It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phony Baloney Jobs Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
More horse hooey about those oh so great employment reports.

They keep "revising" the reports downward after the "good" news gets drilled in.

But it's never REALLY good news is it ?

There is no economic recovery. There is only bad news…a deepening depression on Main Street…and a media that cheers misleading jobs numbers. Today’s unemployment figures are Exhibit A.

Today we heard that 175,000 jobs were created. The stock market soared upon hearing the news. Happy Days are here again. But are they?

Just beneath the headlines is nothing but tragic news. First, last month’s jobs figures were adjusted downward. April’s jobs increase was revised downward from 165,000 to 149,000. Isn’t it a funny coincidence that the revisions are almost always downward? Isn’t it funny how the original figure is always good news…is announced in screaming headlines…and results in a soaring stock market. But no one ever notices the downward revision a month later. This government accounting scam happens almost every month. A private sector CEO would go to prison for fraud.

The Phony Baloney Jobs Report

Wake Up.

Smell the coffee.

Obama is to blame this time ........

can't blame Bush anymore

2nd term and still no cigar.

I wonder how many jobs will be lost or reduced next year when PPACA takes effect on larger terms ?

What do YOU think NOW ?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
There will always be the poor and there will always be the unemployed.

Because this is the only way you can control the masses.

The poor and unemployed serve as reminder and warning about what happens to you when you don't integrate yourself into the system. ( Go to work, get kids, pay taxes, obey the laws, believe in the fallacy of the so called democratic system )

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
More people enter the job market per month that these reports can even account for. There are almost 12,000 people born per day in the United States. This equates to roughly 360,000 per month. Every month, of those 360,000 children that survived, all of theme will be entering the workforce.

However, this assumes that they all enter at the same time. They don't, but it is counterbalanced by those who enter early or those who enter late. So the number remains the same. Death rates in the US hover around 6,000 per day, but not all of those people are going to be in the workforce. Let us consider that even HALF of those people are in the work force, which means 3,000 workers dying every day. Suptract that from the 12,000 births and you get 9,000 per day.

In the end the figure rests right around 270,000 new workers per month. Subtract the 175,000 from the jobs report and you still are missing 95,000 jobs to account for JUST the new people in the workforce, let alone the already millions of unemployed.

The entire thing is baloney, and for everyone who takes the time to look at population rates and actual amounts of unemployment, the farther it goes along where we are in a deficit of jobs per people entering the workforce, the higher unemployment will rise. Of course, these "unemployed" won't be counted because they aren't eligible for benefits.

Unless the US is creating at least 250,000 jobs per month, then there is no way for unemployment to go anywhere but up in this country. Even if it did create that many regularly, the best the rate could possibly do is stay the same.

A sinking ship if I've ever seen one.
edit on 8-6-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

2 points to make.

1, I have said over and over that this is the new "norm" for the unemployment figures. We probably won't see 4% unemployment ever again.

2. The stock market is like a balloon with a small leak in it. We don't see it spiraling downward because the Fed is pumping 85 billion a month into it, just to keep it propped up.
Have the Fed shut off the quantitative easement, and the market would collapse like a Dick Cheney hunting partner!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

2. The stock market is like a balloon with a small leak in it. We don't see it spiraling downward because the Fed is pumping 85 billion a month into it, just to keep it propped up.

Indeed. I couldn't agree more and am still floored at the "new norms" people are able to accept and take for granted as 'just the way things are'. 85 Billion a month for funny money to buy bad debt may sound...small? Well, by the numbers they've desensitized us to, it does. 1 Trillion a year is a little more meaningful and also an accurate figure. 1 Trillion...in bad money, chasing bad debt to keep it all from being too visible to the economic indicators.

It reminds me of putting vinyl siding on a crappy house. It looks beautiful when it's done....but beneath the panels of vinyl? It's still the same crappy house. Nothing changed but the cosmetic appearance and perception. Kinda like a magician trick. Shazzam!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Honestly, the scariest thing about this, its only going to get worse.
We are feeling the out of control sway from Obamacare,
companies are trying to correct, but its never going to be enough.

And, the other really sad, scary fact is The U.S. is producing less,
automation is replacing jobs, outsourcing continues to build.

Where is this all leading to? A diminished U.S. with millions out of work,
what could possibly go wrong, Obama has at least 3 more years.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I initially had a lot more to say until I read a few of these responses on this thread.

But really there is one thing that needs to happen before anything can be fixed.

If you want to blame someone like everyone seems to have this innate need to do.....

Make sure you blame the right someone, thing, "ism", whatever.

I see the problem all around me every day....

Take another mower width of grass every week all summer, and bitch about how much it costs to pay for the gas to mow your damned lawn, while taking a little bit of habitat away from those critters who need it more than you, who deserve it because they are not going to destroy it like our species does with everything in the name of profit, or the name of the "Prophet", whatever, it's the same old # it has always been.

Unemployment doesn't need to be addressed, our way of doing business and treating each other does, and unemployment would not be such an issue anymore.

The system is obsolete and cannot be fixed, somebody posted some statistics here that proves that.

Numbers don't lie, only people lie about numbers.

top topics

join