It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Xbox by NSA partner Microsoft will watch you 24/7

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just few hours ago i read it someplace. This whole conspiracy was created and supported by Sony Playstation. (Ofcource as keeping the rivalry ). So that does answers something. And by the way collecting that much of visual that, processing it, and then analyzing it requires a lot of powerful processor. I have had plenty of experience in this field and its way tougher than you all think. So this is not possible for them i guess, So please relax and play that damn COD

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
It has an 'off' button. Problem solved.

Also, haven't people heard about sticky tape? One good thick piece and that camera won't see a thing.

you obviously missed the part where it has multiple mics, and is never REALLY off....

do you even bother to do ANY research on the topics you comment on, or do you just comment because of an uncontrollable NEED to type words, no matter how idiotic, childish, or misinformed they are?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I guess the only answer is DO NOT BUY IT!

I have been a Halo junkie since the first game was released on launch. However after much thinking and debate it is simply not worth it. It wont play used games, it's not backwards compatible so XBOX ONE is rendered moot. So this time I will not be purchasing the console for these reasons. That is unless someone jail breaks the system and perhaps even put an a new operating system on it. But that will be a challenge and might take years. As we seen what happened with SONY psn 2 years ago being jail broken by hackers. Perhaps this is the only answer, I soft modded Linux on my orginal xbox and my 360 is JTAG chipped. However i do not pirate games I just want the freedom to use my devices as I wish such as ftp my consoles with my computers with customization ect

I will be purchasing the PS4 all though I will be missing out on the Halo series and Gears Of War. But there are plenty of good titles I can play on the PS4. Besides the XBOX has turned in to a media center and not meeting it's real fan base & customers needs ... GAMING! I am a gamer, the media this machine provides can all be done with a personal computer. The Kinnect is fun for about 10 minutes the new Kinnect is not something im interested in having. It is just getting down right creepy! I want to play games not be some cyber lab rat. And if my internet is down I am screwed.

Apparently M$ bought Skype out. And the new console will have Skype built in as well. This might mean they will have a back door to spy in your skype sessions as well. Again M$ is turning away from focusing on gaming and integrating Windows in to this new system and that to me defeats it's own purpose. Anyone can build a media PC for their TV that does everything the XBOX ONE does for a fraction of the cost and more. And you don't have to worry about walking on egg shells in your own home. Besides you have to pay to play online and use the apps on XBOX but with SONY it is free! I get tired of renewing my gold membership. Not to mention the red ring of death having to replace several 360 consoles so far due to a design flaw. I expect the new console will have the same issues . Try to resolve the problem they will make you pay for repairs that is their own fault. M$ customer service is a joke.

XBOX you are dead to me

edit on 10-6-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

it's specifically because of the kinect "necessity", that i won't be purchasing an Xbox-One...which is a shame..i was really looking forward to the next forza...

in a way, i'm kinda glad 343 industries ruined the halo franchise with Halo 4...now i don't hafta be bummed that i'll never get to play it....unless, of course, this kinect thing proves so horribly unpopular, that microsoft caves, and removes the kinect requirement.....then i'd consider getting one..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
I am going to buy a Xbox One and disassemble it. I want to know what is inside this bad boy. Might even make a thread with pictures about it.

i look forward to that...however, the official teardowns will probably show up first.....can't wait for those, i'm stoked to see what the guts of the PS4 and XOne look like

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Still you can always disconnect the kinnect.

no....you can't...

it literally won't work without the kinect plugged in.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor
You want a solution to this?

Hmmm...how about unplug it from the wall when you are done playing?

Then you can do whatever you want!

OR....don't buy it in the first place?

i shouldn't hafta constantly unplug a device i bought for entertainment, because i'm concerned the goddamn thing might be an NSA surveillance device....

That's bulls**t....we don't conform to what microsoft wants, THEY conform to what WE want...they want our dollars, they do as we say.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by konig
Just few hours ago i read it someplace. This whole conspiracy was created and supported by Sony Playstation. (Ofcource as keeping the rivalry ). So that does answers something. And by the way collecting that much of visual that, processing it, and then analyzing it requires a lot of powerful processor. I have had plenty of experience in this field and its way tougher than you all think. So this is not possible for them i guess, So please relax and play that damn COD

are you some kind of idiot?

i hate to be mean, but i gotta ask....like Sankari, you don't seem to do ANY research on a topic before talking about it...

microsoft confirmed that the Kinect MUST remain connected to the unit, that it WILL NOT function without it, and that it MUST connect to the internet once every 24 hours, or you will not be able to use the unit.

"analyzing"...are you insane? think of it as being like a DVR with cameras attached to it....you set them to only record relevant events, like motion, for instance..now it records movement...or you tell it to record, when it hears certain words, or sees certain shapes.....

there is no analyzing...there's low-level intelligence analysts who sit there, and watch footage all day...

experience in the field?....heh, yeah right..you haven't a clue..
edit on 10-6-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthFazer
Not to mention the red ring of death having to replace several 360 consoles so far due to a design flaw. I expect the new console will have the same issues . Try to resolve the problem they will make you pay for repairs that is their own fault. M$ customer service is a joke.

XBOX you are dead to me

edit on 10-6-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

I will have to look around for a source but I have heard that they are already having heat issues and are downclocking it because of the heat issues. If they have another RROD problem I think it will kill the xbox for this generation no matter what games they come out with. I have had 3 xbox 360s so far the first one the modem died on me and it wouldn't start up so I replaced it through microsoft and the second one RROD on me and I went out and bought a new one.

I don't know how accurate this is but
www.stfuandplay.com...

About a month ago I was told by an unnamed source that Microsoft was having heating issues with the Xbox One. There wasn’t enough details to go forward with a story so it was kept under wraps until more information surfaced on this issue. Today, a completely different source close to the Xbox One project, informed me that Microsoft will have to under clock the Xbox One about 100-200mhz to fix the systems heating issues.

What does this mean to developers? Well we already know that the PS4 is more of a powerhouse than the Xbox One. It has faster RAM and bus bandwidth than the Xbox One already. Under clocking the system will widen the gap between the two consoles, but at the same time will keep the failure rate on the Xbox One very low. The last thing we need is another RRoD fiasco. In terms of games, you will see a significant difference in multiplatform titles. Lower clock speed means lower frame rates. This means that a game running 60fps on PS4 may only run at 30fps on Xbox One.
edit on 10-6-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Seriously, you can buy the new xbox without the Kinect. Xbox one is doing a promotion the first month I believe to have an xbox one with Kinect bundle for only 50 bucks more, that's one hell of a deal.
The sole purpose of the Kinect is to not spy on you people, its for intuitive gaming, I have the current Kinect and love playing it, zumba, sports and the whole like.
Yes, us small paranoid community will see it as, "OMG!!11 their watching us!!!111" but the 90% of the rest of society can give a crap. I don't either and I'm one with YOU GUYS.
I for one will buy the new XBOX ONE PLUS Kinect. I will play my games and enjoy it to the fullest extent. You may need an always on internet connection, sure, but you can always disable your Kinect if you want. Its not Microsoft that determined this, it is society...and that means YOU, yes your user post on ATS are a testament to that, some of your ATSers post every single day, from your smartphones to your work/home computers. Microsoft has seen that current generation society is connected no matter what, key word being, "Connected".
Soooo, what not? its not hurting me or depraving me of anything and I could care less about AD's. If you know yourself and are capable of doing the right things and taking preventive measures, then by all means, GAME AWAY.
I for one am ready for the next generation of titles these new systems will bring. I am a gamer at heart, since the olden days of precursor tech like Atari/intellevision to the first real console wars between the giants, Nintendo and Sega...the betrayals that lead to Sony's entrance with Playstation to Sega's demise and the great XBOX takeover with HALO that set the standard for Hardcore Console FPS and slowly fading prominence of Nintendo's stature as a top contender, These Next Gen systems will be the height of console technological progress and the Console machine Gods, XBOX and PLAYSTATION will do whats needed to garner the attention of the masses. This is one fight that I will not miss and for one will enjoy the slew of awesome titles headed our way.
I will post on ATS while waiting in line for the new XBOX ONE and PS4.
So chill out and relax with the whole we spy on you thing, just sell you Kinect, BAM! spying done.
I mean seriously, ATS collects information on you, its called stats. Your smartphone, car, computer, credit card purchases, everything. I thought you people would have figured that out already.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Show me that stats to that please. Sources close to projects doesn't tell me jack, if that's that case then PS4 will most likely have the same problem. Its not a design flaw, its a matter of hardware that's packed in it, perhaps there are not enough fans? or heat sinks for that matter. The XBOX ONE is touted to be way more quieter than its predecessors, raise an eyebrow???
the PS4 and XBOX ONE guts are pretty much the same, one could hardly tell the difference, this cycle is all about the games and entertainment side of it.
Waiting on your link please on the current technological specs between the two.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Arnie123 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
simple solution

get the PS4 instead

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

there is no analyzing...there's low-level intelligence analysts who sit there, and watch footage all day...

To monitor every damn kinect user through out the day and night by just sitting there and watching the same # again and again, how much Manpower for this thing do we need can you understand? Well, it will surely end the problem of lack of Jobs for sure.
I am not insane, my friend, You are the Analog person in this Digital world who is not able to understand the facts here.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painfulhead
Is there any way to know that this isn’t already happening with our lap tops. All the things that are being said about the xbox camera and internet hook up is going on with our lap tops . Mine starts at night and gets updates and I don’t know till the next day. My lap top has a camera a microphone and a internet connection. So are they all that different?
And don’t lots of computers run on operating systems made by this same company?
Wait…that means… I gatta go (at least put pants on if some one is already watching me )……..thanks Painfulhead
edit on 8-6-2013 by Painfulhead because: sp

I was thinking that myself.
I was thinking how outrageous this xbox one is and then I noticed that my laptop has a front camera and microphone.
For those who are concerned about the xbox one, buy a ps4 instead, they have better games anyway, and free online.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

To monitor every damn kinect user through out the day and night by just sitting there and watching the same # again and again, how much Manpower for this thing do we need can you understand? Well, it will surely end the problem of lack of Jobs for sure.
I am not insane, my friend, You are the Analog person in this Digital world who is not able to understand the facts here.

I dont know if this has already been implemented, but I think the future of analysing data will be done using super computers processing data, analysing conversations and flagging anything suspicious.
Look at how clever cheap mobile phones are in recognising your voice. Supercomputers could take it to a whole new level, and could analyse conversations in a mater of milliseconds.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

there are still great roadblocks in implementing that. the voice recognition is generally done on cloud and not on your local phone (or thats how it does in my Android) and still it is not even able to recognise the things i say to it due to my Indian Accent. Our technology is not that advanced to process this lot of info at once and also Algorithms are not fullproof enough to do the work. It still needs a few decades to reach that level. So what i am saying is we are safe for few years for now.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

so what if a person does not have an online account?

or what if someone doesn't have internet at all? would that mean the game won't play properly?

"xbox angry!!!!!"
"xbox smash!!!!"

i'll stick to playstation and the killzone franchise.
killzone > halo

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

Show me that stats to that please. Sources close to projects doesn't tell me jack, if that's that case then PS4 will most likely have the same problem. Its not a design flaw, its a matter of hardware that's packed in it, perhaps there are not enough fans? or heat sinks for that matter. The XBOX ONE is touted to be way more quieter than its predecessors, raise an eyebrow???
the PS4 and XBOX ONE guts are pretty much the same, one could hardly tell the difference, this cycle is all about the games and entertainment side of it.

there is nothing but rumors out there until today, so like I said I'm not sure how reputable that site is but that's what I have heard so far. Alot of stuff has been pretty spot on with the xbox so I can't say this isn't legit and I can't say it is legit.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

firstly, he was quoting an article....

secondly, the guts are not "pretty much the same", the only thing they have in common is their intel-based x86 processor architecture, everything else is different.

and lastly, go look up the specs yourself....i'll bet anything you find is speculation, or based on pre-launch information, which is subject to change.

the poster made no specific claims based on information he was given..he was simply talking about an article he read..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

you obviously didn't bother to read my whole post....

it wouldn't be a matter of monitoring EVERY user in real time throughout the entirety of every day henceforth, and in perpetuity....it'll most likely be a matter of it being set up to only record on certain triggers, like certain words, or certain shapes being detected by the kinect....and of course, i'm sure the option would always exist for real-time monitoring, but it would most likely be like a DVR kind of deal..

then those recorded events would be transmitted, and watched....in the vast majority of cases, the recorded clips would be seconds, or maybe a couple of minutes long, at most.

i have 20 years experience in "information technology", and i've seen and done a lot...calling me analog is silly, and shows you know nothing about me.

you'd do well to refrain from making assumptions about people.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join