It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Answer One Question. "Why"?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I believe I have received the correct interpretation, so why are our interpretations so different? In fact, why do the 40,000 denominations believe they have received the correct interpretations yet they all differ?

Does god give people different interpretations on purpose? And give them the wrong interpretations? Because your interpretation differs from others who believe and have prayed for theirs.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I believe I have received the correct interpretation, so why are our interpretations so different? In fact, why do the 40,000 denominations believe they have received the correct interpretations yet they all differ?
Does god give people different interpretations on purpose? And give them the wrong interpretations? Because your interpretation differs from others who believe and have prayed for theirs.

It could be worse, by about 6 billion fold different interpretations of God not the secular 40,000; Imagine if we/us focused upon a One Thing, We Could Manifest It (do you think) feathered wings or leather hooves, Hydra, human or something riding a flying carpet?
edit on 10-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If you have found the love "within" the pages of the bible than your interpretation is good. If you fail to find the love "within", you are not "enlightened". If you are not "enlightened" by the scripture that teaches one how to find "heaven", than your interpretation is no good.

The problem is those who are not enlightened cannot "see" what they cannot yet "see", so you have to be very diplomatic in your approach, if you are dealing with those who have accepted a bad interpretation that does not lead them to find "heaven".

This is what I have been trying to explain to you for many days now. If someone has obtained the power and wisdom to control their emotions, and have chosen to eliminate negative emotions, to reach "enlightenment", to be "born again", then why should I not accept their religion and learn from the beauty of their religion.

I don't think this is true but here is how open my views are. If 7 billion people all had a different interpretation of the bible, the same bible, but it was obvious that all 7 billion had found heaven within and we came to the realization of a messianic age, then I would accept 7 billion different interpretations.

The bible is more about transformation of the spirit than it is words. If the words have not transformed your spirit than you must not understand what you have read.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

But every single one of those 40,000 denominations pray to the son, pray for the right interpretation, and believe they have the right one as your outline suggests.

So why are their interpretations so different from one another? Why do they meet the prerequisites, yet they all differ so greatly? Why is god giving them vastly different interpretations when they follow the guidelines that you laid out?

Do you know what enlightened means? Because believing the bible is infallible and non-contradictory is far from being enlightened.

Do you even know what God's light is? Can you explain it to me simply? Simply means in a few words, not paragraphs and paragraphs. What is God's light?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by vethumanbeing

This may sound crazy and way too simple but "just do it".

You see just go out and do something loving. Give away your last $5, really anything. After you do so think about that feeling. If the feeling is love go do it again. If the feeling is not, don't do it, try something else until you find what brings you joy.
Pick a music playlist that puts you in the mood to love, when it gets tired update it with new songs. Anything that directs your spirit to a positive state of mind. This can be a great way to meditate as well.
The only advice is stay away from what you call physical love, sexuality, when searching for this love. Because the love you are looking for is not physical. If you can learn how to accept love into your life by doing loving things, then you will begin to "see" that you have all the power you need within.
I cannot give you an easier guide book than this, you must "do" love to feel love. The words I love you are often meaningless when not used properly as a verb.

Im trying to trick myself into "That Loving Feeling" IM SERIOUS. Water the trees and the love felt I will try to replicate and send to those bearer bonders that owe me. Hormonal love I understand and know the difference. I have to learn to love myself without question first. I must try to replicate what my 'version' of love is MAYBE REINVENT IT for myself, look in the mirror and promise myself I will not slippity slide the current administation ANYMORE. Im really struggling with this and have no idea why. I MUST LET OTHERS LOVE ME (even if as presiding/standing God will NOT BE TOO SUSPICIOUS OF the INTENT of others) someone is always demanding something for payback or retribution (cannot keep track of everything, sorry).

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Originally posted by Colbe
The Protestant "born again" maybe a moment of conversion. Do not ignore Jesus' meaning of "born again."

First do some digging around to a users posts, and threads authored etc before you assume anything…

The one you are speaking with, is “Born Again”, which means to be born from above/God…

"Born Again" as Jesus explains in John, Chapter 3 is Water Baptism.

Water Baptism is a requirement. Water Baptism removes Original Sin, this is the first time your receive God's presence in your soul and the only thing that can remove His presence in your soul after Water Baptism is by committing a MORTAL sin. The reason Jesus established Confession (John 20:23). We are all sinners.

The real baptism is the receiving the Holy Spirit, and it is He who cleanses you. I believe that in John 3:5, that the water is an attribute of the Holy Spirit itself, as described in John 7:38.

Physical water baptism, is just the outward symbol IMO, for those who have already received the “Holy Spirit”

- JC

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

The Israelites believed in a religion of signs and wonders. The baptism of John in the Jordan was a symbolic cleansing; they were preparing for the coming messiah. The symbolism is very deep here on multiple levels. It is ceremonial cleansing, an acknowledgement that one is in need of cleansing, the relationship between water and spirit and the relationship between crossing the Jordan into the land of milk and honey.

Baptism in water is done to symbolize the cleansing of one from his sins as he prepares to cross the Jordan into the promised land. You immerse yourself in water/spirit and rise with the resurrected spirit of Christ who lives forever.

edit on 11-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

When I started this I was lost and desperate. I knew that I could not be here without purpose but I could find no purpose. So I was truly lost an orphan without a home. Life had taught me to trust others only to the point at which I was willing to get hurt.

At first I didn't do loving things because I loved others. I was merely following the command of Christ, to serve others. You see that was enough, I gave up my life to follow him, purely based on faith that his way had to be better than mine. I followed Christ out of desperation and in disbelief but I followed him anyway, because I admitted I was lost.

Trust, it will come but it comes last. At least it did for me. I had to believe in love, and do loving things. At first I did not realize that I was actually spreading love with the things I was doing. It wasn't until I really saw that my actions were having a positive impact on others that I believed I had any power. Seeing that I was making a positive impact brought me love, even though it was not love that I was seeking but salvation.

At the point I could begin to see, it took me three years to really begin to understand what I was saying. I was teaching Christ to my children without fully learning the lesson myself.

I told my daughter God is love about 2 years before I truly believed it myself.
I told my daughter the one who chooses love first always wins 2 years before I truly believed it myself.
I told my daughter she had control over her emotions 2 years before I truly believed it myself.

Why did I believe, because a child who had listened to Jesus speak through my mouth, taught me that everything Jesus said was true. My daughter was saved by God, I was saved by her.

Don't ever give up. God loves you even when you can't feel it. Love is never far from you because it resides in you.

God is love; there is no other word that can better describe what I know about God.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

But every single one of those 40,000 denominations pray to the son, pray for the right interpretation, and believe they have the right one as your outline suggests.

So why are their interpretations so different from one another? Why do they meet the prerequisites, yet they all differ so greatly? Why is god giving them vastly different interpretations when they follow the guidelines that you laid out?

Do you know what enlightened means? Because believing the bible is infallible and non-contradictory is far from being enlightened.

Do you even know what God's light is? Can you explain it to me simply? Simply means in a few words, not paragraphs and paragraphs. What is God's light?

Care to answer my question and post sac?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

God = love = spirit = light = Father
The son = love = spirit = light = Christ Jesus

I possess an interpretation of the bible that proves the bible teaches universalism. The interpretation directly proves most of the things the church teaches about God's love for Christians, is really the way God loves all men. In the interpretation I cannot find, nor has anyone else found, a contradiction to scripture in what I am saying in either the OT or NT.

You can't Google 90% of the things I am saying and using scripture to support.

You are speaking to a man who is telling you he possesses a near perfect understanding of scripture and claims that the entire bible teaches universalism and love, and that there is not even one contradiction. The faith that I have had in the word has lead me to this knowledge; Knowledge that the book itself predicts that anyone can have.

The Spirit of Love lives in me, this much I know. I know that I am "born again", "enlightened".

Consider the possibility that the bible was written by hands more "enlightened" than yours. Then consider the possibility that you are speaking to a man who possess the same spirit.

How much more "enlightened" do you think I need to be?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

You do not realize that the light is what you see, it is the image that you are using right now to read this. That is the light, that is the spirit, and every human being and every living creature has the light, not just Christians or those who believe in the bible.

The Father is One with everyone, and so is the Son. If you think of the Son and Father as light, then we are all One with the Father, not just Jesus. This is the truth that the bible obscures, we are all the only begotten Son of god, because we are all One, the same essence, that of the Father, the spirit.

I and the Father are One, so are you, so was Jesus, and so is everyone else. We are the manifestation of God because we have his light within us. This is the message Jesus was trying to spread, but he was killed then his words twisted through the bible.

So now the church spreads the correct message? I thought you said it was man-made and evil? Do you no longer believe that? If you have near perfect interpretation of the bible, then why does it differ so greatly from what the church teaches, the institution that you say spreads the correct interpretation? You can't have both at the same time because your interpretation is completely different from theirs and you both cannot be right at the same time.

Romans 1
20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

The invisible qualities of God are the Word, your thoughts. Thoughts are invisible, they are not seen, only thought, and they are clearly "seen" through the image that you see right now and through what is made, your image, the light.

I'm not one to quote Paul, but he is 100% right here, though the teachings surrounding this verse hide its true meaning.

I am the light of the world, so are you, so was Jesus, and so is everyone else. This is the truth that the bible obscures. YOU are the light, YOU are the Son, YOU are the Father, and you are both One.
edit on 11-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You can go back to the beginning when I first came to ATS, I have always made the claim and continue to make the claim that the church is the Anti-Christ. "Original Sin" this is what the church teaches, that one must overcome. THERE IS NO ORIGINAL SIN, only capitalized so you can see what I believe.

The entire interpretation of scripture is based on something that the bible never even talks about. Of course the church is wrong, they are the Anti-Christ that was predicted to come and kill or mark all believers.

Read about the Inquisition, WWI, WW2 the holocaust (scattering of the Jews), Possibly a mention of Napoleon in Revelation, Then the divided Kingdome, the two party system.

Read what I just wrote then read prophecy, The Roman Catholic Church is the Anti Christ and we have documented history that this belief dates back to at least Martin Luther. Was Luther wrong "NO", he simply didn't have the gift to interpret, for whatever purpose, God's purpose.

Read Daniel through the end of the OT and Revelation. Think about Jerusalem representing Christianity today. Then read how each of the wars have left some detail either in the OT or NT or both. After you read it, if you believe it rejoice. Because the final war is won in peace, listen to Daniels first vision! It has been decided.

Daniel 7:13-14, 23-28 13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed….

23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

26 “‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. 27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’

28 “This is the end of the matter.

I, Daniel, was deeply troubled by my thoughts, and my face turned pale, but I kept the matter to myself.”

I know this is mad but read it as many times as you need to. If Martin Luther, many others, and myself are correct than Rome is the Anti-Christ. This is not to condemn anyone but so you may understand the power and glory of God. Because you see according to Daniel what happens after the fall of the beast comes the messianic age.

You can choose to believe whatever you want. But I am not making a stretch guess. If you read what I told you starting with the background on the inquisition and holocaust, just to be reminded what really happened. And you understand that The Catholics forced baptism, Hitler too forced a mark, except on those who scattered around the world. Then it seems too crazy but to accurate to not be true.

Rome, Russia, Germany, the USA the 4 Kingdoms. This is another key.

edit on 11-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Yet you believe in the words that the church was founded on: Paul's epistles. That is very ironic you know.

Original sin is not the only thing the church teaches. If it is the antichrist, then why do they rely so heavily on the words of Paul? The church was founded on his teachings, so why do you defend him to the death? He is the co-founder of the church, and his words have not been changed one bit since its inception. Cognitive dissonance, I've been telling you that this whole time.

You don't have any thoughts on my other points? Are you just ignoring them? That's very disingenuous of you.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by colbe

The Protestant "born again" maybe a moment of conversion. Do not ignore Jesus' meaning of "born again."

First do some digging around to a users posts, and threads authored etc before you assume anything…

The one you are speaking with, is “Born Again”, which means to be born from above/God…

"Born Again" as Jesus explains in John, Chapter 3 is Water Baptism.

Water Baptism is a requirement. Water Baptism removes Original Sin, this is the first time your receive God's presence in your soul and the only thing that can remove His presence in your soul after Water Baptism is by committing a MORTAL sin. The reason Jesus established Confession (John 20:23). We are all sinners.

The real baptism is the receiving the Holy Spirit, and it is He who cleanses you. I believe that in John 3:5, that the water is an attribute of the Holy Spirit itself, as described in John 7:38.

Physical water baptism, is just the outward symbol IMO, for those who have already received the “Holy Spirit”

- JC

Nah, this is the Protestant take because they want to defend their new meaning for "born again" and can't
come up with "water" professing now "born again" means the altar call.

Christ uses outward symbols to impart His grace, WATER is the outward sign in the Sacrament of Baptism.

Please read John 3:22, after Jesus explains "born again" means water baptism to Nicodemus. The Apostles
and Our Lord went out and baptized. I wonder exactly what the KJV states for John 3:5 AND John 3:22?
There are thousands of changes in the KJV from the original, the Latin Vulgate.

All the first Christians agree, "born again" is Water Baptism. Protestantism came along centuries later
with their new meaning.

No hard feelings, God bless you,

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As long as you believe that the one is love, than you are right.

But there is nothing wrong with me accepting Jesus as my teacher that was sent from God. His firstborn, we were all born, because we are all here. To me Jesus Christ as man and spirit I place a little higher than mine, he is what I aspire to become. He is a goal to love perfectly.

You see if God is the Spirit of Love, and Jesus is the Spirit of Love, and I have the Spirit of Love within me than we must all be one as you say, even though I choose to see it a little differently than you.

I believe that my beliefs are more in line with biblical texts, but that does in no way discredit your path.

"Listen" to what I say, I mean really "Listen", this time. Our views are compatible; we need not share the same religion to share the same spirit. But the spirit we must share is the spirit of love. Because there are many spirits but we should only share the spirit of love with one another.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

So you are raising Jesus up on a pedestal. If you have the spirit of love within you then you have already reached his height. How do you not understand that? You have given yourself to love, meaning you are not lower than Jesus, you are equal to him. You have nothing to aspire to be because you have already reached it.

You raising Jesus above yourself is you doubting yourself. That's the exact reason the church was created, for people to doubt themselves. You are the light of the Father, you are the Son, and you are One with your Father, just as Jesus was. You are the manifestation of God, you are God in the flesh, as is everyone else. If you realize that, you will be free.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Yet you believe in the words that the church was founded on: Paul's epistles. That is very ironic you know.

Original sin is not the only thing the church teaches. If it is the antichrist, then why do they rely so heavily on the words of Paul? The church was founded on his teachings, so why do you defend him to the death? He is the co-founder of the church, and his words have not been changed one bit since its inception. Cognitive dissonance, I've been telling you that this whole time.

You don't have any thoughts on my other points? Are you just ignoring them? That's very disingenuous of you.

I don’t have the energy to pull up scripture for you, so if you don’t believe me fine.

Paul speaks in tongues, Speaking in tongues is the Gnostic term used in the bible for talking about "Enlightened Wisdom". Paul was highly "Enlightened", too "Enlightened" for me to comprehend.

It was not until after I prayed for the gift of tongues and the gift of interpretation, did I begin to "see" the spirit and the Gnosticism in Paul's writings. He is speaking on a whole new level of awareness, a level that has taken three years to sink in and is still sinking in. One cannot understand Paul apart from faith in Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit within.

Only a man that believes in the OT, NT and every word to be true could even hope to unlock Paul's message. And even with that, the key is love, and one who is not pursuing love could never find love, so the key is well hidden.

I am a man who both believed in Christ and believed every word to be true. This is the interpretation that has been given me. -Peace-

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

So you are raising Jesus up on a pedestal. If you have the spirit of love within you then you have already reached his height. How do you not understand that? You have given yourself to love, meaning you are not lower than Jesus, you are equal to him. You have nothing to aspire to be because you have already reached it.

You raising Jesus above yourself is you doubting yourself. That's the exact reason the church was created, for people to doubt themselves. You are the light of the Father, you are the Son, and you are One with your Father, just as Jesus was. You are the manifestation of God, you are God in the flesh, as is everyone else. If you realize that, you will be free.

I have realized what you are saying. I promise one can become truly free and love Jesus enough that to put him on a pedestal only brings more joy. Have faith that I can give Jesus a little bit of honor while allowing myself to be elevated to the position of immortal son of God, sitting next to him on the thrown, like Jesus said.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

So why would the antichrist take his words and run with them? The church was founded by him, his teachings preserved throughout the past 2,000 years and never changed once. They use his teachings as the basis for their faith doctrine.

Paul teaches about original sin in Romans 5, so he must also be the antichrist because not only did he teach original sin, he also founded the church.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

It could be worse, by about 6 billion fold different interpretations of God not the secular 40,000; Imagine if we/us focused upon a One Thing, We Could Manifest It (do you think) feathered wings or leather hooves, Hydra, human or something riding a flying carpet?

Bingo, 3NL, asks a wonderful question. It shows the error of Protestantism, no authority. God gave the authority
to interpret Scripture to the Church, she canonized Scripture. Logic and revelation make sense.

God has one plan, not 40,000 versions of His one plan. You can't see 40,000 differences are important, of
course you would say gee whiz, it could be "6 billion." In one of Paul's verses, he speaks of oneness of
belief, repeating and repeating the word oneness. Jesus' prayer to the father is that we all believe the same.
Eph 4:5, speaks of oneness. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism"...sooo...one Church.

Sac, God wants you to become Roman Catholic. Jesus states the gates of hell will not overcome My Church.
The anti-Christ will not destroy the Church, Our Lord's promise. He is going to try, that should be a light
bulb for everyone. He knows who the true faith is AND Satan believes in the Eucharist. Why do Satanists
steal consecrated hosts?

God bless you,

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join