It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It shouldn't matter if you aren't doing anything wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
My advice, throw away your computer, your mobile phone and your TV but then you'll probably go on a list for that to........

[sarcasm]

GOOD ADVICE!

That makes weeding out the criminals and terrorists easier, as they will only be ones using the internet, as they had been doing ALL the time to get training and manuals to be radicalized by their leaders using the net's anonymity to warp their minds.

And for the law abiding citizens, go back to snail mail and land lines telephones, end all funding for technology and progress evolution, and let the radicals whom believed mankind should regress and be kept ignorant as much as possible, and espacially stupid to trust and believe that internet survilliance will NOT be able root out the evil humans whom lived amongst us.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

You know, most of us already knew and was no surprise as you state in the OP. Now.... What's on my mind is... What is the next thing to be right? Because the notion that 'Big Brother' is watching you and everything you do was the first conception in a grand scheme of things.

What's next? FEMA Camps discovered? Maybe somebody's kids have to be taken away for some fire to light inside them.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

What's next? FEMA Camps discovered? Maybe somebody's kids have to be taken away for some fire to light inside them.

Oh yea....I can't wait for that to break the front pages.

The U.S. Government has already acknowledged FEMA Camps. They have never tried to hide it. Hell, they have Field Manuals on how to construct them. They have even acknowledged the DUMBs.

But I guess that since it is only conspiracy theorists/buffs that express a interest in them, they are written off as nutjobs.

Meanwhile, the rest of the sheep go on grazing.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Fema camps? wow! What a mind you have as a contribution to this thread, and following your example of greatness in unsubstantiated beliefs as great thinking, may I share the following? -

I would prefer if the next thing ALLEGED discovered is that ELVIS IS ALIVE!!!!!!......hehe....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
could not agree more mate, i wake up every day wondering the same thing. its like we are living in a dream world and are the only ones that are "awake" and if you scream no one can hear you.

about the only thing i've ever thought that we can seriously do as individuals is prepare, and wait for when they finally step over the line and the SHTF be ready. have a small close group of people to trust and have a plan for when it comes to the point that everyone wakes up.
edit on 8-6-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A lot of people are afraid. They believe there is a boogeyman out to get them. So, they prefer pay more taxes for their government to save them. Then to keep their money and learn to defend themselves.

A lot of people dont know how to fight back. They have been trained to think that only Aliens, in the form of Superman, or invading monsters will save them.

A lot of people believe they can solve it with their next vote. They can't believe their own country can become a bloodthirsty dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Criminals, deviants, pedophiles, druggies, corrupted,terrorists, will tell you that they are only bogeymen and dont exist, phantoms conjured up by the govt so that citizens will turn against the govt whose role is to protect and defend the nation, ending which those criminals will be free to run rampant, as they freely run rampant around the world today.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Guys(and girls) what Are you going to do?

Look,i know i'm South African,and i have my own unique set of problems-but since i was a small child,in the 60's i have watched America,and watched in awe your fabulous freedom.I was a child in the draconian apartheid South Africa,and in my teens,ducking bombs and hoping my boyfriend came home from from our border,whether with Namibia or Angola.

But i will be honest,even with the threat of the "Night of the Long Knives' or something similar always a credible worry,i still feel:"thank you God,that we are not trapped in America"

Look,from the outside one can see things that a person involved right there in the heart and middle of the matter,can not.And from where i have been watching America since i was a tiny kiddy+being in my 40's now-i can see things in a better perspective than i think many American citizens can.

I will say only one thing,from my observation:If you have small children,try to get out.
If you don't,or your children are adults-decide if it's worth it,to fight for it,or get out.

I see the direction this is going,and all my instincts,for a year now,have been screaming to tell American friends-get Out while you can.

Because one day you may not be able to do so any more.Laugh at me now,i really do not care,i am sitting here in the Bush+we are safe-my concern is for you all.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Fema camps? wow! What a mind you have as a contribution to this thread, and following your example of greatness in unsubstantiated beliefs as great thinking, may I share the following? -

I would prefer if the next thing ALLEGED discovered is that ELVIS IS ALIVE!!!!!!......hehe....

Surely the claims aren't that outlandish.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I see the direction this is going,and all my instincts,for a year now,have been screaming to tell American friends-get Out while you can.

Nope. I'm gonna stick around. Do my part in resisting and see were all this leads to.

Hell, I've been annoying people since 1962. Why stop now? After all, it's one of the things I'm good at.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I wonder if that argument cuts both ways.

Surely if government is doing nothing wrong they would let everyone read all their mail and film their offices, and they wouldn't have a major punitive freak out over Wikileaks?

So how about it?

Yes yes yes! This!

I foresee a future where humanity will diverge. There will be a society without secrets and a society with secrets. In the society without secrets it has to go both ways otherwise resentment and conflict will occur.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

You have a tendency to keep going back to the "Bush-implemented" argument. I don't get that.

Obama has been in charge for the past 5-1/2 years. He owns this. In fact, he even expanded it. Much like he did with the Fast and Furious scandal.

He can't pass the buck. He is in charge and it is on his plate alone. Accept that. One injustice, does not justify another.

To be truthful, I don't care whether you accept it or not. I do however, care about when Obama accepts some responsibility himself. He is the POTUS after all.

If he ever came out and said "I screwed up and here is how I am going to fix it." My respect for him would grow by leaps and bounds. But I don't see it happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
"well, im not doing anything wrong- well, im not doing anything different from most others- i know the internet is monitored 24/7- i know they have access to my emails- and im not doing anything wrong or illegal so i dont care if i am spied on" ect... these all were just 'conspiracy theories' or assumptions.... till now. so you have found out that the govt is spending, what...hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars a month to watch people doing nothing wrong and you dont think there is anything wrong with it? your outrage should be just as bad as those of us that find it wrong and disturbing that the govt thinks it needs to watch, spy, monitor everything we do, cause ANYONE OF US COULD BE A POTENTIAL THREAT.

which brings the question others have asked.."if most are not doing anything wrong, whats the point?" why would the govt think it NEEDS to spend all the money and resources to watch nothing? we know the govt is stupid but they are not stupid in this way. people forget that we are growing in technology and philosophies and are changing....all this is setting the ground work for bigger and...better... ways to gather info on activities, desires and wants of the people all to keep them in check. instill fear in the people so they never step out of line, the never question the govt, the never look for answers or reasons. the govt is in the game for the 'long haul', the people have a short attention span and are only in the game for a short moment but still live and play by rules that they have no say in..or decided to have no say in. those who do not live by the sword can still die by the sword analogy holds true for this situation.

so you THINK you are not doing anything wrong? are you sure? are you really sure? are your circle of, not only your friends but their friends ect all fine and upstanding citizens? (maybe you train at a gym were a potential threat is seen, maybe you belong to a controvertial conspiracy website) when the net is cast into the sea, it does not discriminate about what it catches. from my time in law enforcement, ive seen how wide a net can be cast and how aquaintences of friends can be questioned even thou 'im not doing anything wrong'

so whats next, cause there is always a next step.....what kind of books do you read, how about music (well, they sorta know)..monitoring your possible thoughts about this or that, do you ALWAYS drive the speed limit and carry the proper insurance on all your vehicles ect? when you walk into a store, why shouldnt you be patted down? you shouldnt have anything illegal on you anyway..or how about checking bags when out and about, if your not doing anything wrong..why should you care? and if 'im not doing anything wrong'..whats wrong with TPTB conducting monthy household checks? because really, what right to privacy should you have in order to keep society safe? how much privacy is too much? ...the govt monitors your words thru the electronic medium and the airwaves and apparently that is not too intrusive, just 'modest encroachments'. the next step could be to rationalize that all 'bad' things must be happening behind closed doors,bad things are not planned out in the local park..think they were watching how the internet reacted to the boston bombing???....soooooo

where does it stop? what is too much? where will the people draw the line? cause the govt will never draw a line untill that line is able to go thru you....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Great Rant! I'd flag ya if I could...but ya get a star anyways. (That and a buck-59 will get ya a cup 'o coffee)

To many people don't seem to get it. They take it personal. And it's not about that at all. It's about control.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think I mentioned this before. I know it is true from a personal account of someone who worked on the wiring.

Also, so everyone knows, what the person in charge thinks is right or wrong is completely arbitrary.

In all likely-hood, every single person in the U.S. could be a target depending on which political party is in power, or, well, if they happen to do have a valid opinion on the government or corporations, some other charge could be dug up and used against them.

I honestly don't think there is a single person in this country who "isn't doing anything wrong."

Sorry guys.
edit on 8-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is all just rubbish to me..and typical of the modern western mindset. Just because this spying on everyone has been made public..people are shocked. I mean how thick are people? We were told about 10 years ago that the states listen in for keywords online and in cell phone conversations and track everything..so this is all old news. Its beyond obvious that anything you do online will be monitored, the naivety to ever have though otherwise amazes me, but reaffirms what I think of the general population..idiots who have to read something in the mainstream media to actually accept it as being reality.

secondly the guardian newspaper..is a mainstream news outlet, wake the f**k up, wikileaks is also part of the "mainstream" because the mainstream press told us they existed and did no end of promoting them, same with anonymous,...only idiots would buy any of it, all these so called underground groups are endlessly promoted through the mainstream media, so they are not to be taken as credible underground sources of information. In fact my logic tells me all these underground leftist groups are fronts. Its quite obvious.

The fact it takes the guardian to shake people up a bit, shows how brain dead society is anyway, far beyond saving. Ohh what can we expect now a student protest? maybe another occupy movement, of bored students and hippy wannabees? hahahahahahaha, excuse me while i p155 my self... maybe a boycott of the internet..for 24 hours..ohh what a powerful stance to take...hahah, this society is f**king laughable, weak , feeble, soft, pathetic, mindless, egotistical, materialistic, drones. Calling people sheeple, is an insult to sheep, even sheep know to run when they see a bloody wolf... ..People are a joke these days..plastering their photos and personal lives all over facebook, which SHOCKER is also part of this prism scheme, nooo I never would have guess that from day one.......dumbed down doesn't even come close....brain dead zombies more like.

So if there are FEMA camps, and plans for a mass cull, bring it on, seriously I back it 100%, most of society are brain dead anyhow...just tell them they all won an expense paid trip to Hawaii and they will all jump on the trains to the death camps..i mean airports.

Oh just another thing..im from the UK...over 20 years ago I was in high school..One day i was at school and some people in white coats turned up, and there was no warning what so ever, no letters asking for parental consent etc. We had to que up and these guys rammed cotton buds right up our noses and put them into sealed containers. Sounds like unlawful collection of DNA doesn't it...Yet supposedly the UK doesn't do that. Get my drift.
edit on 8-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
So if there are FEMA camps, and plans for a mass cull, bring it on, seriously I back it 100%, most of society are brain dead anyhow...just tell them they all won an expense paid trip to Hawaii and they will all jump on the trains to the death camps..i mean airports.

It isn't the brain dead that are going to be targeted. Good point though, you had awesome flow going! Just wanted to point that out!

Also... uh... thanks for reminding me that people denied the surveillance programs and they turned out to be true. It makes me wonder about these FEMA camps...? Which I kind of thought were out there.

But... if they are going to be used, it would be soon. Why? Because Obama and / or the NSA would not have been careless enough to have had the information leaked unless it was too late and they were moving on to the next step.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by clearmind

Great Rant! I'd flag ya if I could...but ya get a star anyways. (That and a buck-59 will get ya a cup 'o coffee)

To many people don't seem to get it. They take it personal. And it's not about that at all. It's about control.

Thanks, I think you just solidified which side I'm on. We can't have people in charge who are totalitarian. I don't think it could last very long, at least...10-20 years, maybe.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Good for you,and i hope you never have to fight to blood.It is your country,and it used to be the one of the greatest upon the earth.it pains me,to see the difference,and the decline in American morality too.My best and fervent wishes and goodwill are with every decent good American person,always.Although many times i weep for my own beloved country,i often feel bitterly sad for yours too.I never lived there,yet from mountains of books read and movies,i can now,much later in life,with the benefit of hindsight,see the walls closing in for Americans-its impossible not to see,if you are sitting a continent way.
My best wishes for courage,integrity and strength always

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The thing is I am genuinely not bothered about this monitoring of the net etc, as I always knew it went on...What really p155es me off is the reaction to this supposedly big news...thats whats really angering me...how stupid are people???? that they need to be told the bloody obvious in life????? and not just that, the people need to be told to be outraged about it...how f**ked up is that...The people actually need a huge boot up the 455 to tell them.."hey this is wrong, all this invasion of privacy"..Thats how far society has gone down the 5hi77er, they no longer have a moral compass...seriously...when i grew up in the 80's we were told to be wary of sharing personal info with strangers...remember...but what the f**k happened, how quickly a whole civilization lost the plot...and mostly im talking about Facebook.

I mean the society we currently have deserves all we get..and thats whats been going on, we as a society are getting it up the 455 collectively, because the society has no actual substance to it..its just trivial nonsense..Look at facebook...think about it...and what it represents..and dont BS yourself about keeping in touch with friends etc, my 455...it all about ego and being a vacuous materialistic cu*t.
The incredible spread of that vacuous, me me me, look at how many "freinds" i have, facebook...That was the death knell to civilization...Other civilizations built things, pyramids, hanging gardens of Babylon, towers of Babel...the industrial revolution....you name it...but what does this society create??????????????????????????????????????????? Oh the cult of celebrity and 15 minutes of fame everyone is aiming for on facebook or youtube.

If there is a plan to depopulate, is must be well near now, as in my life, and i suspect in many generations and thousands of years, I honestly suspect people have never been this dumb and easy to manipulate. think about that. Can you imagine your great grandparents f**king about on facebook? Would they hell, back then people were to busy and actually valued their privacy and had some brains working bloody properly.
edit on 8-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join