It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Walking Dead" Actress Arrested for Sending Ricin-Laced Letters to Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Came across such newspiece. I´ve heard there are quite many people who like the show, so its interesting no one has found this newspiece yet. Did not find any threads with her name in it: Shannon Guess Richardson.

DALLAS (AP) — A pregnant Texas actress who told FBI agents her husband had sent ricin-tainted letters to President Barack Obama and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been arrested for orchestrating the scheme herself, law enforcement officials said Friday.

It was not immediately clear what charges would be filed against Shannon Guess Richardson of New Boston, Texas, a mother of five who has played bit roles in television shows. Two U.S. law enforcement officials confirmed her arrest to The Associated Press but spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly during the ongoing investigation.

Shannon Richardson’s resume on the Internet movie database IMDb said she has had small television roles in “The Vampire Diaries” and “The Walking Dead.” She had a minor role in the movie “The Blind Side” and appeared in an Avis commercial, according to the resume.

www.ryot.org...
www.usmagazine.com...

I have not watched TV-series, so I do not now what kind of role she played in Walking Dead, although hopefully it won´t affect the production. Planning on starting watching it soon
Its interesting to see more famous people taking such an extreme action. Usually the extremists, who go that far, tend to be more isolated from the society, more illusioned and often not very successful at their lives, at least that is what the stereotype looks like. She on the other hand had a lot to lose - reputation as actress, 5 children - I wonder what were the motives behind here actions. This makes me doubt whether she actually was behind it or her husband is justing trying to push the guilt on her, which seems more likely. But well, presumed innocent before proven guilty

edit on 8-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I laugh at zombies. They are so unscary.
What was this lady thinking? And how easy is it to get your hands on ricin anyways? Isn't there a huge chance you will taint your own living space and kill yourself?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I saw this today too and thought surely this will be talked about on ATS.

I have no idea who she is and I hardly recognize the shows they mentioned (not into TV or dead things in general).

But I'm vaguely familiar with the area in which she was arrested. (I'm from the DFW area)

I'm starting to wonder what's going on out in that area with ricin? It seems like a pretty dumb way of trying to inflict harm on an intended victim. There's probably a little more to this, but I doubt we'll ever hear anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I shall be the first

I found this on the imdb comments.

First, she is a suspect -- and a suspect is innocent until proven guilty. Every law office and scholar will tell you this.

Second, don't believe everything you hear. Many liars are out there ruining good people and creating trouble, or helping bad people and doing coverups. They're doing it every day somewhere or other.

Third, the authorities are not so clean and shiny themselves.

I am on her side, in her corner, and standing by her. I will not believe she tried to harm anyone until I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt.

RAWLING ON DA FLOAR LAUGHERING.

I don't even recognise her from the show.. she must be grumpy.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Who is she...well I googled her and this is what I found. I have no clue who she is and what part she played..other than walking unrecognizable dead.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
she's a spook!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Is that code for something?

Or is that like a zombie thing?

Spook means something entirely different where I come from. I mean no offense. This is a serious question. Forgive my ignorance. I've been trying to deny it for so long now, but you see it's this darn blonde head of mine.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
First - I've never heard of her. Didn't recognize her.
Second - It was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
Third - To have five kids and be pregnant and do this? 'Mommy Dearest' doesn't care about the kids.
Fourth - Where the heck did she get Ricin? That's not exactly available in supermarkets, ya' know??

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It seems she's an extra, not a main character on the show. I have been a fan of the series from the start and she is definitely not a main character and I don't believe I have seen her give a speaking line at all - at least it wouldn't be anything beyond "eurghhhhggggglllllaaaahhhhh!" *chomp, chomp*

Also, I agree with what someone else has said, innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Fourth - Where the heck did she get Ricin? That's not exactly available in supermarkets, ya' know??

It's fairly readily made from castor beans, which you can buy on amazon. My recollection is that it's pretty hard to be poisoned by it unless you ingest it, and who's going to open a letter, have a bunch of white powder fall out, and think it'd be a good idea to eat it?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That was my first thought, too. Five kids, with a sixth on the way? ...and you do this? Really?

Some people are the living (or is it unliving?) embodiment of stooopid...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

It's fairly readily made from castor beans, which you can buy on amazon. My recollection is that it's pretty hard to be poisoned by it unless you ingest it, and who's going to open a letter, have a bunch of white powder fall out, and think it'd be a good idea to eat it?
It's also quite dangerous inhaled or absorbed through an open wound. I know plenty of people who rip the short end of an envelope then blow inside to puff it up to grab the contents or cut their finger trying to unseal the glue on the flap.

edit on 6/8/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
She's hardly a 'walking dead actress'. She appeared as a background extra 'walker'.

Ive been an extra on quite a few tv shows. Being an extra on a show does not make you a cast member.
edit on 8-6-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
so did she do the whole thing to frame her (ex) hubby?
I wonder if she came across the ricin and that got the wheels turning in her little actress mind.
course the media couldn't wait to blame it on the NRA supporter.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

to me, a spook is a government agent.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by adjensen

It's also quite dangerous inhaled or absorbed through an open wound. I know plenty of people who rip the short end of an envelope then blow inside to puff it up to grab the contents or cut their finger trying to unseal the glue on the flap.

So I guess my $2.00 purchase of a letter opener has been justified, eh?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What I don't get...is do these people sending these letters laced with these substances really think Obama, any other high profile politician or public figure actually opens the mail?

It's going to be some over worked under paid office person that gets the brunt of the substance.

Genius!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

to me, a spook is a government agent.

Okay. Thank you for clearing that up.

I agree that this story should not be taken at face value. Just like the others. Ricin? Really? That just doesn't make any sense. But what do I know?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It isn't like they haven't framed people for this type of thing before:
Like the military grade anthrax that could only have come from a US or Israeli bioweapons lab being made in a farm pond...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The problem with ricin is that all you have to do is grind up castor beans real fine and put them in a letter.

There test will be positive for ricin.

In this case is it looks like one party trying to set up the other. but who.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join