It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: 30 day Challenge to Atheists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Good evening everyone. I have recently completed the 30 day challenge by user EnochWasRight. A lot has happened since then. Many weird downs than positive ups. But I have learned a lot from my experiences. I would express how my challenge went.

The Normal
For most of the first part and many days of the challenge I did what always did. Browse the internet, watch movies, etc. My brother and his son, our friend Jeremy, and myself had fun at the Sacramento river. I learned not to park a car on privet property because it will get towed. My brother's car was towed and he ended having to pay to get it back.

Relationships
My friend Paul came to stay a few night at my home. Because he was homeless. Even though we got along. It quickly became a downward spiral. Because Paul had a lot of bad habits that conflicted with me and my family. We're still good friends. But I learned regardless of your relation don't bite off more than you can chew. Don't get any dirty thoughts.

Illnesses
A week or two ago I started to develop bloody bruises on my legs. Which progressed to me getting large nasty abscess on my thighs and one on my crotch. Yes, it was horrible and I was on so many pills I became a drugged nice guy. I could eat cereal for days, Which I do not know why every time I'm ill I can only eat milk products or food that goes with milk. Like ice cream. Thankful the catholic sponsored hospital helped me out and I feel blessed. Despite all my wounds.

To be honest I didn't feel I was being tested or receiving something from God. I still identify as an Atheist. But I do have a lot more respect for people regardless of their faith or lack of. Hopefully I will have better healthier days than weird sick bad ones.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I've been wondering about this little challenge...

Thanks for letting us know how it went...

Heres the original thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

So the question is... what is your next step?

edit on 8-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The same thing I do everyday. Try to conquer the world! Just kidding. I'm going to heal up and simplify my life. Do everything I can to better myself and not return into a bad position where I suffer.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Had to search for the thread made by EnochWasRight to know what the 30 challenge day was first of all. Don't see how this test is any different from how Satan tempted Jesus on the mountain.. Do not put the Lord your God to the test.. You either have the voice in your head or you dont

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I wonder if your illness was something you caught from your homeless friend with bad habits. You know what they say: "No good deed go unpunished."

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I remember not being much of a walker. My thighs rubbed raw and even bled. But I never took care of it. When I went to the rive it became infected and that's when all these bumps appeared. No pain, no gain.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dearest Akragon,

I personally have no need to take the test and am not sure that having this test is not testing God, challenging him to prove himself; but, I thank you for adding the link so that I could read it. Personally, I never feel a wish or need to challenge Atheists, I leave that to God; but, different people need to see different truths. Not sure how I feel about this or the previous thread. Just be true for what I understand at the moment. Nice to talk to you as always. Peace.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Eww. River water will do it! I hope it didn't get infected with staph, that's a biotch to get rid of!

Wishing you well!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks. They gave me different pills I have been taking and something for staph which I swab in my nose. Also I was vaccinated and I have to use peroxide to clean my wounds. A lot of different medicine that is doing the trick. I can even walk without limping.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Sooo, nothing changed for the better?

Maybe you were asking the wrong god? You know, the one from the original thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Sacrametno River. We are close, hence SacGamer25

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

So, Enochwasright will tell you that, under normal circumstances, god gets credit for only the good things that happen to you, and that man is to blame for the bad things.

but But BUT, if you ASK god to test you and you get an abscess on your crotch, oh yeah, that was god.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Here's another challenge -

I'm an omnipotent being, but you don't read much about me in the bible, because I am shy.

I'll grant you 3 wishes, but only if you really really believe and love me. Please love me!!

If you test me, I'll ignore you. If you ask me anything, I'll ignore you. Only those with true faith will be granted the 3 wishes.

Try it.

I won't let you down, only ye of little faith will be disappoint.

!!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If you test me, I'll ignore you. If you ask me anything, I'll ignore you. Only those with true faith will be granted the 3 wishes.

You really don't know that much about God do you? Asking him is testing him, taste and see that the Lord is good. He doesn't ignore us if we ask him for anything, i get what i pray for all the time. Perhaps it is that people need to learn to see the small things he does, so that when something big occurs then they know it was him.

You also do not know what faith is. Faith is our hope in the assurances of his promise. God is not a djinn in a bottle, if you treat him like a servant instead of humbling yourself, it could by why he doesn't answer you.

I can tell you one thing though, you scoffing at him has sealed your fate. No forgiveness for you in this life or the next from Jesus, so you can definately expect not to be hearing from him.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I also took the challenge!

Things are pretty much the same as a month ago. I have had no particular life challenges, nor have I received any of the promised "miracles". The chronic pain I usually experience is still there... no better or worse, really... and no one has died and I haven't won the lottery (although I did play for once!)

I haven't experienced one thing that I would consider a "test" and I haven't experienced one thing that I would consider a miracle.

So, life goes on.
I'm happy, healthy and whole. And loving life. And an atheist.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe you did it wrong

:-)

this made me laugh Benevolent - nice

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

oh, i remeber your thread with paul the homeless guy and you had to walk his dog alot and that being a problem.
you know, jesus was thought to be a homeless guy who walked around alot, maybe this just isn't the religion for you.
perhaps the buddah would be better for you. he was pictured as kinda fat, but the cool thing was he could teleport himself around with just meditation and stuff.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You really don't know that much about God do you?

Yeah, it's a pretty safe bet that nobody does. NOT a clue. If they claim to know, then they're either fooling themselves or outright lying (

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I also took the challenge!

I didn't take the challenge and this what happened:

I crunched my pinky finger at work and now the fingernail is completely filled in with black from the blood under the nail.

My daughter took a bad spill over some bricks.

My local store didn't have any bread, so I had to walk to three different stores to find a loaf.

A neighbor remarked that he didn't like me talking about current events, so I told him I really didn't like how he droned on and on about sports and weather. Now when we end up outside having a smoke at the same time we are left with hi and goodbye.

And, I'm supposed to ask a god to test me??? I think not!

edit on 6/8/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your post made me laugh, so I will share what you learned from your recent trials.

I crunched my pinky finger at work and now the fingernail is completely filled in with black from the blood under the nail.
Improve your hand eye coordination.

My daughter took a bad spill over some bricks.
Gravity sucks.

My local store didn't have any bread, so I had to walk to three different stores to find a loaf.
Call ahead next time.

A neighbor remarked that he didn't like me talking about current events, so I told him I really didn't like how he droned on and on about sports and weather. Now when we end up outside having a smoke at the same time we are left with hi and goodbye.
Listening is harder than you think.

Our inability to make consistent sound decisions is a fact of life.
The ability to learn from unwanted experiences is where Christians believe that God provides help and wisdom.
We don't get three wishes. We are not magically infused with love and kindness like Jesus.
The ability to forgive yourself and others is the real test in life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join