It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Series of Antichrist Threads on the Way

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Is This the one you meant ?

Source

C4:Q82 Amas s'approche venant d'Esclauonie, L'Olestant vieux cité ruynera: Fort desolee verra sa Romanie, Puis la grande flamme esteindre ne s&cced;aura.

A throng approaches coming from Slaconia, The old Destroyer the city will ruin: He will see his "Romania" quite desolated, Then he will not know how to put out the great flame.

It is generally accepted that this referred to Napolean and his loss in Moscow.

14 Sept 1812 The French were camped in a deserted Moscow and a handful of remaining Muscovites set fire to the wooden buildings.

Cody

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Thanks, I like the name "The Great Destroyer." I just wrote a thread called Aleister Crowley on the Anti-Christ (Part I) that goes into the traditional view of the anti-Christ according to him.

I decided that what I am talking about is not the Christian anti-Christ, but a variant. I have something valid to say on the subject, but I don't think it ties in to the traditional anti-Christ like I thought it did at first.

The Great Destroyer works well, thanks. Also, Nostradamus was decent at predicting future events imo. Probably a better place to start.
edit on 8-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

How do you think Nostradamus got his information?

Good luck on trying to separate the spiritual world from the physical world.

Why do you think there's so much spirit talk that goes on in the gray area? Have you noticed how many of them there are? Why do you think they all hold their own separate truths? Even the spirits are divided and they are the ones dividing the people. Unless you think these are all crazy people with wild imaginations, but then you'd have to ask yourself how they became that way and why do they all say similar things?

There are spiritual entities out there who are at war with one another and they manipulate the people to do their bidding for them.

And yes, the Great Destroyer has another name.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not trying to turn this into a religious discussion, but I think you're going to find it impossible to separate your conclusion from that which is at least spiritual in nature, which is how Nostradamus received his information.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The concept of an "anti-Christ" is a Christian one, by definition.
It goes with the name.
If you want to disclaim any religious connection, you need to look for a different word.
If you insist on using a Biblical word, you must expect criticism in terms of how the word is defined Biblically.

It's not Biblical. It's the Greek word for Messiah, which is not a Biblical word any more than "the" is. Aagain, monopoly syndrome. For instance, there's plenty of people who think the Messiah has yet to come. To them, Jesus is not a Christ, which means that the anti-Christ has very little connection to Christianity in that way.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I was not referring to the word "Christ", but to the word "anti-Christ".
The Greek word is ANTICHRISTOS, which is NOT "the Greek for Messiah".
This appears for the first time in the first epistle of John, and may well have been coined by John himself.
Therefore I stand by my claim that "anti-Christ" is a Biblical word, with a definition which is Biblical.

edit on 8-6-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Also, forget about the anti-Christ being some religious fable or having something to do with Christianity. It is completely irrelevant one way or the other.

I'm certainly not going to be using any religious arguments or beliefs in God in my report, unless it is historical, there is a slight possibility I might use religious texts in a historical manner.

So were talking about the antichrist, but it wont pertain to anything that has to do with antichrist? Shouldn't you change the thread to "A Series of Opinion Threads is on the Way?"

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The name(s) you are looking for is/are, Son of Perdition, Apollyon, or Abaddon; All of which are interchangeable, pick which one you like the best. (Another is Man of Sin, but I guess that's too religious for some keyword: sin)

The "anti-christ" is a spirit, or stream of consciousness which has embodied many people, but the Son of Perdition will be an actual man.

Anywho, now that we got the name out of the way. Many expect this person to be egotistical, maniacal, tyrant, and blah blah blah. I tend to believe that this person will be meek and humble at first. Will appeal to all people. Will have solutions to what ails mankind as a whole. Pull off miracles to fool many.

To enforce the peace that will be created, he will then change and rule with an iron fist yet kindly, but people will accept this as the necessary measures to heal the world. It's either his way or the highway; death. Most will be so enthralled by this person that they won't even care.

That's what I think. I'm curious about the rest of your findings.
edit on 8-6-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Well, I will try to use known concepts of physics, quantum physics and psychology to describe cultural phenomena and do research on historical references to the anti-Christ.

The first thread was on Crowley's view of the anti-Christ, so I described a lot about how he seems to have either started or inherited the New Age movement with the vision of it taking out Christianity - he even mentions the "New Age" back in 1944.

If I have opinions, which I might (as well as speculations) I will try to back them up, at any rate, feel free to criticize, discuss, brainstorm, add to the discussions, etc.

So yeah... opinions and other things as well. I will try not to use religion unless in an historical context, or in a cultural context, as in "this group of people as a whole may act this way because of their beliefs"

Yeah, opinions in the long run, cause the conclusions I might make (which I'm not sure what they are yet) certainly aren't going to be infallible.
edit on 8-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

yep....you said a world government is good.....correct....we need a king I think...as long as He was a good King....reminds of a book I read, starting long ago, when I was just a boy .....it had a King who was here...then said he'd ....,"be back....don't worry"

edit on 8-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

ETA He was going to be a good King..!!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

And now you...darkbake......plowing deep is so cool.....I'm all about this thread and the others on this subject.....best thread ever.....for plowing deep......I tried to give you twenty stars but it would only let me do one.....

so i popped through the pages giving you and others all I could.....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Good post.buddy...thanks for that link...it's good reading......

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Thanks, man. I hope to go very deep and remain unbiased the best I can. I have to take some time to think over what's been presented in these threads so far.

@ everyone: I am trying to report on mechanics as much as possible, and historical viewpoints, so people are at least informed about their opinions, anyway if I have an opinion, so can others of course.

Well... if this series has to be taken into the spiritual realm, that's going to get crazy but you are right, I can't avoid it I don't think.
edit on 9-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spawn2001

Your not supposed to be a living breathing person.

I'm not supposed to be a living breathing person?
edit on 9-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would think you could debate the name usage in describing a devil or an evil individual from now untill eternity. Either religious, or non religious. You could come up with many names. Many have been given troughout history. I would think most would believe evil does exist. Now, is it your beliefs, or a defined and agreed upon concept of what we all say eveil is. Either way I would say evil exists.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

So If I start a wicked thread.Will it be amalgamated ?

Deep dark feeling thought swept up the mind,No more glory only drought.Suffice the eater's for we shall eat them.
edit on 16-6-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join