It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Couple Discovers Fully Stocked 1960s Fallout Shelter in Their Backyard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Those sci-fi books make me jealous - looks like someone used the basement as a storeroom and forgot about it.
Perhaps there are names inside the covers?

I don't know if this should be a separate thread, but here's a similar story.

The "Old Curiosity Shop" - a shop abandoned for 50 years.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Such an awesome find, amazing how well everything is preserved

edit on 9-6-2013 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

WOW..

that is pretty cool also.

love this old stuff!..
edit on 9-6-2013 by baddmove because: spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Beware… it could be a Dharma station… ya know… from the "Lost" TV series….

nice find..they should move in. I would definitely.
Cheers

edit on 6/10/2013 by Saneeto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
I would really like to find something like this in the middle of nowhere on undeveloped land, I would just live in the fallout shelter.

I would rig it with charges that were set to go off when a monitor sensed I was no longer alive, and bury myself automatically instead of put my relatives through the "closure" of my passing.

I,I,I,I,I hate it when people say "I" all the time....

Yes, who is this "I" you speak of?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Canned food is not necessarily safe from chemical reactions. The metals used in the can may react with the food and contaminate it. If the can is sealed with a solder containing lead the lead could diffuse into the food and that is not healthy. cans older than about 20 years were made with metals only and should not be trusted.

Thus the shelter might not be usable, or it could be used for Aluminum supplementation.
edit on 10-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Giggity... Giggity... JACKPOT~ Good for them. I would love to find something like that on my property.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Giggity... Giggity... JACKPOT~ Good for them. I would love to find something like that on my property.

Too bad the aluminum in the cans probably leached into the food 20 years ago though

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

California Couple Discovers Fully Stocked 1960s Fallout Shelter in Their Backyard

news.yahoo.com

Colleen and Chris Otcasek were aware that their Woodland Hills property had an unusual feature, a 1960s fallout shelter. But the Otcaseks did not expect that it would be fully stocked, and a perfectly livable and sustainable space, 15 feet below ground in their backyard. They were expecting just a hole in the ground.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yeah...really, really cool..especially what you can find among the items stored. I can imagine the owners considered entertainment too while waiting until it is safe to go top-side. Can you imagine to find one of the first Gibson Les Paul electric guitars or a vintage Fender Stratocaster...among other things?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Originally posted by baddmove

news.yahoo.com

Colleen and Chris Otcasek were aware that their Woodland Hills property had an unusual feature, a 1960s fallout shelter. But the Otcaseks did not expect that it would be fully stocked, and a perfectly livable and sustainable space, 15 feet below ground in their backyard. They were expecting just a hole in the ground.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yeah...really, really cool..especially what you can find among the items stored. I can imagine the owners considered entertainment too while waiting until it is safe to go top-side. Can you imagine to find one of the first Gibson Les Paul electric guitars or a vintage Fender Stratocaster...among other things?

I don't think you'd be using your back up generator power to hook up your stratocaster. Odd.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Anybody look closely at those MPF (Multi Purpose Food) cans? (Granules?) echhh.......

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

...said the poster with apparently 183 important tidbits of information to share in 11 days. Sheesh.

Thanks for the thread OP. I very much would love to have/find a bunker like this. Just not on land that is being rented. Perhaps somewhere in a nearby forest would work in a pinch.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh c'mon Gaz..

that stuff was probably GOOD for you compared to what we eat today!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join