It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This little piggy went to market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
In Acts:10 Peter has a vision where a sheet is let down from Heaven with all sorts of animals (unclean) according to Old Testament Law and yet Peter is commanded three times to eat, what before he was forbidden to eat.

In this passage is also Cornelius who is a Gentile but a worshipper of God.

Before Christ died and resurrected not only were the Jews not allowed certain foods, they were also not to associate, especially not marry, Gentiles, they were not to take the ways of Gentiles, they were to be separate, Holy.

The laws about food were meant to reinforce this separation.

If you read Acts 10, you see both laws repealed at the same time.

For Peter, who was a Jew, food was no longer unclean and Gentiles were no longer unclean.
Sources: Acts 10 askville.amazon.com...

Now scientifically speaking why is pork considered unclean...

There are reasons that the meat of the pig becomes more saturated with toxins than many of its counterpart farm animals. The first reason has to do with the digestive system of a pig.

A pig digests whatever it eats rather quickly, in up to about four hours. On the other hand a cow takes a good twenty-four hours to digest what it’s eaten. During the digestive process, animals (including humans) get rid of excess toxins as well as other components of the food eaten that could be dangerous to health.

Since the pig’s digestive system operates rather basically, many of these toxins remain in their system to be stored in their more than adequate fatty tissues ready for our consumption.

Another issue with the pig is that it doesn’t have any sweat glands. Sweat glands are a tool the body uses to be rid of toxins. This leaves more toxins in the pig’s body.

I don’t have to tell you that when you consume pork meat, you too are getting all these toxins that weren’t eliminated from the pig. None of us need more toxins in our systems. In fact we should all be doing what we can to eliminate and cut down on toxin exposure. One vital way to do this is by choosing what you eat carefully.
www.draxe.com...

So...what sayeth ATSers...is bacon, sausage, and chops worth eating or not?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Dear shells4u,

The fact is that few if any people die from Trichinosis anymore, they really have to go out of their way to get it and it is usually from wild game or personally caught wild boar. The bible actually said that we should not eat anything with cloven feat and certain types of bottom feeding sea animals. Now that we have discussed the bible, pigs and dying, I want to defend bacon. I love bacon and will continue to have my bacon and pork. I do not want to live in a world without pork.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

There's study after study after study that says our health improves if we eat a whole lot more veggies and fruits, whole foods, etc. The question for each individual is, will you eat that way WITHOUT putting some restrictions in your diet? Do you have the willpower to just cut back on certain foods? I don't, so I put restrictions in my diet. I think that's the main thing here: A piece of bacon isn't going to kill any one, but eating loads of it every day will.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

if you actually believe that tripe, good ... more for me !!!

pigs filter toxins just as humans do, through their liver and kidneys.
ps, pigs do perspire - they just have less sweat glands than other animals.
cow, sheep, goat and others perspire less also.

do you believe everything floating around on the 'net' ??

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
[more

do you believe everything floating around on the 'net' ??

No of course not but my own doctor told me its really not good for you...and yes I too have always loved bacon, chops,and sausages...I did give it a go and tried taking all pork out of my diet but 48 hours later a B.L.T seduced me....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Dear tridentblue,

I agree. I had a friend who was a wellness nurse and he told me, I smoke and drink wine, that it is not about stopping all bad habits but about reducing them and finding some better ones, to do what you feel with comfortable with. I don't drink soda anymore (very rarely), don't use hardly any sugar except in the occasional coffee and cook with almost no salt. I may still drink wine; but, I got off the hard stuff a few years back except for the once or twice a year 7 and 7 when in Vegas or at a celebration of some type. We can do everything perfectly or try and do better is how he summed it up and I choose to do better; but, the idea of no bacon or even more importantly no beef, I could not live with.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

mmm, seduction ... now there is something that less of could benefit everyone

however, even drs believe and promote things that aren't quite wholly true.
after all, they do need to make a buck or two.

as for you succumbing to the temptation ... you are not alone

earlier, i just called in an order to the butcher for a few pounds of bacon, country sausage, a whole loin (cut in fabulously thick chops and butterflied), some ham steaks, a couple hamhocks for soup base and a few pounds of tail for the felines. ( www.rawmeatybones.com... )

so, imho ... anyone who believes that tripe is welcome to their belief, myself and many felines say Thank You !!!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I wonder what made God change his mind?

9 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Maybe all that Sodom and Gomorrah fallout poisoned bottom feeding shell fish and uncloven hooved animals.
edit on 8-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

mmm, seduction ... now there is something that less of could benefit everyone

however, even drs believe and promote things that aren't quite wholly true.
after all, they do need to make a buck or two.

as for you succumbing to the temptation ... you are not alone

earlier, i just called in an order to the butcher for a few pounds of bacon, country sausage, a whole loin (cut in fabulously thick chops and butterflied), some ham steaks, a couple hamhocks for soup base and a few pounds of tail for the felines. ( www.rawmeatybones.com... )

so, imho ... anyone who believes that tripe is welcome to their belief, myself and many felines say Thank You !!!

The butcher order sounds yummy...my sister just bought two huge boxes of bacon yesterday because it was on sale...I am totally doomed...I eat at her house more than I eat at home

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

But you have answered your own question, you just don't want to see the obvious.

But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Don't you get it, Jesus gave his blood to save all, after his blood was spent, the rest became meaningless.
edit on 8-6-2013 by AQuestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

9 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Maybe all that Sodom and Gomorrah fallout poisoned bottom feeding shell fish and uncloven hooved animals.

I can not explain the foolishness of God and why he changed his mind...but according to what I have read the shellfish are unclean because they are bottom feeders and scavengers...and...therein lies yet another really tasty food group lobster, shrimp...ect I would not make it as a jew or muslim...those folks have a lot of willpower thats for sure

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

can't say i share with the family, they are too far away but when they visit, the Amish bacon is always a daily delight ... doesn't matter if its breakfast, lunch or dinner, there is always a place for it

gotta confess, we haven't had 'store-bought' bacon in years.
had some in my hand just the other day and knew we wouldn't be happy so i put it back.
for the $$ difference, we much prefer what the butcher has to offer.

the Amish bacon is at least 1/4 inch or more thick, light fat content and the grease is clean enough to add to the feline's food mix (they LOVE it) ... the last store bought bacon produced such a 'dirty' grease that i couldn't, in good conscious, give it the kitties

what a waste, imho.

i gotta chuckle every time they get some ... i end up with a house full of floppin'puss ... 8 or more upside down w/4 paws up and a vibration (on tile floor) that you can feel in your feet

now that's good eatin' and good luvin'

ps ... i really like your pic of the welch shells in your sig line
the last time my daughter visited, we found 2 of the very rare right side ones.
every time i look at that pic, it gives me warm fuzzies all over
... thanx.

edit on 8-6-2013 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.
Maybe that had something to do with it?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

HAHA! Didn't they all run off a cliff into the ocean? I guess the shrimp, scallops, lobsters, et al ate the pigs and are now forever cursed too!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I can not explain the foolishness of God and why he changed his mind...but according to what I have read the shellfish are unclean because they are bottom feeders and scavengers...and...therein lies yet another really tasty food group lobster, shrimp...ect I would not make it as a jew or muslim...those folks have a lot of willpower thats for sure

The OT god wanted to have his people socially separated from their neighbors, no neighborhood clam bakes, or whole roast pig on a spit wedding parties.

I grew up in a religious group with mostly kosher restrictions. One day my high school girl friend asked me over for dinner and to meet her parents. Wouldn't you guess, pork chops.

Luckily, she had given her dad the heads up before anything was served up.

So the dad says, "These on this side of the platter are beef steaks." (wink wink)

"Thank you", I replied, while serving myself one of the pork chops, "I'll take one of the beef steaks."(wink wink)

Evidently, eating the forbidden out of ignorance is less sinful or something.
edit on 9-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That was such a cute story!!! Thanks for sharing it...STAR for you my friend!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So...what sayeth ATSers...is bacon, sausage, and chops worth eating or not?

Probably not in the long run, but damn if it isn't tasty. The funny thing about fire is, hogs may not sweat on their own but when you apply fire to pork, it sweats the pork and bye-bye toxins. Fire can purify a great many things, which has it's own allegorical meanings.

new topics

top topics

join