It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark spotted near film location of real Jaws movie. Warnings Issued.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well, it's not every day I see a shark advisory come across RSOE's index. This is just such a day. If you're around Cape Cod, I guess there is a real big fish in the water out there and they want people to at least be aware of it.

A 13-foot great white shark off the coast of Cape Cod prompted Massachusetts officials on Friday to warn beachgoers to be aware of their surroundings and to use common sense when swimming. State biologists located the shark, which had been tagged with an acoustic transmitter, near Cape Cod island of Monomoy on May 28. White shark sightings have been on the rise off the Massachusetts coast, the setting for the 1970s shark movie, "Jaws". The Department of Marine Fisheries advised people to avoid swimming at dawn and dusk, to stay close to the shore and to avoid areas where seals congregate
(Source: RSOE Disaster Index)

Maybe they need a bigger boat? (sorry, couldn't resist...)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, it's not every day I see a shark advisory come across RSOE's index. This is just such a day. If you're around Cape Cod, I guess there is a real big fish in the water out there and they want people to at least be aware of it.

A 13-foot great white shark off the coast of Cape Cod prompted Massachusetts officials on Friday to warn beachgoers to be aware of their surroundings and to use common sense when swimming. State biologists located the shark, which had been tagged with an acoustic transmitter, near Cape Cod island of Monomoy on May 28. White shark sightings have been on the rise off the Massachusetts coast, the setting for the 1970s shark movie, "Jaws". The Department of Marine Fisheries advised people to avoid swimming at dawn and dusk, to stay close to the shore and to avoid areas where seals congregate
(Source: RSOE Disaster Index)

Maybe they need a bigger boat? (sorry, couldn't resist...)

Sharks patrolling the filming of Jaws, the 9/11/2001 passport from the Matrix, so many others. Ever get the feeling the universe is trying to get us to stop telling stories and start living them?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I smell a conspiracy here, this must be a false flag for the
internet spying i mean come on, jaws the movie had to
be a warning to us, this beach would be the place of the
false flag that enables TPTB to take over the world lol

on a serious note, this is kinda odd, i wonder what
is drawing more than usual amounts of sharks to this
area now, i bet the seal population has increased, also
this calls to light an odd occurrence, man tinkering with
the populations of animals has some major consequences
sometimes, Yellowstone is a great example.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It's Cape Cod. They have lots of shark sightings. And both Cape Cod and New Hampshire beaches have had Great White sightings a bunch in the past few years.

Take a look at the Cape Cod Shark Hunters page with the photos. Look at how close the big sharks come to the beach and swimmers.

We like to go to Hampton Beach in New Hampshire so we keep an eye on this site and others in that general area. There has been an uptick in sightings of the big sharks in the past 2 or 3 years. (at least, it seems to me that there has been). I don't think it's a 'conspiracy'. It is probably just something natural I'd guess ...
edit on 6/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just an FYI on this thread, I posted it as much as a valid warning and passing on the advisory, being that it's a vacation spot and it's vacation season. Who knows how many, if any ATS members are headed up there soon, right?

I know, Great White's aren't necessarily the same as a swimmer being eaten. In growing up in Southern California, I recall the shark craze that would come and go occasionally when someone spotted a big one and rarely did anyone actually get attacked.

At the same time...has anyone ever actually read the story which inspired Jaws the movie?

The True Events that Inspired Jaws: the New Jersey Shark Attacks of 1916

Great White's are the Apex predator and pure eating machine of the ocean. Beautiful creatures, in my opinion ....as long as they are well away from swimming humans they can mistake for Seals or other critters for lunch.

top topics

join