It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unplug: The ultimate protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Greetings to all fellow seekers of truth. I know this isn't your typical introduction, but I think the state of our world today can't afford formalities. I've been lurking in this website for a couple years now, which has gave me a beautiful education on a multitude of subjects. But with that education, I've also accumulated a lot of fears that finally spawned a "eureka" moment within myself. We are all going about our search in the wrong way. It seems now that every aspect of our lives is media controlled. It has now just recently come to light, that everything we do is monitored by TPTB. In a nutshell, I think it's there whole intention. What better way to manipulate the masses through a medium that we think we have a say so in. It's just there way of keeping us stupid, all the while orchestrating our crappy reality. So, what I propose is to unplug from this madness, whether it be Internet, tv/news. I know when I was younger that there was madness in the world, but it wasn't my madness, cause I was unplugged back then.
We will never experience peace with the current course were on. We clearly, already know that things are [SNIP], so I think it's time we stop feeding the beast, maybe go take a walk and enjoy nature. STOP PLAYING there game. Because to "them", I think that's all it is. A game. Peace
edit on 8-6-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Goodvibrations75

So basically you are saying on a internet forum that we should all disconnect our internet.

Gotta love irony.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Yeah, as good as this drug feels, I think that it would probably be our smartest/last ditch effort. What good does it do us to keep beating a dead horse. It's a gigantic chess game, and we are all pawns. We can't win there game. I think it's best not to play there game in the first place. F/them, let them enjoy the hell by themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Trust me, they would be lost without our attention and fear. That Is the heartbeat of tyranny,

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Welcome to the site, my friend, however I must disagree with you on one point: The internet is currently the "final frontier" of the free exchange of information over a vast network of individuals, the alternative being consciousness, however many still have yet to tap into this, so until then this is the last vital resource many have.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

If you really want to make a Serious impact just get Everyone to Not buy gasoline for a whole week.

That would devastate the gas companies enough to drop the gas price down to $1.00 a gallon or even less.

Unfortunately Everyone makes excuses as to why they CAN'T do that. But they don't mind when the gas companies report 90 Billion in profits for a quarter. If they really did mind they would not make excuses and go out and buy a bicycle to get around on.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

I understand that this vast web is a beautiful tool for truth. But at the same time, real truth is corrupted in this intangible world called the Internet. I've learned so much from this space, but I realize its a double edged sword.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

We've always been free I think. And that's what really they're trying to keep from us

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Yes, you are correct, a "'double edged sword," as you say, or in other words lies mixed with truth, however it is up to you to decipher the lies from the truth and that is a great asset which you will you will be hard-pressed to find elsewhere.

It is like I and many others here will tell you, take that which benefits you and move on.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

Infiniteperspective,
I understand what ur saying, but we don't need this medium/Internet to discover the truth. As useful as it is, the real truth lies outside the realms of any media, including this awesome web site. We r kings, not peasants. That's what I'm trying to get at.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I think there are some simple steps that people can take.

Use anonymous search engines like startpage.

Surf the web through a proxy server.

Stop using your credit cards, use cash.

Conversations of a personal nature should be done face to face vs email or text. If it has to be via email, encrypt it.

Add your own.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Anything that contributes to a way of peace and truth. I hope someday that we can establish such a hidden oasis. Love 2 all!! Thanks bro

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

But then again, I just contradicted my whole post. A perfect example of one of the brainwashed collective. Night all!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective

Welcome to the site, my friend, however I must disagree with you on one point: The internet is currently the "final frontier" of the free exchange of information over a vast network of individuals, the alternative being consciousness, however many still have yet to tap into this, so until then this is the last vital resource many have.

The problem is, people have been fighting for it to remain free and without molestation or restriction by any government, but several governments have been doing just that all along.

People suggest that the internet is the last frontier of freedom, but is it really when it's being used by corporate monopolies to mine data for government spying? We're all against the restriction of information on the internet, but isn't that censorship now taking place before it even hits the net, with the threat of being watched and caught?

Just look at Bradley Manning, being persecuted for doing the right thing and blowing the whistle on his criminal government and military, and so-called 'Patriotic Americans' couldn't give a rats ass about him!

So where is the motivation for anyone to be an internet soldier and "fight the good fight" for freedom?

I agree with the sentiment in the OP, but I have thought about this as a form of protest before. We had something in the UK with the "CC all your emails to Theresa May day". This was an electronic protest against Theresa May and her plans for mass monitoring of communications (what it turns out they've been doing illegally for years anyway), and it basically just meant adding her email address to the CC of every email you send.

I definitely think it's a good thing for people to switch off and enjoy things away from all the tech around them, but I think some form of protest against this is needed, desperately. People should now be planning boycotts of those corporations being used to spy, and we should be protecting Manning and calling for his release.

We need to do the following...

1. Tell Government in no uncertain terms to GTFO
2. Remove those politicians responsible for allowing this clear breach of basic civil liberties
3. Defend and free whistle-blowers like Manning and make it clear that such whistle-blowers will not be prosecuted for acting on their morality and in the interests of the PUBLIC
4. Boycott all those companies who have allowed this to happen and their data to be mined
5. Make it clear that if you allow your business to be used in such a way you will face the wrath of the people.

I liked Obama when he was elected, I really did. I think a lot of people had a lot of faith in him after Bush. But I honestly think the American people need to wipe the slate clean and start again, you need to remove every politician involved in this scandal (and that is what this is) and start again.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I wish we could all form the solidarity to employ such methods of protest. Without solidarity we are a weak people. Although this is my first post on ATS, I think it's going to be my last for awhile. So, I think I'm gonna walk my own talk and unplug for awhile. Get out and clear my head, and see if anything improves within my life by starving myself of the madness. Take care brothers and sisters
Peace to all!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I know its a religious concept but it has some benefits:

How about every Sunday everyone just switches everything off barring total emergency crews who get Monday instead.
Once a week shut it down and chill in the neighbourhood.

join