It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: US strikes raze Falluja hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
During preliminary operations for an all-out assault on Fallujah, the US military has launched air strikes and pounded pre-planned targets in Falluja.
One of the air strikes has reduced he Nazzal hospital in Fallujah to rubble.
Hospital officials say all contents of the hospital have been ruined.

BBC

A hospital has been razed to the ground in one of the heaviest US air raids in the Iraqi city of Falluja.

Witnesses said only the facade remained of the small Nazzal Emergency Hospital in the centre of the city. There are no reports on casualties.

A nearby medical supplies storeroom and dozens of houses were damaged as US forces continued preparing the ground for an expected major assault.

It is estimated that almost half of Fallujah's 300,000 residents have left the city as US forces continue to bomb that area and prepare for an even bigger assault.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Begun the Falluja War has.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Destroying this hospital should increase good will among the Iraqi towards the US.

Well done.

Not.

Oh Allah, may the true believers spend this night in absolute devotion to you. Oh Allah, remove the darkness from our hearts and the slothfulness from our souls. Oh Allah, deliver the Muslims from their oppression and grant victory to our Mujahideen over the aggressors. Ameen.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Let me guess the "hospital" in question was a tent with a cot and a bottle of aspirin.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Let me guess the "hospital" in question was a tent with a cot and a bottle of aspirin.

What else do they have after the years of economic sanctions?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Neither the hospital staff or anyone else is going to talk about what was actually being stored in that hospital.

And that's how these things go.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It's important to destroy the hospital, so that the terrorists cannot seek assistance if they are wounded. Also, new supplies of expensive medical equipment will be required after the war. This is at our advantage.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calibre

So you think we should have never sanctioned Iraq??

Do you really think they would have been better off?

Saddam would have still taken everything.

But with sanctions, at least he didnt get to take as much.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It took about 3 minutes to turn this into a heated debate

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
For pity's sake, people.

Calm down. I don't want to send this to the restricted forums.
Discuss the issue rather than getting rude about things, kay?
Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__

So you think we should have never sanctioned Iraq??

Do you really think they would have been better off?

Saddam would have still taken everything.

But with sanctions, at least he didnt get to take as much.

Now where did I state that?
Of course Saddam had to be sanctioned,but there are other ways than block medecines.
And if that Hospital didnt have more, then maybe the troops being there could have provided it with better stuff in place of bombing it.

As someone said here, it could be good so the Rebels are not able to get threatment, but on the otherhand, what about the civilians?

And my post was not meant to heat this topic in anyway. It was just a question..

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Calibre]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
hmm theres only one rude abrasive person I see that posted in this thread.

the same person that made a thread making fun of a suicide victim.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It was a hospital/command and control center. Our friend at the BBC are just spreading malicious rumors as usual. The upcoming operation is the worst kept secret in the history of warfare. Anyone left in Fallujah is not likely to be a friendly.

Semper Fidelis.

Semper Fi! Do or Die! Gung Ho! Gung Ho! Gung Ho!

For Your Listening Pleasure

The United States Marines are going to make history again!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

UN chief Kofi Annan has warned against an attack on the restive Sunni city.

It is the third time since the end of the US-led war that US and Iraqi forces have tried to gain control of Falluja.

They say militants loyal to top al-Qaeda suspect Abu Musab al-Zarqawi are hiding there.

Zarqawi's supporters have been behind some of the worst attacks on coalition and Iraqi forces as well as dozens of kidnappings. Some of the hostages - foreigners and Iraqis - have been beheaded.

I have yet to see any proof that this man exists, let alone is behind and connected to Al-Qaeda.

I'm sure the hospital was reeking with terrorists activity

Deep

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It was a hospital/command and control center. Our friend at the BBC are just spreading malicious rumors as usual. The upcoming operation is the worst kept secret in the history of warfare. Anyone left in Fallujah is not likely to be a friendly.

Semper Fidelis.

Semper Fi! Do or Die! Gung Ho! Gung Ho! Gung Ho!

For Your Listening Pleasure

The United States Marines are going to make history again!
Lol. So now your allies the Brits are spreading lies? What are your sources exactly? Would like to read them.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   

And my post was not meant to heat this topic in anyway. It was just a question..
[edit on 7-11-2004 by Calibre]

lol sorry..maybe my use of the old double question marks made it seem like this was a "heated debate"??

actually, its way too late at night to get worked up over anything...

link   
The war mongers are getting increasingly out of control. The battle of Falluja will be devasting, and you're right, the Marines will be history!

link   

And by what logical deduction can we assume that BBC is the spurious spawn of Satan spreading lies left and right ? Also, i'm going to note your remark (" Anyone left in Fallujah is not likely to be a friendly") when i see bodies of children being pulled out of rubble after this...

Deep

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

There are possibly over 100,000 people remaining in Fallujah.
I doubt all of those people are insurgents.
Some of them are likely regular citizens who don't deserve to be killed or injured during air strikes.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

And by what logical deduction can we assume that BBC is the spurious spawn of Satan spreading lies left and right ? Also, i'm going to note your remark (" Anyone left in Fallujah is not likely to be a friendly") when i see bodies of children being pulled out of rubble after this...

Deep
Im also curious if they will find the guy they are looking for. The reason behind the attack. Where I am not so sure if he doesnt excist like you seem to think I doubt he will be there while it was pretty clear for a while something will happen. If he has one tiny braincell in his head, then he aint there anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join