It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP for DUMMIES

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This short, History Channel documentary, explains it all. Try not to get caught up in phrases like this:

The U.S. Military says HAARP is merely being used to study the physical and electrical properties and behavior on the ionosphere for both civilian and defense purposes.
or this

"There is no conclusive 'proof' that any of them are being used as weather weapons, but they do have the ability to manipulate the ionosphere"

Key Points about HAARP mentioned:
*Focuses and injects energy into a spot in the ionosphere
*Steerable Antennae: can aim 3.6 million watts of ELF waves, into one tiny patch in the atmosphere
*Weather Modification: Military admits it on record, but denies it to the public
*Indirectly affects the jet stream by pushing the ionosphere into space causing the troposphere to moves, as it fills in that gap, pulling the jet stream with it. Re-routing how water moves through our atmosphere.
*HAARP ionizes particles and pushes them out into space.
*The U.S. owns and operates 3 HAARP systems (Gakoma Ak, Fairbanks Ak, Puerto Rico)
*Russia has 1 (Vasilsrsk, Russia)
*EU has 1 (Tromso, Norway)
*Working in tandem these transmitters could "possibly" alter the weather, anywhere in the world; changing the jetstreams course, entirely.
*Hurricane steering would be possible by heating the atmosphere building up high pressure domes that could deflect or change the course of hurricanes.
*Since going on line (1994) some EXPERTS have reported strange weather anomalies, including: massive floods, hurricanes and earthquakes
*Reportedly, 5 KNOWN Ionospheric heaters, including HAARP and possibly 20 other ionospheric heaters in existence, all over the world.

ELF Waves

Extremely low frequency (ELF) waves are electromagnetic radiation (radio waves) with frequencies from 3 to 300 Hz, and corresponding wavelengths from 100,000 to 1000 kilometers.
ELF Wave EFX on the Brain

The specific ELF frequencies I was interested in studying are 6-10 Hertz. These frequencies are the same as those produced by the human brain in the theta and alpha states. Generally, specific brain wave frequency ranges can be associated with mood or thought patterns. Frequencies below 8 Hertz are considered theta waves. While these seem to be some of the least understood frequencies, they also seem to be associated with creative, insightful thought. When an artist or scientist has the “aha” experience, there’s a good chance he or she is in theta. Alpha frequencies are from 8 to 12 Hertz and are commonly associated with relaxed, meditative states. Most people are in an alpha state during the short time immediately before they fall asleep. Alpha waves are strongest during that twilight state when we’re half asleep and half awake. Beta frequencies (above 12 Hertz) coincide with our most “awake” analytical thinking. If you are solving a math problem, you’re brain is working at beta frequencies. Most of our waking hours as adults are spent in the beta state.
ELF Waves exposed causing earthquakes
Are they just "researching" or is it something a little more sinister? I'm leaning more towards the sinister side.

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

*Focuses and injects energy into a spot in the ionosphere

False. Through the use of the phased array the spreading of the radiation can be reduced. It cannot be focused.

*Steerable Antennae: can aim 3.6 million watts of ELF waves, into one tiny patch in the atmosphere
Somewhat steerable. Within 30º of vertical.
HAARP does not transmit ELF.
Well tiny compared to entire ionosphere, but not so tiny when compared to the antenna array from which it comes.
It can't do anything to the atmosphere, unless you include the ionosphere as the atmosphere.

*Weather Modification: Military admits it on record, but denies it to the public
That's a good one.

*Indirectly affects the jet stream by pushing the ionosphere into space causing the troposphere to moves, as it fills in that gap, pulling the jet stream with it. Re-routing how water moves through our atmosphere.
No. It doesn't push the ionosphere into space.
You know that the troposphere is 10s of miles below the ionosphere?
The jet stream does not make weather.

*HAARP ionizes particles and pushes them out into space.
HAARP is not powerful enough to cause significant amounts of ionization. It cannot push ions into space but it can have an effect in the opposite direction.

*The U.S. owns and operates 3 HAARP systems (Gakoma Ak, Fairbanks Ak, Puerto Rico)
There is only one HAARP, the one in Gakona.
In Puerto Rico there is a tiny ionospheric heater which is operated by Cornell University.
I have no idea what your reference to Fairbanks is. Perhaps because the Univeristy of Alaska, which operates HAARP, is located there.

*Russia has 1 (Vasilsrsk, Russia)
Russia has an ionospheric heater, Sura.

*EU has 1 (Tromso, Norway)
EISCAT, another ionospheric heater.

*Working in tandem these transmitters could "possibly" alter the weather, anywhere in the world; changing the jetstreams course, entirely.
Not possible.

*Hurricane steering would be possible by heating the atmosphere building up high pressure domes that could deflect or change the course of hurricanes.
Heating the atmosphere creates low pressure areas, not highs, but ionospheric heaters cannot heat the atmosphere anyway.

*Since going on line (1994) some EXPERTS have reported strange weather anomalies, including: massive floods, hurricanes and earthquakes
Which experts?
There were no floods, hurricanes, or earthquakes before HAARP?

*Reportedly, 5 KNOWN Ionospheric heaters, including HAARP and possibly 20 other ionospheric heaters in existence, all over the world.
"Possibly?" Why not possibly 300? Possibly 2,000?

There are better sources than the "History" Channel.

edit on 6/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Don't mean to be rude, but adding a comment to a cut and paste, doesn't really work for me. Provide something other than your commentary.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Just correcting your statements.
How about you provide some evidence that anything you posted about HAARP is true?
Would you like to dispute any of my comments, with evidence?
Then we might have something to discuss.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This topic needs to be moved to the LOL category.
The only HARP I believe in is served in Pints, cans and bottles.

But then, beer does follow scientific principles.
M.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
reply to post by Phage

Don't mean to be rude, but adding a comment to a cut and paste, doesn't really work for me.

Don't mean to be rude, but the person in question merely corrected your post.

Provide something other than your commentary.

Please provide something other than someone else's commentary.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Weather

The atmosphere is a chaotic system, so small changes to one part of the system can grow to have large effects on the system as a whole. Human attempts to control the weather have occurred throughout human history, and there is evidence that human activity such as agriculture and industry has inadvertently modified weather patterns.

Chaos Theory

Chaos theory is a field of study in mathematics, with applications in several disciplines including physics, engineering, economics and biology. Chaos theory studies the behavior of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions, an effect which is popularly referred to as the butterfly effect.

Just by heating up the ionosphere alone will indirectly effect the jet stream, no matter how insignificant they say it does, because the Earth's atmosphere is combined of Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, Exosphere,

The ionosphere is a region of the atmosphere that is ionized by solar radiation. It stretches from 50 to 1,000 km (31 to 620 mi; 160,000 to 3,300,000 ft) and includes parts of the exosphere and the thermosphere. It forms the inner edge of the magnetosphere. It has practical importance because it influences, for example, radio propagation on the Earth. It is responsible for auroras.

The atmosphere is a chaotic system, so small changes to one part of the system can grow to have large effects on the system as a whole. Human attempts to control the weather have occurred throughout human history, and there is evidence that human activity such as agriculture and industry has inadvertently modified weather patterns.

I understand that there is no clear cut evidence that the GOVT uses HARRP as a weather modification tool/weapon, how ever the UN has banned weather as a weapon of war and it has been documented on multiple GOVTS using weather weapons.

To deny these practices and experiments ceased would be naïve at best as science and technology evolved.

You cant prove what you believe, without substantial evidence. There many not be GOVT stamped documents proving that, this is what HARRP is used for and with the lack of transparency in the recent weeks, is it that far fetched that the GOVT does indeed LIE to the public and has been caught numerous times before?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If it is such an impossibility that HAARP could be used for ANYTHING other than to study our ionosphere or atmosphere, then why are there so many reports, documentaries and people who support the possibility that it can and is being used for other purposes?

Why are there such large facilities and such an enormous amount of time and money being spent to study these things, and if so what have they accomplished? If they created these facilities in 1994, what has been found or what IS the use of HAARP? If we are merely "Studying" the atmosphere, why are other countries now creating their own HAARP facilities, and how can anyone say for certain what THEY are using it for?

I don't know who is right or wrong in this debate, all I do know is that it is fundamentally disturbing to me to see those who could NOT possibly know 100% for sure the exact purpose our government or any other leaders and scientist might have for such a facility, to say NO NO NO! This is not a possibility and there is no way I will EVER consider it to be a possibility. Each time I have read anything on this site regarding HAARP it's always either...
1. It is a dangerous thing, that affects the weather, and the earth in a negative way in the wrong hands, with ill intent.
2. It is NOTHING

No in between? No chance that we may not know everything that we need to know in order to make a well INFORMED opinion, and we may not be able to trust those who are informing us about the facility?
Even IF it is used for no other reason other than scientific study, I personally do not like the fact that we are affecting our atmosphere or ionosphere at all. We have NO idea, intentional or not what the ramifications and end results could possibly be. I believe that 20 years later our government could very well end up saying "oops" we really caused a problem.

And it would not be the FIRST, or the LAST time that happens!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Just correcting your statements.
How about you provide some evidence that anything you posted about HAARP is true?
Would you like to dispute any of my comments, with evidence?
Then we might have something to discuss.

Ok, ok...... Phage, why the area is so restricted and nobody can go inside to see what they do?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Ok, ok...... Phage, why the area is so restricted and nobody can go inside to see what they do?

What makes you think it's "so restricted"? Yes, there is a fence. Helps keep bears away I suppose.
Do you think that labs which contain sensitive equipment show allow people to just come in and wander around?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Just by heating up the ionosphere alone will indirectly effect the jet stream, no matter how insignificant they say it does, because the Earth's atmosphere is combined of Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, Exosphere,
Probably not. While there is plenty evidence of upward coupling between the lower atmosphere and the ionosphere, there really isn't any for downward coupling. It's a matter of density. The ionosphere is effectively, space.

But the jet stream is not affected from above, it is formed and located where it is due to what happens in the atmosphere below it. The jet stream does not make weather, it is the result of weather.
www.weatherquestions.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

then why are there so many reports, documentaries and people who support the possibility that it can and is being used for other purposes?
Because people can make a little money off of promoting such ideas. And some people are afraid of things they don't understand.

If they created these facilities in 1994, what has been found or what IS the use of HAARP?
You can start here:
scholar.google.com...

If we are merely "Studying" the atmosphere, why are other countries now creating their own HAARP facilities
Sort of like the reason there is more than one astronomical observatory to study the sky.

Each time I have read anything on this site regarding HAARP it's always either...
1. It is a dangerous thing, that affects the weather, and the earth in a negative way in the wrong hands, with ill intent.
2. It is NOTHING
That could be because you really haven't put any effort into learning about it. ATS is not the only source of information in the world. But who says HAARP is nothing?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

It's restricted? Last time I checked there were plenty of professors and students doing research there. Not to mention the days where the facility is open for public tours.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Well, the thread did not disappoint!

It's certainly for Dummies!!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I provided 2 videos with nice scientific experiments, describing HOW it's done. Apparently, you didn't even bother to look at the video, because you were busy cutting and pasting. Interesting, considering your avatar seems to be all over the HAARP and chemtrail topics.
Are you the official spokesperson for the U.S. government?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
oh gawd, not this again. From "WonderBoi" himself to boot.

We have been over all this before. Provide your evidence to back up your claims, otherwise its all just rhetoric spewed by uneducated fear spreading charlatans, who live in fear of things they are unable to understand, and want others to live in fear with them so they don't feel so alone.

And don't start on the whole Tesla integrated technology nonsense, otherwise this thread will be a verbatim repeat of your other thread that got LOL'd

Im I scared of HAARP? No
Am I scared of nonsense fear mongering spread by people unable to comprehend scientific endeavours? YES

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

Perhaps you're another one that didn't bother watching the video. Not sure why people comment, on topics they know nothing about. And please, let's NOT get into Tesla. We're talking HAARP and it's capabilities; all under the guise of 'research'.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I provided 2 videos with nice scientific experiments, describing HOW it's done. Apparently, you didn't even bother to look at the video, because you were busy cutting and pasting. Interesting,
You don't actually think you are the first person to post the videos from the "History" Channel, do you?
How about this? You pick out one of those "scientific experiments" and we'll discuss it.

Are you the official spokesperson for the U.S. government?
No.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Probably not.

The weather is effected by the sun, right?

Jet streams are caused by a combination of a planet's rotation on its axis and atmospheric heating (by solar radiation and, on some planets other than Earth, internal heat).

edit on 8-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

Jet stream
edit on 8-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join