It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The adventures of Tippi, the real-life Mowgli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This young lady was brought up by her parents, wildlife photographers, in Africa.

Imagine how incredible it would be to grow up in 'The wild' with so much freedom and have such an affinity with the wildlife.

The pictures are IMHO awesome a life experience in a few years that most of us would give a lifetime for.

Young Tippi was born in Namibia and travelled through many African countries during her childhood, making friends with the animals and local tribesmen. 'Her everyday life was making sure monkeys did not steal her bottle,' said her mother, Sylvie Robert. 'Or she would call me over and point to an elephant eating from a palm tree and say 'mummy, be quiet, we're going to frighten him.'

You can read the whole article and see the rest of the pictures HERE

Enjoy, what a great way to start my day

Cody

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
That is beautiful. To be among the wild at that age.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
More amazing pictures

Had to add this link too. There's a picture inside of her standing on top of a huge alligator.

Amazing connection with nature, a good reminder to step away from the computer.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Oh man I missed that

Thank you those really are awesome

Cody

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think it is bad parenting to allow your child so close to wild animals just for a few good photos.
It's only a matter of time until this kid gets mauled.
"Here honey, go pat the fluffy crocodile"

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Why did I know that was coming

The fact is she didn't
This is her now

Cody

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

The fact that she lived to see adulthood is unproven as in the child photos the girl has a mole on the right side of her face. The lady in the photo with the bad hair day has the mole on the left side of her face.
I do believe the girl was eaten and replaced with another person.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Or living with a big blue bear and a grumpy black panther

And randomly breaking into song occasionally

Cody

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Its all very interesting, but shes hardly Mowgli. For a start, she wasnt bought up by wildlife, just around it in great profusion. You have to have been raised by animals, seperated from humanity, to win the Mowgli award for total badassery. That means no parents aside from the four, or no legged companions one might find in the wild.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

[ sardonic undertones ]

everything is "bad parenting" to someone...

If it were children dressed up as animals someone would say bad parenting because they're personifying wildlife which is unrealistic...

At least this child is growing up with a respect for Mother Nature and her creatures... something all around lacking in the general civilized population of stuck up, stubborn and snobby children of this day and age.

[ / sardonia ]

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Mowgli was raised by a tribe...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schmirror
everything is "bad parenting" to someone...

I think most parents, globally, would not let their children get near wild, unpredictable, and dangerous animals just for kicks and giggles.

Yes, everybody has different values and standards, but the thing is, most parents have a 'right' to be bad parents (sadly.)

I thought Mowgli was a feral child? Feral children stories are pretty interesting and I deeply researched the subject in the past. Obviously the girl in the OP wasn't feral. Most truly feral children never function in society--it's quite sad.

edit on 8-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
I think most parents, globally, would not let their children get near wild, unpredictable, and dangerous animals just for kicks and giggles.

Truth... However this is a female whose mother is working around wildlife... that is a BIG difference... she grew up with these animals and isn't haphazardly "tossed to the wild (way) side."

Yes, everybody has different values and standards, but the thing is, most parents have a 'right' to be bad parents (sadly.)

No one has a right to be anything. We have privileges. We haven't got the right to treat others or ourselves unjustly. If we do, and if we're caught our government can toss us to the dungeons.

I thought Mowgli was a feral child? Feral children stories are pretty interesting and I deeply researched the subject in the past. Obviously the girl in the OP wasn't feral. Most truly feral children never function in society--it's quite sad.

Mowgli's village is attacked by the vicious tiger Shere Khan and he gets lost in the ruckus and runs into the jungle.

The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Story
edit on 9-6-2013 by schmirror because: link code

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Jeez guys

It was only some cool pictures of a kid that had an upbringing that I would have loved to have had.
My childhood was pretty idyllic and I rarely think man I wish I'd had that, but in this case

Man I wish I'd had that

Cody

top topics

join