It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me Pick My Next Sermon or show what a jerk you are.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

The biblical God does claim to be the author of good and evil. Jesus Christ claimed to be the son of God. And although we don't fully understand him, Jesus said that all things are done for love. Somehow in the end all will make since and love will be lord of all.

The bible does say that he provides a way for us to stand up. You are still searching which means you still believe in love.

Jesus basic message is to pursue love, and if you pursue love you will find love. Because the father loves you and the only way to love the father is to love those around us.

So I recommend trying to do as many loving things as possible to experience the joy of knowing you are making the father happy by doing what Jesus said. No one can take away the love the father gives you for obeying his son. Although many may take love away by merely imposing their free will on you.

According to Jesus you are a son of God who was sent to overcome those who would try to impose their will on you, you are to overcome sin and pursue love.

The burden is light, love one another, quite literally that is about as deep as it gets until the Spirit of Love itself reveals more to you.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by AQuestion

What makes you think posting a verse from the bible would imply god doesn't love you? Do you disagree with the verse or something?

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

Again. quote me and use my words, where did I say that God did not love everyone? Don't just make up stuff or ask me to agree with your mommy or daddy, I don't if that is what they taught you. Go to bed and enjoy your sleep.

link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
Dear ATS,

Okay, my lead pastor's mother is dying, she has a 30% chance of living and he is going to visit her, I lent him the money for the trip and he by the way he hates ATS.
He told me that he needs me to give the sermons while he is gone and I obviously have not prepared as I did not know his mother was going to be so sick. So, tell me what you think I should preach on, show your love or how much of an idiot you are. Tell me to preach on why there is no God and prove that you are a idiot and cannot understand what I am asking. Obviously I will not preach that there is no God so to ask me to do so would just be trolling and stupid.

I have said this before so it should be in may profile. I preach to primarily gay foreigners. I am straight, only speak English, have to be translated and harder on Christians than Atheists or Satanists for that matter. I will not be speaking to Atheist or people who are non-Christians. Give me suggestions on what might help them to be better Christians. Here is your chance to help write a sermon and I might ignore you all. If you are a non-believer, give me a question that you think is your best and I will ask and answer it to them. Have fun.

I would suggest treating people with respect and not calling any one an idiot or jerk comes to mind.

letting go of arrogance and self righteousness and loving others compassionately what ever they do have done.

Dont think you are for real though, you shouldnt be in ministry.

I will say good luck because your attitude is not going to be blessed.

Take that from me as advice.
edit on 8-6-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

link   

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1, LOL, you won the jerk contest

Very forgiving, very Christian

Maybe you could preach about patience and understanding, they say that you teach best, that which you most need to learn

Cody

edit on 8/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

not what I can I ask them to disprove that God loves us.

I was responding to this part.

What makes you think the verse I suggested would disprove gods love? Do you disagree with what the verse says?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Dear borntowatch,

I would suggest treating people with respect and not calling any one an idiot comes to mind. letting go of arrogance and self righteousness and loving others compassionately what ever they do. Dont think you are for real though, you shouldnt be in ministry.

Really, do you think it is better to tell idiots that they have understanding? Wow. You do not think that we should teach people that 1+1 equals 2? Are all answers correct? When does the truth be become arrogance when you have been asked a question and give your answer? As far as ministry, I never wanted to preach and beat up believers much harder than non-believers. I don't give a rats rearend what you believe, I am not your God or anyone elses. Believe what you will, now ask me a question and those I will answer and don't whine like a weasel if I have an answer. By the way, God called some of us asses, that refers to a type of horse.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1, LOL, you won the jerk contest

Very forgiving, very Christian

Maybe you could preach about patience and understanding, they say that you teach best, that which you most need to learn

Cody

edit on 8/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

Dear cody599,

Really, forgiving, I am very forgiving, should I also lie about what I think? We are on ATS, I thought we were to deny ignorance and say what we believe. Am I restricted from talking honestly when asked questions? Please tell me what questions you are allowed to ask that a Christian cannot ask. I did not know that I was not allowed to ask questions or give honest responses.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I never said god was a bigot, I just gave you a verse inspired by god.

If it's god's word, it can't be bad can it?

Where's the answer to the question you posed? Please point me toward it.

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

LMAO, I asked people to give suggestions on what I might preach on. I did not ask for trick questions to prove they should not believe. Is that beyond your understanding? LOL. I shall put it in simple terms for simple people, what can I ask them to make them better Christians, not what I can I ask them to disprove that God loves us. Does that help? Don't be stupid and assume that I will not repeat your question or answer it to them, I will. I may make them read the whole thread. You will never know for sure; but, you had the opportunity to give an answer or ask a question that would have helped them to understand their beliefs better and chose to be a jerk instead and ignore my OP. Have a great weekend.

To start a sentence with LMAO (laugh my ass/arse off) that doesn't sound very christian, church like, to me, well not from where I come from, my preacher dad would have not been happy if I had said that, that's for sure......even more confused by all this church stuff now..........

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

not what I can I ask them to disprove that God loves us.

I was responding to this part.

What makes you think the verse I suggested would disprove gods love? Do you disagree with what the verse says?

Dear whoever,

Did you not understand my Op and question. Everyone reading this thread can decide for themselves whether or not you are giving anything that is responsive. We shall the readers decide.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I would preach on the lack of understanding surrounding the
recounting of Abrahams story as to god ordering him to kill
his own son, i believe that this story was actually intended to
test humanity and not in the obedience sense as is always
claimed, i believe god wanted to test our morality and that
we failed miserably, since then its all been man made, well
i guess i don't actually believe that since i don't think that
book was inspired by god at all but if i did believe that it would
be hard to see a god as both moral and willing to force
someone to murder their own child.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Dear davethebear,

To start a sentence with LMAO (laugh my ass/arse off) that doesn't sound very christian, church like, to me, well not from where I come from, my preacher dad would have not been happy if I had said that, that's for sure......even more confused by all this church stuff now..........

Lets begin with what you said. LMAO doesn't sound very christian. LMAO, why not? God called us asses and sheep, does that sound Christian or do not you understand what it really means to be a Christian? Should I have just called us asses as God did? Would that be more Christian? Please tell me how I can meet your bigoted conception of what I am supposed to be just because I believe in eternity and that God is loving.

link   
Dear davethebear,

Lets begin with what you said. LMAO doesn't sound very christian. LMAO, why not? God called us asses and sheep, does that sound Christian or do not you understand what it really means to be a Christian? Should I have just called us asses as God did? Would that be more Christian? Please tell me how I can meet your bigoted conception of what I am supposed to be just because I believe in eternity and that God is loving.

link   
Dear davethebear,

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Judging by your responses regardless of how honest they are

I don't think you're cut out to preach to anyone

I'd take take a long look in the mirror and re-read this thread, after you calm down.

You may be surprised, I just reread it and the answer to your OP is staring you right in the face if you choose to see it.

Cody

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Dear borntowatch,

I would suggest treating people with respect and not calling any one an idiot comes to mind. letting go of arrogance and self righteousness and loving others compassionately what ever they do. Dont think you are for real though, you shouldnt be in ministry.

Really, do you think it is better to tell idiots that they have understanding? Wow. You do not think that we should teach people that 1+1 equals 2? Are all answers correct? When does the truth be become arrogance when you have been asked a question and give your answer? As far as ministry, I never wanted to preach and beat up believers much harder than non-believers. I don't give a rats rearend what you believe, I am not your God or anyone elses. Believe what you will, now ask me a question and those I will answer and don't whine like a weasel if I have an answer. By the way, God called some of us asses, that refers to a type of horse.

Where did God call us asses
As I said, good luck

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Dear borntowatch,

As I said, good luck

Dear incapable of reading the bible,

An ass does not just mean your rear end, it also refers to a type of donky. If you look it up you can find it. I really don't care if you believe in God, I have said this many times. It is not for me to prove to you what the bible teaches so why keep asking me questions if you don't care what it says? That is not very smart and seems to be a waste of your time unless you are willing to change your mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

So you were really just saying "laugh my donkey off".

Gotcha, makes sense.

JAK

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Perhaps you might ask everyone to consider under what circumstances Jesus would have uttered the phrase:

Help Me ... or show what a jerk you are.

Amongst others cody599 offered you some good advice.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So you were really just saying "laugh my donkey off".

Gotcha, makes sense.

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

No a donkey just does what it thinks is best for it rather than what is best for everyone, it is too selfish and stupid to advance. A sheep can learn.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Dear borntowatch,

As I said, good luck

Dear incapable of reading the bible,

An ass does not just mean your rear end, it also refers to a type of donky. If you look it up you can find it. I really don't care if you believe in God, I have said this many times. It is not for me to prove to you what the bible teaches so why keep asking me questions if you don't care what it says? That is not very smart and seems to be a waste of your time unless you are willing to change your mind.

Thanks I know what an ass is, I am not from the US

the question still stands, I looked it up couldnt find it.
Now good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join