Sound waves are only a classification of what range of frequency sound resides in; which AGAIN is 20-20,000 hz You seem to think those inaudible invisible waves have absolutely no affect. You also must believe that those frequencies can't cause things to vibrate and move. This is where the debunkers are HIGHLY mistaken.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

]It doesn't matter what type of frequencies they are. If sound waves can make things move, i'm pretty sure ELF and ULF waves can do the same. Sound waves are only a classification of what range of frequency sound resides in; which AGAIN is 20-20,000 hz You seem to think those inaudible invisible waves have absolutely no affect. You also must believe that those frequencies can't cause things to vibrate and move. This is where the debunkers are HIGHLY mistaken.

This is truly hilarious!

yes sound waves are defined by their frequency, but it is the frequency (pulses per second) of a moving material like air!

Radio, EMF, whatever waves do not move air, their move through air with virtually no effect on the surrounding material, except perhaps some electron excitement

Explain this to me, using you logic then.

If I go and have a full body XRAY, how come the "frequencies" moving through me to obtain the final image don't blow me off the table, since they must be powerful enough to go right through me?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What do you want me to say, "one hand washes the other?"

Please, do not be apologetic towards me, about what you can not see.

Nothing short of the GOVT admitting that this is what it is used for will prove to skeptics of exactly what they are capable of getting away with.

We all are the ones standing on the other side of a screen door with a fist full of # that has been thrown in our faces, but # will always stick to something. So connect the dots...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

This is the problem with this website. People who know a little, use it to explain the LOT they do not know.

It happens in so many threads, it's painful to read.

But hey, I'm probably a millionaire sitting on a yacht and waiting for the waves to take me to the Bahamas.

Probably...

It Sounds nice...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken

The atmosphere is a chaotic system, so small changes to one part of the system can grow to have large effects on the system as a whole. Human attempts to control the weather have occurred throughout human history, and there is evidence that human activity such as agriculture and industry has inadvertently modified weather patterns.

Just by heating up the ionosphere alone will indirectly effect the jet stream, no matter how insignificant they say it does, because the Earth's atmosphere is combined of Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, Exosphere...

However, chaos theory doesn't allow me to pee in the Gulf and cause giant water tentacles to emerge from the Thames, grab people on the Vauxhall bridge and bat their brains out on the pilings. At least it hasn't yet.

You can't summon up chaos theory as a boogeyman by which some small effect has some huge, complex, predictable intended effect elsewhere - the very nature of chaos theory precludes the prediction and accurate results of such manipulation - they are essentially random.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
reply to post by Phage

What do you want me to say, "one hand washes the other?"

Please, do not be apologetic towards me, about what you can not see.

Nothing short of the GOVT admitting that this is what it is used for will prove to skeptics of exactly what they are capable of getting away with.

We all are the ones standing on the other side of a screen door with a fist full of # that has been thrown in our faces, but # will always stick to something. So connect the dots...

Are you saying that because the govt. will not admit to using haarp as a weaponised weather machine, that it proves that they're lying and you are right?

That they are throwing poop at you with their lies when they refuse to admit to all the evils that you just know they're guilty of?

That it is you guys alone who are fighting for truth, justice and the American way?

I have no face...

link   

And apparently, you didn't take time to watch the video, which explained how.

And apparently you haven't taken the time to learn what HAARP can and cannot do.

Here you go a video for dummies from a dummy...

link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Speaking about that which you cannot see. Let's take a look at how a Microwave Oven works; since sound isn't their thing.

The question remains, however, of just how it is exactly that a microwave oven derives the heat necessary to cook food in such a short period of time. When microwaves are introduced into the microwave oven they penetrate the food on a molecular level. On that very small level, the microwaves cause the water molecules within the food to vibrate rapidly. This vibration causes friction, which results in the generation of heat energy. This is how microwave ovens use microwaves to cook food. Read more: How Does a Microwave Work? | eHow www.ehow.com...
This part is worthy of mentioning again.

On that very small level, the microwaves cause the water molecules within the food to vibrate rapidly. This vibration causes friction, which results in the generation of heat energy.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Speaking about that which you cannot see. Let's take a look at how a Microwave Oven works; since sound isn't their thing.

The question remains, however, of just how it is exactly that a microwave oven derives the heat necessary to cook food in such a short period of time. When microwaves are introduced into the microwave oven they penetrate the food on a molecular level. On that very small level, the microwaves cause the water molecules within the food to vibrate rapidly. This vibration causes friction, which results in the generation of heat energy. This is how microwave ovens use microwaves to cook food. Read more: How Does a Microwave Work? | eHow www.ehow.com...
This part is worthy of mentioning again.

On that very small level, the microwaves cause the water molecules within the food to vibrate rapidly. This vibration causes friction, which results in the generation of heat energy.

....through a byproduct of localised electron excitement caused by the ionising effect of the particular modulation involved........(it is not directly moving the matter, but causing it to be moved - there is a difference)

Again - why doesn't a full body XRAY blow me off the table with all those "frequencies" going through me?

link   

Actually some evidence that the claims are true, or make any sense in the real world, would help.

link   

This is where the debunkers are HIGHLY mistaken.

And so was the premise of this thread...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Has the government EVER been truthful? If so, well, keep on with your theory. I suppose.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

However, chaos theory doesn't allow me to pee in the Gulf and cause giant water tentacles to emerge from the Thames, grab people on the Vauxhall bridge and bat their brains out on the pilings. At least it hasn't yet.

You can't summon up chaos theory as a boogeyman by which some small effect has some huge, complex, predictable intended effect elsewhere - the very nature of chaos theory precludes the prediction and accurate results of such manipulation - they are essentially random.

Obviously you did not bother to check its applications in Life

Chaos theory is applied in many scientific disciplines, including: geology, mathematics, microbiology, biology, computer science, economics,[56][57][58] engineering,[59] finance,[60][61] algorithmic trading,[62][63][64] meteorology, philosophy, physics, politics, population dynamics,[65] psychology, and robotics.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You learned something.
Now go and learn about the difference between ELF and microwaves. Here's a hint: the concept of wavelength becomes important.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join