It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever saw something like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ok me and my mother both saw something extremely interesting, if I remember well it was in 98 and I was something like 13. So the images could be more clear in my head but still, you don't forget something like that.

It was a clear nighttime and i was playing on my computer when my mom said "Come look outside there's something special in the sky". So i'm like yeah whatever and i go take a look outside with her, and she was right there was a particularly bright star not too high up the horizon, just over that hill behind my home. It was at least 5 times brighter than other stars so i was like: probably just a low-orbit satellite. But then the first anomaly happened: the light completely vanished. It disappeared for X amount of seconds then it reappeared but much dimmer, it was comparable to most stars. There was also a bit of flickering in the luminosity.

Then happened what made both of us go WTF IS THAT: the light (which was now clearly a not-so-far physical object) just "dropped" from the sky and "fell" down in a straight line, only to go back up where it originally was. Like if for example aliens were in a craft hovering on the spot, and one alien drops the altitude sustain and the other says "quick you idiot get back up now!" that's a bad example i know.

Then it remained there for quite sometime, i don't remember i was in total awe and confusion, and then it came back down again, only this time it didn't return in it's spot. It came really really low, at blistering speeds which i could not tell you because i don't know jack about flying but it was fast, and a rather interesting detail about this is that it was headed straight towards my house. As it came nearer it considerably slowed down, and me and my mom thought the only thing this can be is a helicopter. But then... how come it makes no sound at all.

The now-declared UFO was very large (we could see it's shape well as it flew at a relatively low altitude over my home to later disappear over some trees), and it had colored lights (the whole thing at that time reminded me of the mother ship they have in Star Fox 64, but not quite) but it didnt make a single sound. And at that altitude it should at least have made a rumbling but it did not. It was a dark mass of unknown form and all we could see clearly was the lights, which did not seem like lights found on a plane since all they did was shine; they did not provide any light source. They almost looked like christmas decoration lights. There also were pretty few of them and they were spread far apart, We were wondering how the UFO was able to make such a bright light earlier. Without the little lights it would have been like if a cloud passed over my house in the dark.

This is it, this is the puzzling experience i've had 6 years ago, and it seems like i'll be damned if i can find any answer. I've talked about this in the past to several people but each time i was disregarded, probably because of my young age. I had not spoken about it for a long time before posting here, where i thought it might at least be considered. I am not making any of this up, have much better things to do (i should by the way be sleeping) than make up crap on forums and i'm a rational person, i go to Musitechnic school of sound ingeneering where they don't accept morons and i usually would like not to believe supernatural stuff but this i saw with my own eyes. If you believe you have something that could be considered a clue, or saw something similar, it would be kind to let me know.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by trizzm]

[edit on 7-11-2004 by trizzm]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i dono dude. an old lady i know used to go to area51 alot and she said her and her friends saw a black saucer thing and it made no sound either. ive read alot of sighting reports and alot of them say it made no sound.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
for sharing it is hard when you are young to comprehend and you have carried this with you for all these years. I am glad it was your Mom that noticed this and called it to your attention seems she keeps her eye's open on our skies too.
Did you or your mom have any type of feelings when it came toward you?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
That's kind of hard to say man. Even though it was some 6 or 7 years ago, the event is quite "clear" in my head, at least for what my eyes have seen (I have good all-around memory of my life, going back as far as when i was 2 years old actually, which i believe is rare when you are 19), but i couldn't tell about my feelings nor my mother's because we were simply in awe, trying to understand just what the hell that thing was. I talked about it with my mom a couple times since it happened, but only vaguely as we are both short on explanations. She however is my "personal proof" that I was not hallucinating or something. I guess that we had that feeling you have when something special, unusual happens.

One thing's sure: if we had had a camera of some sort, and if the images would have turned out nice, that tape would have gone around the world a couple times. Everyone would have seen it. Too bad we were living in a rural area and my parents were not too fond of technology. Also I believe cameras were quite expensive at that time compared to now.
If I could go back in time for one thing it would be to film this event. Too bad there is no such thing as the past/future.

Something i had not thinked about yet: I really wonder if the UFO had noticed us staring at it. Maybe that's why it decided to come towards our home. It maybe just wanted to make sure that we were just innocent humans, not A51 people or something. Hmm. I guess all I can hope is to someday see it again. It happened a few times to me to just stare at the spot where it first showed up, but it never reappeared.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by trizzm]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Coulda been a silent helicopter. I have heard tell that these things can hover silently, and they have a few very bright lights on them. Just a thought anyway.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
That's a possibility, however one thing i didn't think to mention is that it passed VERY low over my house. Once again I don't know anything about altitude or flight, but it was no more than 200 feet high. And the thing was huge. Maybe 4 to 5 times the size of my house, which wasn't that small, it was a normal country house. I know about the silent copters, but if they can have a thing of this size hover around without making a sound, there's just no way that technology is human. Especially some 6 years ago.
I remember that there was no apparent type of propulsion. No star wars rear plasma beams, nothing. and... it's speed fluctuations were quite sporadic, a human would have thrown up all over the craft. it went from blazing fast from the primary hover spot that was far away, to a very slow speed as it came above us. I wish i would remember the shape better, but from what i recall it was pretty much difform. Not a regular shape, that we are used to see in a flying object. Didn't have things like wings, a tail, or anything.

Also, the part where it just kind of dropped down- that happened real fast. a blink and i would have missed it. Not the coming down... the going back up. Just... no way it could be a human craft. I know that these are mere words on a forum but you would know too, had you have been there.

Furthermore: What the hell would a giant high-technology silent helicopter do at night in Lachute, Quebec, a totally rural area with nothing but cows (and our domestic boars
you gotta taste boar meat at least once) one hour northwest of Montreal.

Aren't aliens supposed to like cows, on the other hand? j/k.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by trizzm]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
about the camera. When people have a sighting they are usually so fixed on watching it they don't think to go get there camera or they just don't have one they can get there hands on. Most sightings happen quickly. This will probably be with you the rest of your life and you will be looking to the sky like many others waiting for it to occur again.

new topics

top topics

join