It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the pope the real deal or is he a sheep in wolves clothing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Reincarnation is universal, everyone reincarnates, even if they don't believe it. The ones who don't believe in it have forgotten who they are in my opinion. They are the ones in darkness.

John 11
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die

Jesus said this before he actually resurrected in the biblical sense. What he meant by being the resurrection was that he remembered that he reincarnated.

Those who believe he was the resurrection also realized that they were as well, which is why he says that they will live even though they will die. They will "die" from others perspectives, but from their perspective, they will continue onto life again through reincarnation, a.k.a. resurrection. That's what I mean by death being an illusion.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Those who believe they are God and they alone become arrogant. Their arrogance leads to their murdering.

Those who see themselves as God but also everyone else become humble, knowing that hurting someone else is hurting themselves.

There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes but universalism also eliminates the illusion of death. I admit you may be right but we could actually both be right. We could reincarnate until a point comes in which we are "enlightened" so that we need not return.

I simply believe in a time where God's "will", will be done on earth, "external world", as it is in "heaven within". I believe this is the point of the Lord's Prayer.

edit on 12-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

You cannot separate yourself from this world (physical universe), it is integral to life. Even Jesus was "forced" to reincarnate because it is the natural order of things.

The physical complements the spiritual and vice versa. You cannot have one without the other, they rely on each other to exist. If there was nothing physical, the spirit would have nothing to experience. If the spirit did not exist, the physical would no longer exist because there would be nothing to perceive it or give it meaning.

How does universalism get rid of the illusion of death exactly? The illusion is only an illusion to those who believe in it, I do not believe in death so it is no longer an illusion to me, it just doesn't exist period.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You cannot separate yourself from this world (physical universe), it is integral to life. Even Jesus was "forced" to reincarnate because it is the natural order of things.

The physical complements the spiritual and vice versa. You cannot have one without the other, they rely on each other to exist. If there was nothing physical, the spirit would have nothing to experience. If the spirit did not exist, the physical would no longer exist because there would be nothing to perceive it or give it meaning.

How does universalism get rid of the illusion of death exactly? The illusion is only an illusion to those who believe in it, I do not believe in death so it is no longer an illusion to me, it just doesn't exist period.

Yes, you can separate yourself from the physical world. You can worship in spirit apart from the world. You can find "heaven" within yourself. This is a place where you can become separate from the world, even if only for a short while. One must separate what the spirit wants from what the world wants, before one can satisfy the spirit. Once the spirit is satisfied than you become one with the spirit of love, the spirit of creation. The world no longer appears like an obstacle when you can separate it from yourself.

I can both fully be a part of this world while keeping my distance from its ways.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I agree with that.

I don't think you can fully separate from the physical world forever though. You need a body as a vessel for your spirit to grow and have meaning in my opinion.

Meditating is a great example of what you're talking about though, so I know exactly what you mean.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Can you not "See" the world around you? Some people "Need" religion, some people need a "Super Hero", Jesus is that "Super Hero", and he is the savior.

Why would you deny me my "Super Hero", he is not harming you, he is the one inside me that is telling me to love you. Whether I love because I choose to love, or whether I love because I believe in my "super hero" why do you care so much? This was Christ's message. I am the "Super Hero" you wanted, a "king", but you have to love others to receive my kingdom "within you", the promise of everlasting life.

You were your own "Super Hero", to believe that all can be their own "Super Hero", is a bit naive. Wouldn't you agree? If a man needs a "Super Hero" to guide him down the path of "enlightenment" let his "Super Hero" led him to "enlightenment". For the Universalist is allowed to follow a "Super Hero", until he is ready to be his own "Super Hero". Chris taught a path that even a fool could follow and stumble into "Enlightenment", I am said fool who believed himself wise once and now wise once again.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yes music is my form of mediation. Songs that agree with my soul.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I'm not denying you anything. Jesus is my "super hero" too, in a way. All I have tried to do is help you understand that Jesus was no greater than what you are or could be.

Jesus is the one who lead me to enlightenment as well, and he is who I aspire to be, and I believe I have already reached that aspiration. I am only trying to give you power instead of you giving it all away to someone else. To believe in yourself is to believe in Jesus or vice versa. We are all One.

<< 1   >>

join