It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After School Program becomes 'Kiddie Fight Club'!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ahh... I'll bet you thought you'd seen and heard just about everything as a regular ATS reader, hadn't you? Well, let me see if I can't give you a story to cause you to question that assumption.

This one takes some sort of record for outrageous and terrible conduct. It must. It's just horrendously bad and irresponsible. Personally, I'm surprised we see it in civil and not criminal court for years of time in their own "After Work Program", courtesy of the State of Illinois.

So, what happened, you ask? Kiddie Fight Club, you wonder? Here...Let me explain. Parents? Hang on to your seats. This is quite a story!

CHICAGO (CN) - Employees of an afterschool program forced little kids to fight and videotaped the fights on cell phones, two mothers claim in court.

The mothers sued Kidz Express, its president Duane Ehresman, executive director Douglas Lowe, and their employees Octavia Dillon and Rajai Moore, in Cook County Court.

Dillon and Moore forced the kids to fight and filmed it at Kidz Express, an afterschool program on the West Side of Chicago, the mothers say in the complaint.

They didn't just figure a children's fight club would be amusing or funny...they figured taping it would be dandy as well. Oh, it is nice when the worst people supply their very own evidence.

Dillon and Moore "forced and required the minor plaintiff children, Melanie Currin, Keith Currin, Kale Currin and Asharee West, to engage in fighting amongst themselves and others, including the defendant Rajai Moore's sister, India Moore and his brother, Keith Moore," the complaint states.

This was on Oct. 13 and 14, 2011, according to the complaint.

"During the course of said fighting, the defendants, Octavia Dillon and Rajai Moore, made videos of the fighting using a cell phone," the complaint states.
(Source: Courthouse News)

Scum anyone? I think we have some here....and the poor kids weren't just used. Abused is an understatement. The children were between 5 and 7 years old at the time of their staged fights. The mothers are suing for $300,000 in a combination of medical, emotional and psychological damage these kids suffered and may continue to suffer as a result.

I suppose the moral of this story is for parents. If you feel something isn't right? Trust that intuition. It may very well be correct and your kids may just not have the ability or the courage to volunteer the problem. In this case? The problem was entirely too adult to expect them to just blurt out on the first instance. In reading the article, it appears to have gone on for some period of time.

It's quite a world when we even need to think of things like this as a possibility, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Not a surprise that it's in Chicago... They are just getting them ready for real life there.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's disgusting what some people put kids through these days. And this isn't the first time I've heard of such a story. Other daycares and after school programs in the past have made children do the same. And that type of abuse isn't limited to just children either.

I do believe that there was a thread on here a few months ago about a "fight club" based out of a Nursing Home. The employee's forced the residents to fight and made various bets on them. I do believe that the residents were also deprived of food and other basic necessities as well.

What a screwed up place this world has become.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

Who is actually being sued? Is it the state?

This is even worse - I had a black co-worker that charged "racial crime" on her friend (they were friends - their kids played together) when the white friend became angry and stated that she is not racist - the black friend told her "don't worry - we'll split the money". We all work for the state of WI.

Her "suit" didn't go anywhere - but the black friend always had some kind of "suit" going.

This could be even worse than it appears.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am shocked, but not surprised actually. This has happened before.

Terrified residents at a Corpus Christi, Texas, state school for the mentally disabled were forced to be part of a brutal "fight club" operated by night shift employees, who made videos of the sessions with their cell phones, the newly released videos show.

One resident is seen on the video trying to run away from his attacker and a large group of employees and residents tracking him through the halls. When cornered, he wails and moans and tells the employees, "I will behave."

Mentally Disabled Forced Into 'Fight Club' at Texas Home

Sick, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

This is really tragic, I want to ask is this funded by any sort of tax payer
program? Who is overseeing this kind of a program?

In any case, a really good reason to know where your children are,
and know who they are with. Anything short of that, you can expect trouble,
or worse.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

In any case, a really good reason to know where your children are,
and know who they are with. Anything short of that, you can expect trouble,
or worse.

As a father, and a single parent at that, I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Not just for my children, but for everyones for that matter.

edit on 8-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Amen Sonny1!
Life is short, time wil; lfly by...there is hardly enough time with them
while they are young. Lets cherish it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Sickening, isn't it?

I wish I could be a little more shocked, but I'm not.

The after school madness takes place even in the most upscale communities, not just the ghettos of Chicago. I've seen it first hand.

Right around 3 to 4 pm is just about the time they're all crashing from their adderall (not a pretty sight). It's a war zone no child should learn to cope with.

Injury reports are passed out like badges of honor. I kid you not, I knew a lady who's son threw a trash can on a teacher's foot during a fit of rage and broke her toe!

This is one of the reasons why I discontinued my crazy work life ( to be available for my girls ). They shouldn't be exposed to craziness like that. They are so much happier now too. I feel bad for people who have no choice.

edit on 8-6-2013 by B1rd1nFL1ghT because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

join